The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 25th, 2020 at 11:41:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter
T
WOW, what is this world coming to when a CNN pundit admits that it only took the republicans 2 HOURS to destroy the dems.

People who actually listened to
and analyzed the 24 Schitt Show
say they could have presented
it in about 90 min. Any judge
would have stopped them
every time they repeated a
point, which was most of the
time. All 100 Senators were
bored to tears because they
all know Trump isn't going
anywhere and this is a waste
of time.

Interesting that the public
gallery was full today and
every day of the Schitt Show
it wasn't even half full. Nobody
wanted to see that bloviating
blowhard if they didn't have to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 25th, 2020 at 11:58:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
I know you have very odd foreign policy views and love to drink the ZeroHedge Kool-Aid, but if you truly believe that Dems would have no problems with Donny executing the President of Ukraine, I can’t help you. No one can...
That how you see yourself, caring and helpful? You don't give off that vibe.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 26th, 2020 at 5:32:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
I expect more from you..... Get a dozen Congressmen and at least a few Senators and I'd give you the bipartisan label.

All you have is a quip when you have nothing substantive.

How many times have we tried to have reasonable conversations with unreasonable people. You have given logical arguments about how you feel about the case; you get back nothing of substance. The people that are like that are the ones most likely to call someone a "Trumper" in spite of that person having noted many flaws that he has.

They say very little critical of ANYTHING on their side. Pretty much why I stay away from here for long periods of time...it can be fun, but there is no real debate in the end.
January 26th, 2020 at 5:49:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
How many times have we tried to have reasonable conversations with unreasonable people. You have given logical arguments about how you feel about the case; you get back nothing of substance. The people that are like that are the ones most likely to call someone a "Trumper" in spite of that person having noted many flaws that he has.

They say very little critical of ANYTHING on their side. Pretty much why I stay away from here for long periods of time...it can be fun, but there is no real debate in the end.

I stay because it is safer to have political discussions with 'strangers on the internet' than those close to you. Actually, today, my wife (BIG Biden fan!) is about to go to brunch with her best friend, who would take the term 'Trumper' as the highest compliment. Then later we will be seeing my younger son, who is so anti-Trump he can easily be diagnosed with TDS. So if I jab with ams and terapined on that side, and Shrek and EB on the other side, if I get frustrated I can just turn it off. But I do learn a lot from them, even if it is not factual, but just how others can misinterpret certain things. Sometimes, it shows me a different way I need to look at an issue.

Of course there is no defense for Pelosi's statement about impeachment needing to be bipartisan, other than to say she does not actually believe it and said it for political reasons. If she were Trump, they would just call it a lie. So ams, since there is no rational way to argue other than to call Pelosi a liar, or call Pelosi out of touch with reality for thinking the Republicans would join her, which he doesn't want to do, .... he just makes an inane comment about Amash. I think he uses the phrase 'deflection' a lot. And this was a classic example of it.
January 26th, 2020 at 6:02:27 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Not that it matters.... but I'll bet if he found out the son of (name politician here) was involved in Ukrainian corruption he might want that guy investigated too. How can you not see that this is NOT enough to impeach a President? I guess I mean convince ONE Republican Senator or ONE Republican Congressman to vote guilty. O N E!!!!!

Remember Pelosi.... Impeachment MUST be bipartisan

There are a few hypotheticals there.

I think he abused the power of his office to attempt to extort a foreign government to investigate a political rival for personal gain. I think that is impeachable, and if all of those things can be proved, he should be removed from office for it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 26th, 2020 at 7:30:51 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
There are a few hypotheticals there.

I think he abused the power of his office to attempt to extort a foreign government to investigate a political rival for personal gain. I think that is impeachable, and if all of those things can be proved, he should be removed from office for it.

If he was caught on tape saying this, would you think he should be ousted?

"This is great for me! We found out that Biden was using his influence as VP to get his son the millions! Now he is cooked!"

I think that as long as their is a US interest, and exposing a VP using his influence to get millions for his family to me is a BIG DEAL, then the fact that it can help the Pres personally is ok. I've said it before. IF anyone can show he was trying to plant FALSE information about Joe then that is another story.
January 26th, 2020 at 8:17:14 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I stay because it is safer to have political discussions with 'strangers on the internet' than those close to you. Actually, today, my wife (BIG Biden fan!) is about to go to brunch with her best friend, who would take the term 'Trumper' as the highest compliment. Then later we will be seeing my younger son, who is so anti-Trump he can easily be diagnosed with TDS. So if I jab with ams and terapined on that side, and Shrek and EB on the other side, if I get frustrated I can just turn it off. But I do learn a lot from them, even if it is not factual, but just how others can misinterpret certain things. Sometimes, it shows me a different way I need to look at an issue.

