The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 21st, 2019 at 1:39:36 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
This is Gym Jordan’s district. Now I understand why they can never vote his dumb ass out of there.

Awwww, sounds like someones "panties are in a knot" because Jim has done an outstanding job "kicking ass" during the impeachment hearings.
Let's go Brandon
November 21st, 2019 at 1:42:08 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
Awwww, sounds like someones "panties are in a knot" because Jim has done an outstanding job "kicking ass" during the impeachment hearings.

Do you support gerrymandering?
November 21st, 2019 at 1:47:59 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Let's go Brandon
November 21st, 2019 at 1:56:17 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

You do realize that Micheal Turner is arguing for the testimony of Bolton, Mulvaney, Pompeo, Pence, and Guiliani. I know he meant it as an attack on Hill, but he is inadvertently arguing for the testimony of people that were first hand witnesses to Trump's intent. Good. They should quit hiding and come forth with what they know, which really is what all know by now anyway; Trump used the power of the presidency for personal political gain.
November 21st, 2019 at 2:35:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Pure fantasy.

If you think Gym's hysterical hissy fits play well to anyone but far righties like you, you're mistaken.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 21st, 2019 at 2:36:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tripdufan

He appears support anything that gives the GOP more power, no matter how corrupt/unethical/illegal it may be. He is the definition of a "party over country" rightie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 21st, 2019 at 3:08:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yesterday at noon the Lib Media
was in utter ecstasy. They had
in Sondland a Howard Dean
testifying at Watergate. Then
it all fell apart and they spent
he rest of the trashing Sondland.

Montage:

GREG WALTERS: (background noise) There’s a problem with Gordon Sondland, which is that he’s kind of a ridiculous person.

LISA DESJARDINS: Democrats have a problem in that Gordon Sondland is remaining to testify that the president himself insisted, “No quid pro quo.”

ELIE HONIG: It’s complicated for Democrats because the Democrats’ argument now has to be believe him but not everything.

DOUG SCHOEN: You certainly can’t base an impeachment on anything he said because he talks out of all sides of his mouth.

CHUCK TODD: Here’s the downside for Democrats. He doesn’t have a lot of receipts.

GLORIA BORGER: He’s got a problem with his reputation.

ANNE MILGRAM: He is not a perfect witness at all.

DAVID AXELROD: He isn’t going to be the witness of the year. I mean, he is not a very credible guy in many ways.

FREDO CUOMO: This testimony today does not go with the first. He’s got a credibility problem.

SUSAN HENNESSEY: All of a sudden, the Democratic counsel was actually going out of his way to try and rehabilitate Sondland’s credibility.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2019 at 5:15:11 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Wizard 9-30-19
The betting odds suggest a 61% chance that Trump will be impeached before the end of his first term. I wonder how many people betting that think impeachment means removed from the presidency. I think he will be impeached but won't get 2/3 in the Senate for removal. In other words, the same thing that happened to Bill Clinton.

The odds of him leaving before his first term is over are 21.5%.

Time to update the odds, which have not moved much. Probability of Trump not completing first term are now 20.8%.

As long as I'm talking about betting odds, let's update the Democratic primary odds:

Warren -- 22.5%
Biden -- 22.5%
Pete Buttigieg (who?) -- 19.1%
Sanders -- 12.4%
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 22nd, 2019 at 11:08:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tripdufan

Of course trump supporters support gerrymandering

I play the logic game. Anybody that breaks the law, I throw under the bus regardless of politics. Logic
Trump supporters cannot throw anybody under the bus that breaks the law until they know the politics of the law breaker. Illogical
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2019 at 11:28:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Rush was saying even before the
Schitt Farce started that it didn't
matter what the outcome was,
the articles of impeachment
were already written and ready
to go, the hearings were just
a formality. They want the black
mark of impeachment on Trump's
record to make his base turn
against him.

But the reverse is happening. His
numbers have jumped across
the board, he's even more popular
now. And we all want a trial in
he Senate, even Trump wants it.
They will subpeona everybody
that Schitt didn't and the truth
will come out. A landslide for
Trump in Nov.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.