The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 22nd, 2019 at 12:12:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
A landslide for
Trump in Nov.

You've been forecasting a landslide forever, way before impeachment. So nothing has changed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2019 at 12:18:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Are they going to subpoena Nunes and Sean Hannity?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2019 at 1:32:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Are they going to subpoena Nunes and Sean Hannity?

Hannity says he hopes so, he has
a lot to say. The Repub leaders
say they can make a trial last
months and it will really screw
up all the Dem Senators running
for president because attendance
is mandatory for an impeachment
trial. The Dems have nothing to
gain and everything to lose. Bring
it on.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:22:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I've been watching almost all of the testimony (retired!) If you interview a Democrat you think he is convicted already. If you interview a Republican you think he is exonerated already.
Apparently they poll Americans. They asked their opinions on impeachment. The number who feel he should be impeached has dropped significantly AFTER they saw the "evidence"! And this was at the Democrat controlled and dominated House hearing.
Whatever you feel about the "we have to do the right thing by impeaching him" concept, even with zero chance of conviction, I believe this will have been a political mistake by the Democrats.
Democrats believe the phone call was bribery, extortion, personal gain, obstruction, etc....
Republicans believe he asked a favor to root out corruption.

The American people, the few that have not made up their mind before hearing the 'evidence', are saying the evidence is not enough to impeach.

I think Schiff is a great advocate for his side. He has totally strong armed the Republicans. I try not to judge someone by appearance, but his face scares me.
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:54:44 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
I've been watching almost all of the testimony

I was able to watch or listen to a vast majority of the testimony. My overall take is that, for the most part, the witnesses were a bunch of whiny "swamp critters" who seemed to fail to understand that their jobs were to carry out the foreign policy of the President.

Additionally, I was surprised with their lack of knowledge they had concerning Ukraine/Bidens and what Ukraine did with respect to Trump prior to the 2016 election.
Let's go Brandon
November 22nd, 2019 at 3:00:47 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
Additionally, I was surprised with their lack of knowledge they had concerning Ukraine/Bidens and what Ukraine did with respect to Trump prior to the 2016 election.

What exactly did Ukraine do in respect to Trump prior to the 2016 election? Please, enlighten us. What do you know that the "swamp critters" don't?
November 22nd, 2019 at 3:24:08 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: Tripdufan
What exactly did Ukraine do in respect to Trump prior to the 2016 election? Please, enlighten us. What do you know that the "swamp critters" don't?

google is your friend (but here is a start)

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
Let's go Brandon
November 22nd, 2019 at 3:40:56 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
google is your friend (but here is a start)

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Just so we're on the same page, Politico and the New York Times are now recognized as acceptable sources of news? They aren't fake?

We already knew all this and the summary of Vogel's reporting is that they were a few isolated incidents and not a government-orchestrated scheme, as was the case with Russia.

Another Politico article - https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/08/ukraine-interfere-elections-testimony-068095

"According to Giuliani, Ukrainian officials conspired with the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to help boost the Democratic nominee’s campaign and damage Trump’s candidacy. No evidence has emerged to support that idea."
November 22nd, 2019 at 3:58:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was able to watch or listen to a vast majority of the testimony. My overall take is that, for the most part, the witnesses were a bunch of whiny "swamp critters" who seemed to fail to understand that their jobs were to carry out the foreign policy of the President.

The guy who has his fake charity shut down is more believable than a bunch of citizens testifying under oath?

Trumpers = make any excuse to cover for Trump.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2019 at 4:36:13 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: Tripdufan
Just so we're on the same page, Politico and the New York Times are now recognized as acceptable sources of news? They aren't fake?

I will concede that on rare occasions they could be acceptable sources of news.

What really concerns me is not just what they print but what they DO NOT PRINT and how they slant their writing to support their narrative and left leaning bias. I have watched numerous witness testimonies. When I read, for example, what the NY Times wrote concerning the testimony I watched, it makes me wonder if we both watched the same testimony.
Let's go Brandon