The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 27th, 2020 at 2:42:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
I guess you could add Bolton to that list now? lol

Let me just confirm I have this right. We have a fired disgruntled employee writing a book, his book has to be read and approved by other possibly disgruntled government employees that are checking it for security leaks, an un-named member of this review group allegedly leaks to the NY Times some incriminating hearsay, the NY Times who several times in Trump's presidency have been caught publishing BS publishes this hearsay. How could any thinking person not believe this information is unbiased and true.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 27th, 2020 at 2:43:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Let me just confirm I have this right. We have a fired disgruntled employee writing a book, his book has to be read and approved by other possibly disgruntled government employees that are checking it for security leaks, an un-named member of this review group allegedly leaks to the NY Times some incriminating hearsay, the NY Times who several times in Trump's presidency have been caught publishing BS publishes this hearsay. How could any thinking person not believe this information is unbiased and true.

Here’s an idea: get him under oath so both sides can question him!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 27th, 2020 at 3:05:35 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Alexander Vindman--

"His identical twin brother, Yevgeny S. Vindman, is an Army lieutenant colonel and JAG Officer who is assigned as an attorney on the National Security Council staff handling ethics issues. Vindman has an older brother, Leonid Vindman, who also served as a commissioned Army officer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Vindman

Now that is interesting...may be nothing, but there has been a lot of "nothing" thrown around. He says he didn't review it. We need to know who did.
January 27th, 2020 at 3:11:21 PM permalink
RonC
I guess you could add Bolton to that list now? lol

No, you simply don't get it. I am not 100% sure that the President should not have been impeached. My doubt is all in the poor process that the Democrats followed. They preferred political expedience to actually going to court, getting courts to rule and force appearances, and working their way through the case. Now those same Democrats want the Republicans to do the right thing.

Bolton is Bolton. He was never the favorite of the Left but he is there boy right now.

If this was not just a political exercise, and if the process allowed it, the Senate would tell the House to take the whole thing back to their committees, do the proper investigations and get the court orders, and then send it all back to us to hear the case.
January 27th, 2020 at 3:24:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Bolton is Bolton. He was never the favorite of the Left

Well there’s the understatement of the millennium!

I’ve been waiting for y’all to try to pretend that JOHN BOLTON is some secret leftist hellbent on causing the GOP pain. Kenarman seems to be flirting with that insane argument. But let’s be real - he’s the quintessential right winger.

——

Oh yeah, <<snipped>> all the stuff about process because IDGAF.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 28th, 2020 at 12:30:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
How could any thinking person not believe this information is unbiased and true.

Obviously thinking people aren't.
It's the Blasy-Ford Kavanaugh fiasco
all over again. Last minute hearsay
BS. And like Dershowitz
eloquently pointed out, it's
not a crime, let alone an
impeachable one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 28th, 2020 at 4:36:45 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: fleaswatter
There were 4 articles of impeachment which Pickering was found guilty of. Only one of the articles, impeachment article 4, concerned "intoxication".
+100

Hahaha the libbie thought he could get away with spewing more nonsense! 😂😂
January 28th, 2020 at 4:37:59 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I expect more from you.....
I don't lol 🤣🤣🤣

Quote: SOOPOO
All you have is a quip when you have nothing substantive.
Yep, I don't think he's ever had anything substantive. And the funny thing is that his "quips" ain't even funny. I think he's the only one laughing at them. I can even picture him sitting at his computer laughing like a hyena at his own "jokes" LOL!

Quote: RonC
How many times have we tried to have reasonable conversations with unreasonable people. You have given logical arguments about how you feel about the case; you get back nothing of substance.

They say very little critical of ANYTHING on their side.
Like I've said a thousand times before, this is why it's useless trying to reason with libbies. If you make a valid argument, they'll just ignore it and pretend like you didn't even say it! 🙄

Quote: petroglyph
Save your embarrassment for yourself.
Hahaha you guys are doing a great job kicking some libbie ass! 😂😂
January 28th, 2020 at 5:42:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Well there’s the understatement of the millennium!

I’ve been waiting for y’all to try to pretend that JOHN BOLTON is some secret leftist hellbent on causing the GOP pain. Kenarman seems to be flirting with that insane argument. But let’s be real - he’s the quintessential right winger.

——

Oh yeah, <<snipped>> all the stuff about process because IDGAF.

Wow, the knives are out for Bolton. The Trump cult continues. I'm amazed. I might have followed Jerry Garcia around the country but I never hesitated to criticize Jerry.

Lou Dobbs: “John Bolton himself has been reduced to a tool for the radical Dims and the Deep State"

Tucker Carlson
“Republicans in Washington tonight seem shocked to discover that John Bolton has turned and betrayed his former boss, President Trump. But they shouldn’t be shocked. That’s who John Bolton is. That’s who John Bolton has always been. That’s what John Bolton does,”

Sean Hannity "Now they’re acting like this is a big bombshell, Bolton’s book. Okay. The problem is, it’s a New York Times story. How often did this New York Times get things wrong?"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2020 at 7:06:05 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Wow, the knives are out for Bolton. The Trump cult continues. I'm amazed. I might have followed Jerry Garcia around the country but I never hesitated to criticize Jerry.

Lou Dobbs: “John Bolton himself has been reduced to a tool for the radical Dims and the Deep State"

Tucker Carlson
“Republicans in Washington tonight seem shocked to discover that John Bolton has turned and betrayed his former boss, President Trump. But they shouldn’t be shocked. That’s who John Bolton is. That’s who John Bolton has always been. That’s what John Bolton does,”

Sean Hannity "Now they’re acting like this is a big bombshell, Bolton’s book. Okay. The problem is, it’s a New York Times story. How often did this New York Times get things wrong?"

Yeah, people on the other side never turn on someone. Only conservatives and/or Republicans ever do that, of course...

Bolton was someone who got on well with Trump. You don't get along with any President, you get let go. If you are appointed to a position in the administration, you serve at the pleasure of the person who appointed you.

I do think the Senate needs to ask for a copy of the manuscript since they have not seen it. Once they see it, they can call Bolton. The importance I see in seeing the manuscript is to verify the information leaked was correct and having it on the record before chatting with Bolton. Lots of leaks have not exactly played out exactly the way the came out in the press. Confirm it and then call him as a witness.

Nothing leaked leads me to conviction and removal from office. I know it does for a lot of you; the country is really divided on that issue.