The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 28th, 2020 at 12:54:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The way I look at it, if Hunter Biden can say things so bad it destroys his father's candidacy, what can I say about that, except if it's that bad then so be it.

While I think it still isn't relevant to the Trump accusations and a distraction.

But I also believe they will investigate Bidens to the end of time anyway, as long as Joe is running. So, you can't really avoid it just by keeping him out.

You can of course argue it will help Trump. I don't know. I'd just as soon hear everything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2020 at 1:03:21 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO

How about this for a prediction......
If Republicans allow witnesses, they keep the Senate in 2020. If they don't, they lose the Senate. You read it here first.

If Republicans were smart about this and thinking about a long-term future, they'd dump Trump. He is THE one issue that gets people to the polls, that gets people fired up, on both sides. Since the only elections Republicans win is when less people vote (it's not something to be particularly proud of), I don't see how a high turn out election favors them. The Democrats secured the biggest midterm win in United States history because of Trump.

Get rid of him and you will depress the vote on the left. Stand with him and you will fire up the opposition. That's not good for Republicans.
January 28th, 2020 at 1:06:58 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
But I also believe they will investigate Bidens to the end of time anyway, as long as Joe is running. So, you can't really avoid it just by keeping him out.

As long as Joe is running, that's the stickler. Hunter started at Bursiam in April of 2015 and Joe made the video appearance in January of 2018. Republicans in Congress had 5 years to be concerned about this and Trump had close to two years to push for investigations. Neither of them did until Joe announced.

Pretty damn obvious what the motives are.
January 28th, 2020 at 1:53:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One thing noticeably missing from this thread lately are the breathless posts from righties like EB or fleaswatter claiming that Donny's lawyers destroyed the Dems' arguments.

Because they didn't.

They gave a laughably awful performance over their three days (I only saw the highlights and the commentary afterwards - but even Fox News didn't seem too excited about their performance, and now Fox has pivoted to the "So what if he did it?!" defense).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 28th, 2020 at 3:27:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288

Because they didn't.

Wow. I wanna see the TV you're
watching. LOLOLOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 28th, 2020 at 4:32:36 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Yawn Yawn Yawn

Much to ams’s apparent disappointment, I purposely have not commented on this week’s testimony. No need to. The President’s team completely destroyed the dem’s case in 2 hours Saturday. This week’s testimony was just “icing on the cake”.

Realistically, the testimony on both sides was pretty much useless because it has already been overwhelmingly predicted prior to the “trial”, that President Trump will be acquitted. Also, I have little doubt that the vast majority of the “impartial” jurors (senators) have already made up their minds and nothing said would change it. Most will vote in a manner which is the most politically expedient. I can see the senate leaders of both parties “allowing” certain members of their party to vote opposite of their leader’s position for political purposes. Such as Schumer telling Senator Manchin that he would have no problem with him voting to acquit.

As for “witnesses”, go ahead and call them, call 2, 4, 10 of them. The more the merrier. Stretch out the senate trial for weeks, maybe months. Keep the senators running for president off the campaign trail at a very important time.

Also, there is no need nor desire for me to “debate” opposing positions of members here, because in the past, it has proved fruitless. I am not going to change your minds and it is very unlikely that you will change mine.

What I do know is that Donald J. Trump is your president today, he will be your president tomorrow, he will be your president next week, he will be your president next month, he will be your president in six months and will bet (you have 24 hours to take that bet) that he will be your president next year.

P.S. This post is not a reply the the above post from EB
Let's go Brandon
January 28th, 2020 at 4:37:29 PM permalink
rxwine
I might be wrong, but I suspect the trial is suspended during any extended wait for a court ruling.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2020 at 6:36:38 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
During lying pencil neck adam schiffs’ “impeachment inquiry” in the house of representatives, ICIG Atkisnon provided testimony. Despite being repeatedly asked by the republican impeachment managers, lying pencil neck adam schiff has refused to publicly release this testimony and has not provided this testimony/document/evidence to the President’s impeachment defense team.

By using the democrats impeachment standards, shouldn’t lying pencil neck adam schiff be removed from Congress for “obstruction of congress” (justice)??
Let's go Brandon
January 28th, 2020 at 11:41:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Speaking of liars, I believe we have conflicting statements between Mulvaney, Pompeo, and Bolton.

That means we have potential perjury charges unless someone tells a different tale under oath.

That's exactly what I'm writing my Senator about why we need 1st hand testimony.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark …“ (Act-I, Scene-IV).
January 29th, 2020 at 12:10:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

That's exactly what I'm writing my Senator about why we need 1st hand testimony.

I think they should allow witnesses.
It won't hurt Trump, only help
him. And it will drag the trial on
for another 8-10 weeks and keep
the Senators from campaigning
for president. And it will damage
the crap out that crook Biden
and his crime family.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.