AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Every WEEK? That's $1000 a month!
For $900 a month here you can get
a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with
garage parking. Where you at,
Beverly Hills? lol

Plus an apartment will not spin a wheel bearing on the side of the interstate.
The President is a fink.
August 2nd, 2020 at 9:41:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Plus an apartment will not spin a wheel bearing on the side of the interstate.

An apartment is maintenance free,
something breaks and they fix it.
You also seldom have
trouble around the hillbilly campfire
at night.. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 2nd, 2020 at 10:05:59 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
For some reason the link is not working, but I am going to guess since most people are home all day, people are ordering more online and spending time on social media sites where they make more money from people sitting online, and people having to rely more of software for communication.

It has more to do with easy Fed money.

The link works fine for me. Try pasting "How Billionaires Got $637 Billion Richer During The Pandemic" in YouTube.

Elon Musk, who made $2 billion last week, opposes more stimulus for the unemployed.
August 2nd, 2020 at 12:41:36 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: terapined
I'm paying 249.00 a week here. Electricity, sewer, water, cable, wi-fi.
Every WEEK? That's $1000 a month!
For $900 a month here you can get
a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with
garage parking. Where you at,
Beverly Hills? lol
lol

You couldn't pay me $1,000/mo to live amongst those RV people. From what I've personally seen, most of them are drug addicts, criminals, etc. No thanks. 😒
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:02:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
lol

You couldn't pay me $1,000/mo to live amongst those RV people. From what I've personally seen, most of them are drug addicts, criminals, etc. No thanks. 😒

Nobody would pay $1000 a month
to live that life on purpose. There
are always reasons they do it that
they never talk about that forces
them into it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:20:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wasn’t there some other thread where you guys went on and on trolling terapined about the RV thing?

If I had to guess, I’d say terapined is probably much more satisfied with his current life situation than most of our board’s resident righties.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:30:42 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko

The link works fine for me. Try pasting "How Billionaires Got $637 Billion Richer During The Pandemic" in YouTube.

Elon Musk, who made $2 billion last week, opposes more stimulus for the unemployed.

I'm happy to agree with Elon Musk. His 2 billion is due to the stock in his company being valued substantially higher by the free market. Remember, Elon Musk (and me) are not opposed to unemployment insurance that the states have in place for the past many decades. The concept of unemployment insurance was to serve as a safety net or bridge until they resume employment. In another thread I posted about my drive down our busy street with business after business with signs up seeking workers. They will find them as soon as the extra money on top of the regular unemployment insurance ends. My lawn service, sprinkler service... both owners bemoaned that they can't pay enough to out pay the government paying his workers who are sitting home (or working under the table elsewhere).

I HATE it that the kids who stayed on at Wegmans and Walmart made LESS than those that lied and said they could not find a job, while those jobs are there a plenty....
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:37:43 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Tanko

What’s your point? I oppose it, am not a Republican and have nowhere near as much money as he does. In fact, take his money, subtract approximately all of it and you have me.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:40:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Shrek
lol

I haven’t met too many drug addicts who can afford a six-figure RV and $1,000/month just for a lot with electric/water hookups. They’re usually too busy spending what money they do get on drugs.

As to, “Personally seen,” where and approximately when?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:57:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I haven’t met too many drug addicts who can afford a six-figure RV and $1,000/month just for a lot with electric/water hookups. They’re usually too busy spending what money they do get on drugs.

I agree
The RV park I am at is pretty upscale. Gated and no RV over 10 years old allowed.
Not only am I surrounded by six-figure RV motor homes, if its a travel trailer, a lot of high end super duty pick-up trucks which are also vey expensive.
You get the overall impression everybody has money to support expensive toys.

6 weeks into this and loving life.
Inside the RV, life is pretty much the same as living in a house.
So small, I never lose or misplace anything :-)
I have all my toys with me, music collection, TV, Laptop, Nintendo Switch, Xbox one.
Cooking a lot in the camper to eat healthy.
Riding my bike more as I am enjoying new neighborhoods to explore getting exercise.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"