The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 21st, 2019 at 10:46:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Dear god the GOP is so stupid. They actually put up this sign.

They don’t realize it, but they’re saying Adam Schiff followed the House rules yesterday.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 21st, 2019 at 10:52:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Dear god the GOP is so stupid. They actually put up this sign.

They don’t realize it, but they’re saying Adam Schiff followed the House rules yesterday.

Seems he is following house rules. The problem is the majority just makes the rules. I hope they save the sign to give to Democrat Senators. They will be able to cross out Schiff and replace with McConnell.

Any bets on the number of times Booker and Harris whine about 'the unfair process' during the Senate trial?
November 21st, 2019 at 11:22:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

Any bets on the number of times Booker and Harris whine about 'the unfair process' during the Senate trial?

Probably not. It will be controlledl by Chief Justice John Roberts.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2019 at 11:25:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

I really doubt it
Senators are much more respectful of the rules and procedures then those in the house
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 21st, 2019 at 11:48:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Probably not. It will be controlled by Chief Justice John Roberts.

Interesting. I knew that he 'presided', but thought that the "Majority" (Republicans) get to set a bunch of rules, sort of like how the House Majority (Democrats) have set the rules there.

I don't follow the Supreme Court much, but I am happy a native of Buffalo will be presiding. For those who are more in the know, will he (Roberts) receive bipartisan support? Or will one side allege he is biased against them?
November 21st, 2019 at 12:44:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Who says the hearings are meaningless.

“In the pivotal swing state of Wisconsin, Donald Trump leads the top four Democratic presidential contenders by three to eight points. The significance is that the same poll released in October had Trump trailing all those candidates badly.”

Of course polls are meaningless
at this point, but a lot of Dems
are changing their underwear
over this. Polls were supposed
to plummet on Trump.Pelosi
actually warned them about
this. That it makes the person
even more popular.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2019 at 1:00:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is Gym Jordan’s district. Now I understand why they can never vote his dumb ass out of there.

I grew up in Maumee (top of the screenshot). Gym’s district is basically gerrymandered to only include farmland (and Lima, which is half white trash and half ghetto AF).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 21st, 2019 at 1:09:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Remember yesterday after the SchittShow news
conference at noon, and Ken Starr proclaimed
Trump was done and the Rep Senators should
march to the WH and tell Trump to resign, like
they did with Nixon?

Today he's denying that happened. He saying
what impeachable offence, I see nothing he
did that was wrong. You can't make this crap
up, folks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2019 at 1:21:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
This is Gym Jordan’s district. Now I understand why they can never vote his dumb ass out of there.

I grew up in Maumee (top of the screenshot). Gym’s district is basically gerrymandered to only include farmland (and Lima, which is half white trash and half ghetto AF).
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2019 at 1:34:26 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Politicians picking voters instead of voters picking politicians. Sounds about right in Trump's America.