Stimulus

August 2nd, 2020 at 3:09:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
6 weeks into this and loving life.
Inside the RV, life is pretty much the same as living in a house.
So small, I never lose or misplace anything :-)
I have all my toys with me, music collection, TV, Laptop, Nintendo Switch, Xbox one.
Cooking a lot in the camper to eat healthy.
Riding my bike more as I am enjoying new neighborhoods to explore getting exercise.

Sounds miserable.

/sarcasm
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 2nd, 2020 at 3:10:47 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I agree
The RV park I am at is pretty upscale. Gated and no RV over 10 years old allowed.
Not only am I surrounded by six-figure RV motor homes, if its a travel trailer, a lot of high end super duty pick-up trucks which are also vey expensive.
You get the overall impression everybody has money to support expensive toys.

6 weeks into this and loving life.
Inside the RV, life is pretty much the same as living in a house.
So small, I never lose or misplace anything :-)
I have all my toys with me, music collection, TV, Laptop, Nintendo Switch, Xbox one.
Cooking a lot in the camper to eat healthy.
Riding my bike more as I am enjoying new neighborhoods to explore getting exercise.

I’m just glad you’re enjoying yourself and life! I have no idea what exactly it is your detractors are detracting or why they are so vociferous. I hope you continue to enjoy your temporary neighbors and your travels!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 3:26:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
I have no idea what exactly it is your detractors are detracting or why they are so vociferous.

Because we've been around and
you haven't, obviously. Telling
someone you live full time in
an RV park the first thing they
think is you're one step from
being homeless, Which most
of them are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 2nd, 2020 at 3:29:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Because we've been around and
you haven't, obviously. Telling
someone you live full time in
an RV park the first thing they
think is you're one step from
being homeless, Which most
of them are.

By driving a vehicle that costs more than some houses do?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:01:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I’m just glad you’re enjoying yourself and life! I have no idea what exactly it is your detractors are detracting or why they are so vociferous. I hope you continue to enjoy your temporary neighbors and your travels!

Its illogical and sad but the detractions I am attracting from Shrek and EB regarding my move to the RV life is due to politics.
Yes politics even though the move has nothing to do with politics.
Plenty of people across all political spectrums are retiring to the RV life, conservatives and libs.
A lot of Trumpers in the RV park. They proudly display their Trump 2020 flags.
Because I lean left, Shrek and EB hate my move and anything about me. If I was a conservative, they would congratulate me on the move.
Weird and illogical but there it is. Politics fueling hate when its not even a political issue. No way they turn on a Trumper retiring to the RV life
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:11:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
By driving a vehicle that costs more than some houses do?

You betcha. Those things depreciate
HOURLY, with every mile you put on
them. They are always a liability, never
an investment. Remember the old
saying 'the two best days of your life
are when you buy a boat, and the
day you sell it?' That applies to RV's
in spades. Houses go up in value,
rarely do they go down. That's
because RV's are disposable, they
have a shelf life.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:13:29 PM permalink
Evenbob

Plenty of people across all political spectrums are retiring to the RV life,

People still buy time shares all the
time, you aren't making the point
you think you're making. People
are famous for making huge
mistakes.
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:13:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Its illogical and sad but the detractions I am attracting from Shrek and EB regarding my move to the RV life is due to politics.
Plenty of people across all political spectrums are retiring to the RV life, conservatives and libs.
Because I lean left, Shrek and EB hate my move and anything about me. If I was a conservative, they would congratulate me on the move.
Weird and illogical but there it is. Politics fueling hate when its not even a political issue. No way they turn on a Trumper retiring to the RV life
I think we're going to need more labels for people?

Obviously there's you, living in a gated RV park surrounded by upscale motorhomes.

And then there are millions of people who didn't pay July's rent. What shall we call those that can't/don't/won't pay July's rent? What about the landlords that will gladly accept government cheese for letting those without the funds to stay in their dwellings? https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rent-moratorium-expires-landlord-tenant-battles-begin

"33% of renters have yet to make their full payment in July, a recent survey showed."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 2nd, 2020 at 5:31:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Well, I hope everyone is happy with life and successful in all they do (by their own standards) on this forum. I’m argumentative to be sure, but if there was a person I just flat out didn’t like, I simply wouldn’t respond to any of their posts whatsoever. Nobody here fits the bill.
August 2nd, 2020 at 6:09:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Well, I hope everyone is happy with life and successful in all they do (by their own standards) on this forum. I’m argumentative to be sure, but if there was a person I just flat out didn’t like, I simply wouldn’t respond to any of their posts whatsoever. Nobody here fits the bill.

Here is the irony of Shrek and EB
I've been camping for over 25 years
Not much has changed in my eyes in 25 years of camping.
Campgrounds all look the same with same types of happy camping decorations
Except one thing that I cannot help noticing
In 25 years of camping, never saw a single candidate political flag. NEVER for anybody.
Campgrounds are friendly, rustic, enjoy outdoor nature atmosphere. Not a place for politics
Until now
Last campground, huge Trump 2020 flags. This campground, huge Trump 2020 flag.
I'm sure people here have seen them, very popular with Trump supporters.
Ironic isn't it. LOL I'm camping with EB and Shrek's people. Ain't life strange :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"