The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 26th, 2019 at 6:06:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Still not sure why the righties think impeachment is backfiring.

I agree
I don't look at this as political
I would have demanded Impeachment regardless of political party if any President abused his power like Trump has done
I support all investigations regarding abuse of power
Damm straight Hillary should have been grilled by congress regarding Benghazi
The WH blocking their people from testifying is obstruction of justice
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 26th, 2019 at 7:47:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Still not sure why the righties think impeachment is backfiring.

I guess I'll explain it to you. Because of the impeachment sham, Trump is getting boatloads of donations to fight off the blatantly unfair Democrats and the 'process' they have used so far in the 'inquiry'.
I'll bet you in Florida, Ohio, Arizona, (name another battleground state) that the majority are AGAINST this impeachment sham.
So NY, Cali, (name another Dem state) I'd bet the yes impeach percentage is close to 70.

Just as Hilary lost despite a substantial popular vote victory, that is MEANINGLESS.

I believe a 'censure' is the way to go. It will irk DJT, and also does not permit him to mount a formal defense.

Can you imagine when the Republicans call JOE BIDEN to testify, and ask him..... How did your son get that multi million dollar board position?

Also, apparently the Dem Senators running will not be able to be on the campaign trail during a trial.

The impeachment inquiry has most assuredly backfired. There was the one "moderate Republican" (Hurd?) who is not running for re-election, who summed it up.
The Prez has done some bad things but it does not rise to the level of impeachment.

ams..... you quote that CNN poll.... if you believe it why do you worry about the next election?
November 26th, 2019 at 7:55:06 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
November 26th, 2019 at 9:22:43 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
I guess I'll explain it to you. Because of the impeachment sham, Trump is getting boatloads of donations to fight off the blatantly unfair Democrats and the 'process' they have used so far in the 'inquiry'.
I'll bet you in Florida, Ohio, Arizona, (name another battleground state) that the majority are AGAINST this impeachment sham.
So NY, Cali, (name another Dem state) I'd bet the yes impeach percentage is close to 70.

Just as Hilary lost despite a substantial popular vote victory, that is MEANINGLESS.

I believe a 'censure' is the way to go. It will irk DJT, and also does not permit him to mount a formal defense.

Can you imagine when the Republicans call JOE BIDEN to testify, and ask him..... How did your son get that multi million dollar board position?

Also, apparently the Dem Senators running will not be able to be on the campaign trail during a trial.

The impeachment inquiry has most assuredly backfired. There was the one "moderate Republican" (Hurd?) who is not running for re-election, who summed it up.
The Prez has done some bad things but it does not rise to the level of impeachment.

ams..... you quote that CNN poll.... if you believe it why do you worry about the next election?

If we're not impeaching a president for using bribery with tax payer funds for personal gain, I don't know wth we're impeaching presidents for. Geez.
November 26th, 2019 at 10:40:17 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: aceofspades
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-democrat-backs-down-from-impeachment-i-dont-see-the-value-of-kicking-him-out-of-office

Ridiculous. His whole presidency has been a "censure".
November 26th, 2019 at 10:46:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Tripdufan
If we're not impeaching a president for using bribery with tax payer funds for personal gain, I don't know wth we're impeaching presidents for. Geez.

I watched virtually all of the testimony. I'll say it again. The president can plausibly say..... I used the power of my office to put pressure on a foreign government to help nail a high ranking corrupt American. Remember, it is NOT EVEN alleged that he asked for any evidence to be made up! He just WANTED the evidence! So you can say it over and over that he used bribery, but that does NOT MAKE IT TRUE!!!!
If unearthing the machinations that resulted in Hunter getting the board position was made possible by the President twisting an arm, then GOOD! You keep focusing on how it is for the President's personal gain. If exposing high level American corruption ALSO happens to benefit the President, then, whoop de doo. If all this evidence is so clear, why not let the American people decide if they agree with you? You couldn't even convince the one moderate Republican Senator NOT running for re-election. Good luck in convincing Average Joe who sees Hunter being grafted more than Average Joe makes in a decade.
November 26th, 2019 at 10:51:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: aceofspades
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-democrat-backs-down-from-impeachment-i-dont-see-the-value-of-kicking-him-out-of-office

Very interesting! I was expecting her to be from a 50/50 Dem/Repub district, but that is not the case! So her only motive for selecting censure over impeachment is that it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
November 26th, 2019 at 11:01:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Uh Oh:

FiveThirtyEight: Support for impeachment topped out at 47.7% late October, it’s down to 41%, six points down over the last three weeks. YouGov is among the polls registering the decline, with independent support for impeachment dropping from 39% down to 35%. An Emerson College survey found an even more extreme flip among independents.

These are polls that do matter because
impeachment is poll driven. Nixon was
in the 20's poll wise when he resigned.
Clinton was more popular than ever
and was not impeached. I keep hearing
expert after expert say if the House
votes for impeachment, it will be
the greatest election year gift they
could give to Trump. Pelosi knew
this and said it for years, until she
took stupid pills a few months ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2019 at 11:01:13 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO
I watched virtually all of the testimony. I'll say it again. The president can plausibly say..... I used the power of my office to put pressure on a foreign government to help nail a high ranking corrupt American.

No, he can't "plausibly" say that because ALL his other actions don't jive with the "I just want to root out corruption" defense. No MLAT treaty coordination with DOJ and his budget CUTS the unit fighting corruption overseas! Then you have the whole notion of "I believe you are a corrupt nation. Can you conduct an ivnestigation for me into corruption?" lol....soooooooooo ridiculous

Why do people ignore context, facts, narrative, and timeline? Put it all together and it is CLEAR AS DAY what transpired here.
November 26th, 2019 at 11:19:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Washington Post Reporter Explains Why Dems Have 'Cold Feet' Over Impeachment

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/11/24/evan-a-washington-post-reporter-admits-dems-are-getting-cold-feet-over-impeachment-n2556990
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.