No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

March 5th, 2020 at 1:58:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I am assuming Joe Biden is the Democrat nominee. I have listed 9 possibilities for his Vice presidential running mate.

Being it is the Democrat party actual qualifications will not be considered. What you look like will be paramount. As such I included no straight white males. No matter how qualified, with a straight white male on top of the ticket there is a zero percent chance the Democrats would pick another. No reason to waste space on Sanders or Bloomberg.

I believe being both of color AND female is a double bonus if you are a Democrat. So I would bet on either Harris or Abrams. The Democrats probably think a black woman, even if unqualified, would energize their base.

As a consultant to the democrats, I'd recommend Buttigieg. My vote for who I think..... Abrams.
March 5th, 2020 at 2:01:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Don’t be surprised if it’s Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 5th, 2020 at 2:21:13 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am voting for Pete because I think even the Democrats would rather have a gay man than a woman.. :)
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 5th, 2020 at 2:24:14 PM permalink
ams288
Of the poll choices, you can scratch off Hillary, Michelle Obama, and Elizabeth Warren. The first two are obviously not going to happen, and Biden and Warren have a feud going back years. Plus her senate seat is too valuable.
March 5th, 2020 at 2:31:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Of the poll choices, you can scratch off Hillary, Michelle Obama, and Elizabeth Warren. The first two are obviously not going to happen, and Biden and Warren have a feud going back years. Plus her senate seat is too valuable.

I agree that no one would want Warren as a running mate. And agree Hillary does not want to be a VEEP...... unless it is a path to be President? But you are right that the Dems don't need that baggage. You don't think Biden/Obama bumperstickers will sell?

Isn't Warren's senate seat a lock for Democrats even if Warren gives it up?
March 5th, 2020 at 2:33:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

I agree with these three. I don't think the first two would be interested in being VP; they've both been to the top, at least as part of the Presidency and being VP would be a step down in a lot of ways. Warren was re-elected in 2018 and the Republican governor of Massachusetts won re-election at the same time.

She won't be going anywhere soon...
March 5th, 2020 at 2:54:00 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Isn't Warren's senate seat a lock for Democrats even if Warren gives it up?

In the short term a GOP governor would get to name the replacement.

And when Ted Kennedy died, Massachusetts elected Scott Brown over the Dem...
March 5th, 2020 at 7:53:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
It's pretty easy to predict it won't be a straight white male. That said, I would think Joe would go for someone from a battleground state, but that historically hasn't been a chosen strategy.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone I'd like to see. Maybe Jerry Brown, but he's retired.

p.s. I voted for Kamala Harris in the pole, but it was choosing the least of ten evils.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 5th, 2020 at 8:20:58 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: SOOPOO
I am assuming Joe Biden is the Democrat nominee. I have listed 9 possibilities for his Vice presidential running mate.

Being it is the Democrat party actual qualifications will not be considered. What you look like will be paramount. As such I included no straight white males. No matter how qualified, with a straight white male on top of the ticket there is a zero percent chance the Democrats would pick another. No reason to waste space on Sanders or Bloomberg.

I believe being both of color AND female is a double bonus if you are a Democrat. So I would bet on either Harris or Abrams. The Democrats probably think a black woman, even if unqualified, would energize their base.

As a consultant to the democrats, I'd recommend Buttigieg. My vote for who I think..... Abrams.

SOOPOO - you forgot the "I'm a bigot" poll choice

(in before someone says, all conservatives are bigots so there was no need for that in the poll)
March 5th, 2020 at 9:18:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's hard to say where Pocahontas jumped the shark.
Was it when she falsely claimed to be an Indian?
Was it when she kept making up stories about
things that happened in her life that were not true?
Is it when she plagiarized a recipe for a Cherokee
cookbook? Was it when she said in January she
was going to let 9 year old transgender children
pick her cabinet members. Was it because she
reminds every divorced man, just like Hillary did,
of their first wife. The one they divorced and ran
as fast as they could have way from.

Of course
Pocahontas today is totally blaming sexism, she
lost because she's a woman. It's the Hillary defense.
It's not because they're lame, it's because they're female.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 351234>Last »