Stimulus

June 17th, 2020 at 3:50:30 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Me also. Another reason to avoid
laundromats when possible.

Whenever I've gone to a laundromat, there's always a bunch of RV-type people there.
Not exactly the crowd you'd want to hang out with. 😂😂
June 17th, 2020 at 4:48:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
Whenever I've gone to a laundromat, there's always a bunch of RV-type people there.
Not exactly the crowd you'd want to hang out with. 😂😂

You have to ask what kind of mentality
does it take to willingly sell your home
to live in a space barely bigger than
a 4 man prison cell. I've never gotten
it, I'll never get it.

One of my first GF's parents had a 5th
wheel and we borrowed it for a weekend.
I think that's where I got the no RV bug.
By the 2nd day I was climbing the walls.
Every night around the campfire with
drunk rednecks and I was done with RV
life forever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 17th, 2020 at 5:03:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
it, I'll never get it.

One of my first GF's parents had a 5th
wheel and we borrowed it for a weekend.
I think that's where I got the no RV bug.
By the 2nd day I was climbing the walls.
Every night around the campfire with
drunk rednecks and I was done with RV
life forever.

Gosh Bob. We get it. You don't like the "RV life". It wouldn't be for me, either. But apparently it IS for the NINE MILLION RV owners in the USA. I was shocked at how high that number was. Let's give Ed a few months and get his review. Like everything else in life, I'll bet there will be a bunch of pluses and minuses. I do applaud him for taking the chance. You only live once.
June 17th, 2020 at 5:10:28 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Gosh Bob. We get it. You don't like the "RV life". It wouldn't be for me, either. But apparently it IS for the NINE MILLION RV owners in the USA. I was shocked at how high that number was. Let's give Ed a few months and get his review. Like everything else in life, I'll bet there will be a bunch of pluses and minuses. I do applaud him for taking the chance. You only live once.

I guess the thing that most surprised me is how expensive even some lower-end ones are. I don't know how much I expected them to cost, but it wasn't that. I've also read a lot recently (LOL) about associated repair costs and what not, but Terapined is a really smart dude, so I'm 100% sure he weighed the downfalls and benefits going in. I sincerely hope he enjoys the lifestyle, because he seems like a really cool dude who deserves to enjoy himself in these later years.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 17th, 2020 at 5:11:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
it, I'll never get it.

I can see Charlie Daniels using one because he is on the road so often and needs to sleep as he moves from place to place. He has a driver and crew and money to replace it when things go wrong. But a regular person by the time you fill er up at 8 MPG and all the repairs and the just hassle. Then who knows how much dope moving about the parks. To me a vacation is to not have to empty waste water from an RV.
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2020 at 5:28:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
You might have to take care of your own lawn.

I live in a condo I have no yard work. Sold the house years ago.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 17th, 2020 at 7:49:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
But apparently it IS for the NINE MILLION RV owners in the USA.

Not really. Many who live the life
were forced into it and hate it.
Many more regret doing it after
the first few months and are
now stuck with it. Search 'hate
RV life' on Youtube to wise
yourself up.

You know what I think about when
I flush my home toilet? Nothing.
In an RV it's just one more thing
on the long list to worry about.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 18th, 2020 at 5:25:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Not really. Many who live the life
were forced into it and hate it.
Many more regret doing it after
the first few months and are
now stuck with it. Search 'hate
RV life' on Youtube to wise
yourself up.

You know what I think about when
I flush my home toilet? Nothing.
In an RV it's just one more thing
on the long list to worry about.

I was once with friends in an RV years back. I was given toilet instructions..... "If it's yellow, let it mellow.... If it's brown, flush it down...."

To me, they are valuable for pre-game tailgate parties, or if you happen to be in such a remote area that there are no acceptable hotels. We went to an RV campground called Jellystone I believe two summers ago. Wife's sister has an RV. We rented the ridiculously overpriced cabin there instead...
June 18th, 2020 at 7:33:38 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

Well, you never knew about the nerdy guys. You think Bill Gates went without laundering. They went days and nights developing computer programs.

I can guarantee you that every computer nerd has went days without washing. There was one time where I didn't leave my bedroom for four days because I was in a marathon of code writing.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 18th, 2020 at 8:25:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I was once with friends in an RV years back. I was given toilet instructions..... "If it's yellow, let it mellow.... If it's brown, flush it down...."

To me, they are valuable for pre-game tailgate parties, or if you happen to be in such a remote area that there are no acceptable hotels. We went to an RV campground called Jellystone I believe two summers ago. Wife's sister has an RV. We rented the ridiculously overpriced cabin there instead...
I really dont think much about the toilet. I flush regardless if number 1 or 2. My black water tank is huge for 1 person. 30 gallons. Supposed to empty when I get 2/3 full. Have a sensor for that. Could take me months to get to 20 gallons of crap. When I get there, simply pull release valve and it all disappears into sewage hole by my camper. Then empty grey water to clear the system. Easy peasy. Even in my old small pop up camper, flushed regardless if 1 or 2. If its yellow, let it mellow is disgusting.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"