Stimulus

June 18th, 2020 at 4:59:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Explain it to you? No.

But it'd be nice if the United States didn't govern from crisis to crisis.

The problem is if any official, Repub or Dem, asked for a billion dollars in ventilators last year the Repubs would have wanted the money to come from some child food program and the Dems would have wanted it to come from the Defense budget, and the two would never agree.

How many people don't have standby generators ($5-10K) that have cars that cost over $35k?
June 18th, 2020 at 5:04:16 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
The problem is if any official, Repub or Dem, asked for a billion dollars in ventilators last year the Repubs would have wanted the money to come from some child food program and the Dems would have wanted it to come from the Defense budget, and the two would never agree.

How many people don't have standby generators ($5-10K) that have cars that cost over $35k?

Yup. They would have wanted to buy something that they shouldn't buy using money from something that shouldn't exist at the Federal level or money from something else that should have already been substantially reduced at the Federal level.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 18th, 2020 at 5:14:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
Yup. They would have wanted to buy something that they shouldn't buy using money from something that shouldn't exist at the Federal level or money from something else that should have already been substantially reduced at the Federal level.

Mission... i have stopped even attempting to read your loooooooooong posts, but I love your pithy ones!
June 18th, 2020 at 5:16:08 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Mission... i have stopped even attempting to read your loooooooooong posts, but I love your pithy ones!

Thanks!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 6:31:45 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
A "payroll tax" cut..... Do you know what that is?

The sad part is that I don't think he really knows what a "payroll tax" is lol! 🤣🤣

Then again, isn't he like 26 or 27?? Makes total sense now......... 🙄
June 19th, 2020 at 2:38:18 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Shrek
The sad part is that I don't think he really knows what a "payroll tax" is lol! 🤣🤣

Then again, isn't he like 26 or 27?? Makes total sense now......... 🙄

For having me blocked, you seem pretty obsessed with my age in every response and responding to my posts....
I guess age insult rules only apply to old age? Because its getting kind of absurd....

My post made it pretty clear what a payroll tax cut could consist of (which by the way is the Republican proposal.....)

In fact this is Trump's idea for the next stimulus. So all the conservatives here acting like its a crazy "Libbie idea" are wrong:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/05/trump-wants-to-give-workers-a-payroll-tax-cut-how-it-would-work.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ted-cruz-republicans-payroll-tax-cut-coronavirus-struggling-people-2020-5
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/perspectives/payroll-tax-cut-trump/index.html

Most liberals oppose it (I do not, I think it would help working class people).

Its ironic, because I bet all of the detractors to my post will suddenly support it when they realize it was Trump's idea (well his administration's)....
June 19th, 2020 at 3:48:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Maybe he is jealous if his parents claimed him as a dependant so he didn't get a stimulus check?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 20th, 2020 at 10:55:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
I guess the thing that most surprised me is how expensive even some lower-end ones are. I don't know how much I expected them to cost, but it wasn't that. I've also read a lot recently (LOL) about associated repair costs and what not, but Terapined is a really smart dude, so I'm 100% sure he weighed the downfalls and benefits going in. I sincerely hope he enjoys the lifestyle, because he seems like a really cool dude who deserves to enjoy himself in these later years.

I'm expecting repair costs. If the AC needs to be replaced, certainly cheaper then the one I replaced at the house. Stuff breaking is part of life. I could always buy a new RV in 5 years. They are not expensive like a house. Easily replaceable.
I am doing laundry at the laundromat and I love it. I'm at a RV resort and the laundry room is next to the well maintained pool. 1.75 to wash and about 1.00 to dry. 50 cents not enough time to dry. Keep feeding in 50 cent increments till dry. Just relaxing by pool as laundry gets done. Life is good.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 20th, 2020 at 12:14:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
I'm expecting repair costs. If the AC needs to be replaced, certainly cheaper then the one I replaced at the house. Stuff breaking is part of life. I could always buy a new RV in 5 years. They are not expensive like a house. Easily replaceable.
I am doing laundry at the laundromat and I love it. I'm at a RV resort and the laundry room is next to the well maintained pool. 1.75 to wash and about 1.00 to dry. 50 cents not enough time to dry. Keep feeding in 50 cent increments till dry. Just relaxing by pool as laundry gets done. Life is good.

You can get folding wooden drying rack. Done, fold it back up.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2020 at 12:44:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
You can get folding wooden drying rack. Done, fold it back up.
That may be ok at some campgrounds but I'm at a RV resort. No drying outside allowed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"