Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Follies

December 15th, 2019 at 1:36:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
You had better believe it. We are taxed enough and will not vote to have more of our money stolen. Feds alone are almost 20% of the economy.

You want to spend more money somewhere? CUT SOMETHING ELSE! You know, like people in the real world have to do.

There is no benefit to new taxes, just more money stolen from working people.

Meanwhile, liberals polish their chains........

I would happily take massively new taxes if it meant no more paying for healthcare or private insurance plans....
December 15th, 2019 at 1:58:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I would happily take massively new taxes if it meant no more paying for healthcare or private insurance plans....

Then you are a sheep.

Let me guess. You think that in a socialized medicine country you just walk into a doctor as often as you want and consume as much health care as you want. You get to pick your own doctor and there is no long wait. Am I close?

Ask Canadians who came to the USA because they would have died waiting. Ask Brits who wait for care. Check how long for you to get an MRI in Canada, a hint is your dog can probably get in faster.

Did you actually believe Michael Moore was shown the real Cuban hospitals that the average person goes to?
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:00:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Then you are a sheep.

Let me guess. You think that in a socialized medicine country you just walk into a doctor as often as you want and consume as much health care as you want. You get to pick your own doctor and there is no long wait. Am I close?

Ask Canadians who came to the USA because they would have died waiting. Ask Brits who wait for care. Check how long for you to get an MRI in Canada, a hint is your dog can probably get in faster.

Did you actually believe Michael Moore was shown the real Cuban hospitals that the average person goes to?

I am a sheep because I want what every other developed country has?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/269711/republican-satisfaction-healthcare-costs-surges.aspx
December 15th, 2019 at 2:38:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I am a sheep because I want what every other developed country has?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/269711/republican-satisfaction-healthcare-costs-surges.aspx

If everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you?

You are a sheep because you want government to control your healthcare choices.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:44:10 PM permalink
Gandler
If everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you?

You are a sheep because you want government to control your healthcare choices.

I do. I would much prefer that to insurance companies telling me where to go and maybe they will cover a portion of it.....
December 15th, 2019 at 2:48:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I do. I would much prefer that to insurance companies telling me where to go and maybe they will cover a portion of it.....

So, instead you want the government telling you what care you can have?

I prefer the current system where I can change carriers. I like being able to fire people.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:48:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I prefer the current system where I can change carriers. I like being able to fire people.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 2:54:10 PM permalink
Gandler

Yes. Insurance companies should not be in the medical industry, unless you want insurance for cataspehic unexpected industries.

But, people use medical insurance to cover everything. It would be like people expecting their car insurance to cover fuel and oil changes.... Insurance should be for extreme circumstances, not routine procedures...

Now, an alternative that could be doable would be a cash based system with all prices clearly posted in advanced. This would force medical providers to lower systems to stay competitive
But, an obscure insurance based marketplace is so complicated and obtuse, it makes routine medical care far more work than it should be (and often you end up paying a large portion of it out of pocket anyway...)
December 15th, 2019 at 3:00:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Yes. Insurance companies should not be in the medical industry, unless you want insurance for cataspehic unexpected industries.

Why?

Well, that is what it was first used for. Older folk still call it "major medical." Unfortunately, demand got them in more and more things, and "major" changed over the years. Today what was once "major" is now more than minor but less than a full hospital stay.

Quote:
But, people use medical insurance to cover everything. It would be like people expecting their car insurance to cover fuel and oil changes.... Insurance should be for extreme circumstances, not routine procedures...

Meanwhile, this is what you are calling for government to do.

Quote:
Now, an alternative that could be doable would be a cash based system with all prices clearly posted in advanced. This would force medical providers to lower systems to stay competitive
But, an obscure insurance based marketplace is so complicated and obtuse, it makes routine medical care far more work than it should be (and often you end up paying a large portion of it out of pocket anyway...)

I believe Trump just signed something to send us down the path of more transparent pricing. Hopefully he continues.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 4:08:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Then you are a sheep.

Let me guess. You think that in a socialized medicine country you just walk into a doctor as often as you want

I've told this before. My bro
in law lives in CA and his wife
has some rare disease that the
'free' care doesn't cover because
the meds are too expensive.
They are duel citizens and have
insurance here, so she comes
here to get treated.
He had both hips replaced, it
only took 5 years total waiting
time. Here they both would have
been done in six months. But hey,
it was 'free'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.