maintained it all along. She is
the only 'black' woman who's
the least hard to take and has
the name recognition. There
was never any other choice,
such that it is.

Don't forget that way back on
Dec 3rd:

"Kamala Harris is ending her presidential campaign after months of failing to lift her candidacy from the bottom of the field."

Nobody likes her, she has a likability
factor of -1. And she's about as black
as I am, both in looks and demeanor.
She's perfect for Biden, who she
continually lambasted on the trail.
The more we see of her, the more
they will both be disliked.

Biden is as black and Kamal-Toe:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 11th, 2020 at 4:32:05 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
HAHAHAHA!!! And Trump already has an ad eviscerating Dementia Joe's VP pick 🤣🤣🤣

Trump is running a next level campaign!
This is gonna be sooooooooooooo easy to win...............assuming there's no voter fraud!!

August 11th, 2020 at 4:39:09 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I must admit I was taken aback when I first heard Harris identifies as being black by race. At what point does it get ridiculous? I'm 0.2% native American. Can I state that is my race with a straight face?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 11th, 2020 at 4:49:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I must admit I was taken aback when I first heard Harris identifies as being black by race. At what point does it get ridiculous? I'm 0.2% native American. Can I state that is my race with a straight face?

I calculate that as 1 great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent in about the year 1740. That is one long family tree!

A bit more serious, this is why some of us laugh at the "identification" thing and say you are what you were born as not what you "identify" as. In her case, I assume she is saying she is what we could call "Black Jamaican." But there is more power and money in saying you are black. Naturally she never gets called on it.

Moral of the story being as long as society allows "identification" there will be more of this.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2020 at 4:51:17 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12

Is your last name Warren? If so you are good to go.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 11th, 2020 at 4:53:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Is your last name Warren? If so you are good to go.

Weren’t you banking on the VP pick and Biden’s debate performances to sink him? If so, how does Harris fit in to your calculations?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 11th, 2020 at 5:08:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
I calculate that as 1 great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent in about the year 1740. That is one long family tree!

The 0.2% was confirmed by a genetic test. Previously, my uncle claimed there was some Indian blood in the family, but didn't know exactly where or how far back. I forgot my tribe's name, but I think it starts with a B, and they remained in Alaska and northern Canada, as opposed to heading south.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 11th, 2020 at 5:20:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The 0.2% was confirmed by a genetic test. Previously, my uncle claimed there was some Indian blood in the family, but didn't know exactly where or how far back. I forgot my tribe's name, but I think it starts with a B, and they remained in Alaska and northern Canada, as opposed to heading south.

I figured that was how you got it as almost nobody knows back beyond great-great grandparents and even that is rare. I must say I was curious on the % as people all the times make up %s that make no sense. My oil and gas work actually taught me to be on the lookout there. Your number matches to 8 generations. If you said .3% it would not work.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2020 at 5:39:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I think this was the best pick Biden could have made for his election chances. Out of all the female African-American possibilities, Harris alone checks the box of 'being ready on day one' to be President. She has prosecutorial and Senate experience, and has been on the national stage. She is pretty far left, but in reality, that is the Democrat party of today. I see Biden losing no votes by picking her. I think an Abrams, as an example, would have cost him some, not many, but some, votes.

Maybe we can see the betting lines tomorrow.... I'd guess Trump is a more than 2-1 underdog now.