Of course there is no defense for Pelosi's statement about impeachment needing to be bipartisan, other than to say she does not actually believe it and said it for political reasons. If she were Trump, they would just call it a lie. So ams, since there is no rational way to argue other than to call Pelosi a liar, or call Pelosi out of touch with reality for thinking the Republicans would join her, which he doesn't want to do, .... he just makes an inane comment about Amash. I think he uses the phrase 'deflection' a lot. And this was a classic example of it.

I stay away from most discussions in "real life" and on "social media" by simply listening and finding if some that starts a conversation about politics is actually interested in a discussion or is just going to preach about their position. The morons who think their side is perfect are just plain blind in one eye, can't see out of the other, and they are totally ignorant of facts, the main one being that most politicians are more interested in staying in office than in doing "big" things that are necessary and should be bi-partisan for the good of the people who pay their salaries. The longer they have been there, the more they want to stay.

The ones who are actually interested in a discussing are totally worth the back and forth because they can do it without being insulting of someone who disagrees with them.
January 26th, 2020 at 10:41:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I think that as long as their is a US interest, and exposing a VP using his influence to get millions for his family to me is a BIG DEAL, then the fact that it can help the Pres personally is ok. .

So you’re for Trump helping himself personally, but not for Biden. And you think it is no big deal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 26th, 2020 at 12:12:33 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
So you’re for Trump helping himself personally, but not for Biden. And you think it is no big deal.

So using your logic Churchill should have left Hitler alone since fighting him helped Churchill politically in England. TDS logic at it's finest.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 26th, 2020 at 2:17:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Oh oh. Oh dear. Oh my. Even Trump's most loyal are questioning Trump & his lawyer Goofyani

Quote:

Fox News Host Judge Jeanine Pirro Confronts Giuliani to Reveal 'Evidence' of Biden's Alleged 'Corruption'

Although Pirro has been one of Trump's staunchest defenders, regularly attacking Democrats and dismissing their criticism of the president, the controversial opinion show host appeared on Saturday evening to question whether Giuliani actually had the evidence he has claimed to have. In response, Giuliani insisted he'd already revealed what he knew of Biden's alleged "corruption."

"Joe Biden has been a big crook for most of his career," Giuliani claimed during an interview on Justice with Judge Jeanine. "Every time Biden was a point man, you know what happened? The Biden family made millions and America got sold out."

Cutting him off, Pirro said: "Ok, and we need to have the evidence. Do you have the evidence of that?" she asked.
"I've got the evidence. I've been showing them the evidence for months," Giuliani insisted.

But Pirro seemed skeptical, asking: "Can we see the evidence Rudy, can we see it?"

Giuliani again insisted that he'd already revealed the "evidence," saying he'd put it out there "in April" and also "in March." He claimed it was "ignored." The lawyer said it had even been played on Fox News, but Pirro seemed to disagree.

Again, Pirro cut off Trump's lawyer: "Alright, you know what Rudy, I'd love you to send it to me and I'm gonna lay out."

Giuliani then tried to promote coverage of the alleged Biden conspiracy by the far-right One America News Network (OANN). Pirro, with a laugh, interjected again.

"No, send it to me," she said, as Giuliani continued to promote a podcast he will do with OANN about the allegations.

Giuliani's and Trump's primary piece of "evidence," which they claim points to Biden's corruption is a video of the current Democratic presidential candidate talking about how he convinced the Ukrainian government to fire former prosecutor general Viktor Shokin. While Trump and his supporters have argued that this was to benefit the business dealings of Biden's son Hunter, who sat on the board of Burisma holdings, the facts tell a different story.

Shokin was widely seen – by the U.S. government, European leaders and anti-corruption groups in Ukraine – to be obstructing numerous corruption investigations in Ukraine. In fact, some analysts have suggested that Shokin's removal actually made it more likely that investigations into alleged corruption at Burisma would move forward, not less likely as Giuliani and Trump have claimed.

Ethics experts have noted that the optics of Biden's son serving on the board of a prominent Ukrainian company while his father was former President Barack

Obama's point man on dealing with the country looked poor. However, there is no evidence that the former vice president's actions in Ukraine veered from official U.S. government policy toward the country to benefit his family.

Giuliani has repeatedly told reporters and television hosts that he has significant evidence laying out the Biden family's corruption. Despite those claims, he has primarily just revealed claims by Shokin, who was widely viewed as corrupt himself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-host-jeanine-pirro-confronts-giuliani-to-reveal-evidence-of-bidens-alleged-corruption/ar-BBZllmg?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?