The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 26th, 2020 at 5:33:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
Oh Oh don't look now but Trump's approval rating is rising during all this terrible dirt the Dems are proving in court. The public is just getting tired of the constant lies by the Dems. I guess it likely too late for them to get it and actually fight a political campaign on the real issues.

They know they lose, except for their base. Their issues can't beat the boor. The narcissist. The liar. The racist. The misogynist. Seriously.... think HOW PATHETIC the Democrats must be on THE ISSUES?!?!????

That's really been my point all along. The Democrats want to reward failure. The Republicans want to reward success. The Democrats want to prop up sloth. The Republicans want to commend hard work. The Democrats want the government to own the people. The Republicans want the people to own the government. The Democrats are always in a race to give away other people's money.
Get a reasonable gal like Klobuchar, or guy like Biden. Then you can at least compete with Trump on the issues. And beat him on the personal issues. But don't nominate giveaway WARREN or Sanders..... please!
January 26th, 2020 at 5:48:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
They know they lose, except for their base. Their issues can't beat the boor. The narcissist. The liar. The racist. The misogynist. Seriously.... think HOW PATHETIC the Democrats must be on THE ISSUES?!?!????

That's really been my point all along. The Democrats want to reward failure. The Republicans want to reward success. The Democrats want to prop up sloth. The Republicans want to commend hard work. The Democrats want the government to own the people. The Republicans want the people to own the government. The Democrats are always in a race to give away other people's money.
Get a reasonable gal like Klobuchar, or guy like Biden. Then you can at least compete with Trump on the issues. And beat him on the personal issues. But don't nominate giveaway WARREN or Sanders..... please!

Next time don't elect a criminal clown in the first place, and you won't have to decide between the job he's doing which you seem to like and him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 26th, 2020 at 5:57:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

I can’t help but keep fantasizing about the scenario where the GOP is successful in dirtying up the Bidens enough that Joe isn’t the nominee, and instead we nominate Bernie and he becomes President.

That would be sweet revenge...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 26th, 2020 at 6:07:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I can’t help but keep fantasizing about the scenario where the GOP is successful in dirtying up the Bidens enough that Joe isn’t the nominee, and instead we nominate Bernie and he becomes President.

That would be sweet revenge...

I've thought something like that too, without 'the sweet revenge' part. The creepy Joe video montage and the Burisma smear has hurt him I'm sure. If there has to be a Democrat president I could tolerate Biden. I don't leave the country, and as a retired guy I likely do better with a give it away Democrat, but I'll be very sad for the country if we get a President Sanders
January 26th, 2020 at 7:08:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You are acting like a book by a liar is something different than the weeks of BS that is already been discarded by any thinking person. But don't worry independent thought is a tough thing to do, you can stay in the bubble you are in.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 26th, 2020 at 8:38:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You are acting like a book by a liar is something different than the weeks of BS that is already been discarded by any thinking person. But don't worry independent thought is a tough thing to do, you can stay in the bubble you are in.

I think Bolton's got a pretty good reputation among conservatives. Maybe they will savage him -- we'll see. He's generally considered hard right by the left.

The only reputation I know of him is being a tough guy. About as anti-liberal as they get.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 27th, 2020 at 2:13:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, it was so amazing, not a single news headline from any of those channels today reporting such a thing.

So in your subjective reality, it
never happened. Just carry on
as usual.. snicker.. I could post
a link, but this is more fun..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2020 at 4:43:22 AM permalink
ams288

A weaker deflection than I could ever have imagined... is this the best you can do?

I see our other righties are mum on the subject. They won't know what to say until they can mimic Rush later today!
January 27th, 2020 at 4:59:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
UH OH.

Breaking at The NY Times:

Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, Bolton Book Says

I CANNOT WAIT to sit back and watch the righties try to spin this.

Gonna be fun!!!!!

Who knows how those dang righties will spin it. It is amazing to me how many stories just seemingly drop at the exact moment they will sell the most books or get the storyteller the most publicity. Of course, we can't actually see the book at this point...

I am pretty certain that tying the aid to Biden being investigated will not be the straw that broke the camel's back--if the main purpose is presumed to be making sure other countries are not corrupt before giving them money, there is plenty of ground to stand on. Yes, the act may also have a personal gain been how many political acts don't have one?

The other thing is that a few witnesses tried to tie the two together but it ended up being their presumption about what happened, not actual facts.

Perhaps the outcome will be witnesses.
January 27th, 2020 at 5:40:42 AM permalink
ams288