The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 27th, 2020 at 6:20:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
To not allow John Bolton to testify would be a grave mistake by the Republicans. You can argue that his interpretation and the presidents interpretation of the same events are different. You can argue that he is just at this very moment having This stuff leaked in order to sell more books. But it is, to me, impossible to argue that his testimony isn’t relevant. You can argue it isn’t credible, but that is another story.

The House Democrats have met the burden of presenting enough evidence to impeach the president, as all they really needed to do was have all the Democrats vote to impeach. They clearly, until now, have not met the burden to convict him in the Senate, as they have not convinced a single (edit..Republican)senator that he is guilty. I see nothing wrong with them being allowed to call witnesses, as long as they appear to be relevant. There were a whole bunch of witnesses in the impeachment inquiry that were just there for fluff.

That all being said, unless Bolton says Trump specifically said that he is requesting this investigation solely to hurt the Democrats chances of beating him in the 2020 election, I don’t think it will add much, and I don’t think any of the Republicans will vote to convict
January 27th, 2020 at 7:19:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
They’re scrambling.

GOP Senators cancel press conference scheduled for this morning:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 27th, 2020 at 8:19:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I think Bolton's manuscript needs to be entered into the record since it is the source of this new information. Then he should be deposed privately (perhaps even letting both sides take his testimony!) and then possibly called as a witness based on the deposition.

I don't think that he should benefit personally from having this leak out at a time that would help him sell more books.
January 27th, 2020 at 8:50:49 AM permalink
RonC
One other option Bolton has...he could just do an interview with any available news reporters and put himself on the record. He would just have to avoid any classified information.
January 27th, 2020 at 9:56:11 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
What amazes me is that you all (libs) think what Trump did is SO BAD, yet you don't think you can convince a few thousand Ohioans, Michiganders, Pennsylvanians, Wisconsonians to change from Trump to which ever nominee you put up? Really?

The Democrats just won the biggest mid term victory in United States history. We can convince folks in those states to vote Trump out.

But just because you're celebrating some folks being derelict of duty doesn't mean we all have to celebrate it.
January 27th, 2020 at 10:12:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
One other option Bolton has...he could just do an interview with any available news reporters and put himself on the record. He would just have to avoid any classified information.

Nope. He needs to be under oath. And needs to answer questions from both sides. Not just Rachel Maddow.
January 27th, 2020 at 11:28:25 AM permalink
ams288
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I lasted about 20 minutes before I had to turn the channel today. This history lesson is not going to change any minds. Donny is a TV man, he’s gotta be pissed that borefest is how they’re defending him today.
January 27th, 2020 at 12:58:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I lasted about 20 minutes before I had to turn the channel today. This history lesson is not going to change any minds. Donny is a TV man, he’s gotta be pissed that borefest is how they’re defending him today.

Should have gotten the ShamWow guy. He already knows how to sell a sham.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 27th, 2020 at 2:06:10 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Should have gotten the ShamWow guy. He already knows how to sell a sham.

Not nearly as well as the one Schiff, Nadler and the rest of the gang are trying to sell!
January 27th, 2020 at 2:07:42 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Not nearly as well as the one Schiff, Nadler and the rest of the gang are trying to sell!

I guess you could add Bolton to that list now? lol