Stimulus

August 1st, 2020 at 3:55:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
TerapinEd, what is a typical rate for a campground with full hookups?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 1st, 2020 at 4:22:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
TerapinEd, what is a typical rate for a campground with full hookups?

I'm paying 249.00 a week here. Electricity, sewer, water, cable, wi-fi.
Its a really nice place.
Closer to Metro area or in Metro area generally costs more.
I'm right in Tampa.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2020 at 4:35:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Made my 1st move.
Not out of the country like one righty on this board wants lol. I'm not the enemy, I'm the loyal opposition.
Just a 45 min trip. 1st real tow as the 1st campground was just up the street from the dealer.
Big difference in towing that light pop-up and the RV now. Pop-up, you barely notice you are towing. This camper, I can tell the truck is working harder and getting less gas mileage but that's to be expected. No issues, just a different feel towing.
1st campground was huge, about 2/3 mobile homes.
Was there for about 6 weeks taking advantage of some promo rates.
They just raised the rate on me so I moved.
Something closer to the house that I am selling and close on next week
Really loving this campground. No mobile homes. Upscale. Got a great weekly rate.
They enforce a very controversial rule among RV'ers
RV must be less then 10 years old and look clean. No pop-ups. No tents
Really liking it here, got cable including HBO

I can't remember the name, but I remember reading about a group of RVers who help each other out. No fee. Completely free.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:59:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
/q]

So wife's sister lost good job around Rochester, NY. Was probably making $100k+. Husband a fraction of that. No equivalent job to be found nearby, but was able to match in North Carolina. House up for sale, they are leaving in a camper any day now. I was stunned to find out that to park your vehicle in a decent campground or trailer park or whatever you want to call it would cost around $750 a month! For long term. I guess if you figure electricity, sewer, water, wifi, and profit... it makes sense.....

Edit.... not sure why it looks like my response to Ed looks like Ed is saying it, but I'm hoping all can figure it out.
August 2nd, 2020 at 5:03:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Just wait for jobless numbers that reflect first two weeks in August. My bet is numbers come down. Now that the millions, and yes, there are millions, of Americans who were getting paid more to sit home and not work will be losing that opportunity, magically they will be able to find some of the millions of jobs that are out there. I drive down a big road nearby called Transit Road, and if I drive 5 miles I think I might see 50 'help wanted' signs on the different stores.
August 2nd, 2020 at 5:10:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Just wait for jobless numbers that reflect first two weeks in August. My bet is numbers come down.

I’m curious to see how my next Vegas trip in a few weeks differs from the one I took last month.

Trashiest clientele I have ever seen in Vegas. Some of the dealers said that it was because of the extra unemployment. Lots of people paying for everything with their unemployment debit cards.

And don’t get me started on the lazy scooter people that have taken over the strip. 🤦‍♂️

https://twitter.com/lasvegaslocally/status/1289718242135560192?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 2nd, 2020 at 5:14:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
I’m curious to see how my next Vegas trip in a few weeks differs from the one I took last month.

Trashiest clientele I have ever seen in Vegas. Some of the dealers said that it was because of the extra unemployment. Lots of people paying for everything with their unemployment debit cards.

And don’t get me started on the lazy scooter people that have taken over the strip. 🤦‍♂️

https://twitter.com/lasvegaslocally/status/1289718242135560192?s=21

Good points. I love Vegas, but I never want to be there mid summer. Shoulder seasons are my time.... October and April.... Enjoy trip... If you get another 7 card straight flush there may start to be some doubters....!
August 2nd, 2020 at 8:29:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
40 million jobless claims, 21 million unemployed, almost 30 million didn’t get enough to eat last week, 40 million could lose their homes, and Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison, saw their wealth grow by $102 billion since March 18th.

'How Billionaires Got $637 Billion Richer During The Pandemic'

August 2nd, 2020 at 8:48:00 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
40 million jobless claims, 21 million unemployed, almost 30 million didn’t get enough to eat last week, 40 million could lose their homes, and Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison, saw their wealth grow by $102 billion since March 18th.

'How Billionaires Got $637 Billion Richer During The Pandemic'

For some reason the link is not working, but I am going to guess since most people are home all day, people are ordering more online and spending time on social media sites where they make more money from people sitting online, and people having to rely more of software for communication.
August 2nd, 2020 at 9:35:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Every WEEK? That's $1000 a month!
For $900 a month here you can get
a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with
garage parking. Where you at,
Beverly Hills? lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.