No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

August 12th, 2020 at 1:05:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
Let me reword this for you to an unbiased position. Covid started in March and the economy took a huge hit as State legislatures shut down their businesses. By the end of June(2nd Quarter) the GDP had recovered half of it's losses from the low point and was 10% below it's record high of 22T in Feb. It has continued to recover since then but figures are not yet available.

You just smashed him upside the head with facts.

I love how liberals think the china virus is somehow Trump's fault. Science shows otherwise, yet they blame Trump. They think a POTUS can wave a magic wand and a virus is no more.

Meanwhile, 98% of the population has NOT gotten the china virus! By that measure, Trump has done an excellent job!
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2020 at 1:05:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As early voting starts about 2 weeks before Nov 3, time is shorter than it may appear for corrections.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2020 at 1:32:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
As early voting starts about 2 weeks before Nov 3, time is shorter than it may appear for corrections.

2 weeks? Heck, I think here in MI we can absentee vote sometime in September.

Edit - just looked it up: they start mailing out ballots 45 days before Election Day. I’ll be filling mine out and personally returning it ASAP. Not trusting the USPS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 12th, 2020 at 1:39:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It's to bad Biden didn't pick McAfee as his running mate: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/john-mcafee-arrested-wearing-thong-over-his-head-facemask-germany

Those two seem like they could have went on a good runner back in the day.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 12th, 2020 at 1:41:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
2 weeks? Heck, I think here in MI we can absentee vote sometime in September.

Edit - just looked it up: they start mailing out ballots 45 days before Election Day. I’ll be filling mine out and personally returning it ASAP. Not trusting the USPS.

Yeah, I was just estimating without checking every state for variation.

I was going to mention in the Post Office thread, with Trump's man heading the post office, I'm not planning on depending on mail-in anyway. I pass an early voting polling place every day, and sometimes twice, so will just pull in when lines aren't out the door.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2020 at 1:43:46 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
Covid started in March and the economy took a huge hit as State legislatures shut down their businesses.

Covid started in January in the United States. And don't you mean, state legislatures followed the guidelines from Trump's corona virus task force and shut their economies down? You folks act as if the person with self-proclaimed "absolute authority" shares NO responsibility for the consequences of HIS decisions. It's a laughable position to take. Absolutely ridiculous position to take.

We could've shut down and STAYED shut down and been in a much better position today and LESS people dead. Or, we could've NOT shut down AT ALL and just let natural selection take its course and maintained the economy. Instead we got the worst of both worlds, people dying and 7.8 million jobs lost.

What is CLEAR is that the approach WE HAVE TAKEN has been a FAILING approach. And to absolve Trump of all responsibility is a derelict of duty as an American.

But wait, you're not American. And if I were an American conservative, I'd ask you, who tf cares what you think? lol

and lol @ you having an unbiased position on anything

https://www.bea.gov/news/2020/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2020-advance-estimate-and-annual-update#:~:text=Real%20gross%20domestic%20product%20(GDP,the%20Bureau%20of%20Economic%20Analysis.&text=The%20%22second%22%20estimate%20for%20the,released%20on%20August%2027%2C%202020.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth
August 12th, 2020 at 2:37:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, I was just estimating without checking every state for variation.

I was going to mention in the Post Office thread, with Trump's man heading the post office, I'm not planning on depending on mail-in anyway. I pass an early voting polling place every day, and sometimes twice, so will just pull in when lines aren't out the door.

So, you agree with Trump that vote by mail is not safe?!
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2020 at 2:40:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan

What is CLEAR is that the approach WE HAVE TAKEN has been a FAILING approach. And to absolve Trump of all responsibility is a derelict of duty as an American.

98% of the population NOT INFECTED is "failure" to you?

I suppose you know how we could have locked everyone at home and had a functioning economy?
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2020 at 2:43:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
98% of the population NOT INFECTED is "failure" to you?

That's true, but nobody pays
any attention to figures. What
they do pay attention to is how
many of their friends, neighbors
and family died from it. So far
I don't know a single person
besides myself who even had it,
let alone died from it. Most
people don't if 98% is not
even infected.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 12th, 2020 at 2:48:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
That's true, but nobody pays
any attention to figures. What
they do pay attention to is how
many of their friends, neighbors
and family died from it. So far
I don't know a single person
besides myself who even had it,
let alone died from it. Most
people don't if 98% is not
even infected.

I just do not get how someone hanging in RV parks says we did not take it serious. Those places look like germ banks.
The President is a fink.