The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 20th, 2019 at 1:00:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Not they said they will
subpoena Hunter Biden. Popcorn
time indeed.

Again, who is this “they” you are referring to? Devin Nunes talked about it this morning in his opening statement but he doesn’t have the power to do so.

Elections have consequences! Heh.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 20th, 2019 at 2:18:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
CBS Evening News,: Jonathan Turley, George Washington University law school professor:

TURLEY: I think Republicans did gain ground today. In fact, today was the first day where I felt they had made progress. What they did is, they tied together the August 31st call with Senator Johnson, who said that the president was adamant and angry and said there was no quid pro quo. And that was before the whistleblower thing came out. And they tied that, then, to September 9th, where he’s equally adamant and angry, according to Ambassador Sondland, and then two days later the aid is released. Those are actually hits below the water line for the Democrats.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2019 at 2:39:44 PM permalink
ams288
As Sondland testified, a misleading Ukraine story spread among conservatives on social media

Quote:
The incorrect story, first disseminated by the finance blog ZeroHedge, claimed that Mykola Zlochevsky, the head of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, had been indicted over money laundering related to the Biden family. Hunter Biden, son of former Vice President Joe Biden, was previously on Burisma’s board of directors.

In fact, there was no announcement of an indictment. Ukraine’s chief prosecutor, Ruslan Ryaboshapka, announced in October his office would conduct a wide-ranging review all previous cases involving Burisma, and today said he was including possible embezzlement in the investigation, according to Reuters.

Thought I’d do a public service and get this out here before one of our ZeroHedge-loving righties mistakenly links to their fake news article.
November 20th, 2019 at 2:48:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
As Sondland testified, a misleading Ukraine story spread among conservatives on social media

Thought I’d do a public service and get this out here before one of our ZeroHedge-loving righties mistakenly links to their fake news article.

Petro directed me to zerohedge
Don't know why
Just filled with biased BS

If somebody does something wrong, I throw them under the bus regardless of politics
If Trump supporters hear about somebody doing something wrong, they need to know the politics of the offender before giving a pass or throwing under the bus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 20th, 2019 at 4:02:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288

I'm thrilled that Zero Hedge has attained the status that NBC feels threatened enough that they have to go after them publicly now when they make a simple error. Including tertiary repeats on twitter, that story reached over 3 million views.

I will wager that you did not even read the link you posted.

Apparently what triggered the response [and therefore mention by NBC] "Ukraine’s chief prosecutor, Ruslan Ryaboshapka, announced in October his office would conduct a wide-ranging review of all previous cases involving Burisma, and Wednesday said he was including possible embezzlement in the investigation, according to Reuters.

ZeroHedge apparently misconstrued the original Russian article from the Interfax-Ukraine News Agency, which did not mention an indictment."

We went to, and still are at war in several country's because of the lies told by mainstream media.

"The Hedge" mistook an investigation into a famously crooked oligarchs financial dealings with a famously corrupt energy company in a worldly recognized corrupt country as an indictment. bfd

But you know what's great about that? The Hedge posts these stories for the world to get information from. They were first out there with this news. Everything isn't about Trump, get over it. You don't read the Hedge, they are a great news site. Apparently you get your info from twitter.

I'm glad the Hedge is getting more worldwide recognition in a world where alternative news sites are being taken down because they aren't big enough to fend off the attacks from government sponsored NGO sites like the msm, or youtube or facebook. I hope they can continue to be acknowledged.

There are some great news sources that are getting bumped, not because of the quality of their reporting, but because sources like the NBC's feel threatened.

https://eluxemagazine.com/magazine/honest-news-sites/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 20th, 2019 at 9:18:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The entire farce SchittShow today can
be summed up in this video at 3:30 in.
Turner asks Sondland if anybody
on the planet told him that there
was a quid pro quo with Zelinsli.
No, says Sondham, I 'presumed'
it. Game over, move on, nothing
to see here. What a joke.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 20th, 2019 at 9:51:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
The entire farce SchittShow today can
be summed up in this video at 3:30 in.
Turner asks Sondland if anybody
on the planet told him that there
was a quid pro quo with Zelinsli.
No, says Sondham, I 'presumed'
it. Game over, move on, nothing
to see here. What a joke.

"What difference, at this point, does it make", said their queen.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 21st, 2019 at 3:28:39 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: petroglyph
"What difference, at this point, does it make", said their queen.

Aren’t you the guy who pretends he’s not a rightie?
November 21st, 2019 at 7:06:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This Holmes guy is burying Trump. It will be interesting to see how the Repubs respond. Holmes seems truthful and polished.
November 21st, 2019 at 9:31:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump gets more disgusting now calling the loyal opposition "human scum"
Trump could care less about loyal Americans. Loyalty is to the Country and the constitution, not a politician

Trump tweet
"Corrupt politician Adam Schiff’s lies are growing by the day. Keep fighting tough, Republicans, you are dealing with human scum who have taken Due Process and all of the Republican Party’s rights away from us during the most unfair hearings in American History...…"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"