Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Follies

December 15th, 2019 at 11:35:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman

I am confused about what you are saying. In Canada with our VAT (GST) the tax amount is always shown on the invoice or till tape your receive. The cost ticket on the shelf is always pre tax, as are hotel rooms, building contracts and anything else. Sometimes company will have a NO TAX sale in which they don't add a tax to the sticker price. Of course with that sale they are hiding the tax and still backing it out of what they receive and remitting to the Government.

When our VAT was instituted it replaced a hidden federal government sales tax which was hidden to the consumer and paid by the manufacturers. The VAT is much more transparent.

The complaint I always hear from Europeans is that the ticket price does not include the tax. Canada may be doing it a bit different given it shares both American and European traits.

Either way the consumer is paying all of it in the end. That is the price for Canada's "free" health care.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 11:46:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Either way the consumer is paying all of it in the end. .

That's how it always works, why don't
people understand that. I've owned
businesses, I passed all my taxes and
expenses onto the customer. You have
to if you want to make a profit. We
even pay every time somebody steals
from Walmart. They apply a shrinkage
tax on every item they sell.

Again, a VAT hurts the people at the
bottom most, those that can least
afford it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2019 at 11:51:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

Again, a VAT hurts the people at the
bottom most, those that can least
afford it.

And yet those are the people voting for pols who promise to raise taxes.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 12:01:38 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
And yet those are the people voting for pols who promise to raise taxes.

Just shows what a bunch of braindead morons we have in this country.
Libbies have trained them well. Just like little dogs.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. Libbies are very effective at pulling the wool over the eyes of stupid people.

Hell, they already succeeded in convincing a whole generation of kids that abnormal behavior is now normal. Sadly, I think it might be next to impossible to undo all the harm that libbies have done in this country. 😩
December 15th, 2019 at 12:10:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek

Hell, they already succeeded in convincing a whole generation of kids that abnormal behavior is now normal. Sadly, I think it might be next to impossible to undo all the harm that libbies have done in this country. 😩

The USA likely does not last another 50 years. But I'll be dead and miss the worst of it.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2019 at 12:40:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The complaint I always hear from Europeans is that the ticket price does not include the tax. Canada may be doing it a bit different given it shares both American and European traits.

Either way the consumer is paying all of it in the end. That is the price for Canada's "free" health care.

The tax in the EU is the same as Canada added after. Maybe the people you have talked to can't add a tax in their head.

"What information is required on an EU VAT Invoice

Whilst there are still some difference between EU member states on their invoice requirements, the basic following requirements are common:

•The date of the invoice
•A unique invoice number, which should be sequential
•The name and address of the supplier and the customer
•The VAT number of the supplier
•A description of the goods supplied, including quantities
•The date of the supply of the goods or services where materially different from the date of the invoice
•The net amount charged

•The EU VAT rate charged, and the amount, and the gross charge ********

•Foreign currency rate if an alternative currency to the national currency of the supplier is used (this rate must be based on the local tax law e.g. a Central Bank rate in France"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 15th, 2019 at 1:05:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
The tax in the EU is the same as Canada added after. Maybe the people you have talked to can't add a tax in their head.

"What information is required on an EU VAT Invoice

Whilst there are still some difference between EU member states on their invoice requirements, the basic following requirements are common:

•The date of the invoice
•A unique invoice number, which should be sequential
•The name and address of the supplier and the customer
•The VAT number of the supplier
•A description of the goods supplied, including quantities
•The date of the supply of the goods or services where materially different from the date of the invoice
•The net amount charged

•The EU VAT rate charged, and the amount, and the gross charge ********

•Foreign currency rate if an alternative currency to the national currency of the supplier is used (this rate must be based on the local tax law e.g. a Central Bank rate in France"

They won't care about the facts, American conservatives will be opposed to any new taxes regardless of the information or benifits provided.... Even when that vast majoirty of the developed world has a different system....
December 15th, 2019 at 1:27:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I am happy with the VAT in Canada because it wasn't a tax increase. The GST was at 7% when instituted and replaced the 12% hidden federal sales tax on manufacturers and was pretty much revenue neutral. Since then the GST (our VAT) is only 5% and is not added to food, residential rents and some other items.

I am scared that someday a leftie party will get in and raise it to the 20% to 30% range that European countries have to pay for their social programs. Back in a previous thread on the UBI I did a basic calculation of the cost of a $1000 / month UBI. A VAT of 25% to 30% would be needed to support it with no reduction of other taxes. I would fight tooth and nail against that high a VAT if it was going to be instituted in Canada. I can't relate to why Gandler wants to voluntarily pay 30% more for everything.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 15th, 2019 at 1:31:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am happy with the VAT in Canada because it wasn't a tax increase. The GST was at 7% when instituted and replaced the 12% hidden federal sales tax on manufacturers and was pretty much revenue neutral. Since then the GST (our VAT) is only 5% and is not added to food, residential rents and some other items.

I am scared that someday a leftie party will get in and raise it to the 20% to 30% range that European countries have to pay for their social programs. Back in a previous thread on the UBI I did a basic calculation of the cost of a $1000 / month UBI. A VAT of 25% to 30% would be needed to support it with no reduction of other taxes. I would fight tooth and nail against that high a VAT if it was going to be instituted in Canada. I can't relate to why Gandler wants to voluntarily pay 30% more for everything.

You have free healthcare.

You have no idea how living in a country where you can pay 10s of thousands of dollars a year for treatments is.

Would you prefer a tax cut and a complete privatization of health care? I guatentee you will say no.....
December 15th, 2019 at 1:32:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
They won't care about the facts, American conservatives will be opposed to any new taxes regardless of the information or benifits provided.... Even when that vast majoirty of the developed world has a different system....

You had better believe it. We are taxed enough and will not vote to have more of our money stolen. Feds alone are almost 20% of the economy.

You want to spend more money somewhere? CUT SOMETHING ELSE! You know, like people in the real world have to do.

There is no benefit to new taxes, just more money stolen from working people.

Meanwhile, liberals polish their chains........
The President is a fink.