The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 28th, 2020 at 7:52:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Nothing leaked leads me to conviction and removal from office. I know it does for a lot of you; the country is really divided on that issue.

Of course he won't be removed.

Everyone knows he's guilty of what he's been accused of. Even Fox News has pivoted to the "So what?" defense.

This is all about the Dems showing the country just how corrupt and irredeemable today's GOP is. They willfully ignore a blatant abuse of power if it means being able to steal an election.

Hopefully voters in Maine, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, NC, etc. will take note of just how despicable their GOP senators are in November.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 28th, 2020 at 8:33:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Of course he won't be removed.

Everyone knows he's guilty of what he's been accused of. Even Fox News has pivoted to the "So what?" defense.

This is all about the Dems showing the country just how corrupt and irredeemable today's GOP is. They willfully ignore a blatant abuse of power if it means being able to steal an election.

Hopefully voters in Maine, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, NC, etc. will take note of just how despicable their GOP senators are in November.

Do you really believe anything DJT has done in the 'I abused my power to pressure Ukraine into investigating a rival' has actually IN ANY WAY helped him "steal" the 2020 election?

Your last sentence is really the reason the Democrats are wasting tax dollars and putting on this show..... to try and influence the next election and change the makeup of the Senate. I think it would be objectively called 'abuse of power', actually.

I can't wait to read my great post again when Shrek quotes me!

How about this for a prediction......
If Republicans allow witnesses, they keep the Senate in 2020. If they don't, they lose the Senate. You read it here first.
January 28th, 2020 at 9:22:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Do you really believe anything DJT has done in the 'I abused my power to pressure Ukraine into investigating a rival' has actually IN ANY WAY helped him "steal" the 2020 election?

Um, obviously.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 28th, 2020 at 9:35:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Have seen speculation Trump’s tweet directly addressing Bolton’s claim may have nullified his executive privilege on that point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2020 at 9:36:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Um, obviously.

Totally agree
Moscow Mitch has killed any bill trying to make our elections more secure.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2020 at 9:44:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Totally agree
Moscow Mitch has killed any bill trying to make our elections more secure.

Were any of those bipartisan bills supported by 75% or more of each party? Or are you talking about that pile of garbage bills NP and her crew passed with little or no support from anyone in the GOP?
January 28th, 2020 at 10:16:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rxwine
Have seen speculation Trump’s tweet directly addressing Bolton’s claim may have nullified his executive privilege on that point.

This reminds me how easily Trump is goaded into defending or bragging about something. It's easy to guess he's revealed information to other leaders and enemies he should have kept secret.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2020 at 12:24:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
At an event in Sarasota, Fla., on Monday, former White House chief of staff John Kelly said he believes the accounts detailed in former national security adviser John Bolton’s memoir.

“If John Bolton says that in the book, I believe John Bolton,” Kelly said at the event, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. “Every single time I was with him ... he always gave the president the unvarnished truth” he said.

“So, I think if there are people that could contribute to this, either innocence or guilt ... I think they should be heard,” Kelly said at the Florida event. “I think some of the conversations seem to me to be very inappropriate, but I wasn’t there. But there are people that were there that ought to be heard from” the former military general continued.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/480286-john-kelly-i-believe-john-bolton
January 28th, 2020 at 12:31:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/480286-john-kelly-i-believe-john-bolton

The ENTIRE planet believes John Bolton over lying Donald Trump. That's why republicans are freaking out over this
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 28th, 2020 at 12:43:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Fox News is reporting a quinnipiac poll just completed, that says 75% of the public wants witnesses.