2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 15th, 2020 at 7:59:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Of course not. You are all over stuff that Trump is accused of, like that old pee tape thing, but you can't even say it was wrong for someone to illegally leak information to the Post under the sorry excuse of "I don't really care."

That's some funny crap there!

Pee tape jokes aside, the right will attack anyone who exposes Donny’s corruption.

Just look how the right treated the whistleblower last summer. They did everything they could to demonize him and out his identity and he did everything in the proper manner and broke no laws.

So no, I’m not going to criticize someone for leaking to the Washington Post. The crazy righties will go after anyone who exposes bad behavior from this corrupt administration. And a “leaker” probably has more anonymity and protection than a whistleblower who follows the proper procedures.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2020 at 9:34:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
I can’t see what Donny’s pee tape has to do with this. It hasn’t “leaked” yet.

You realize there is no pee tape, right?
Sure you do..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 15th, 2020 at 9:42:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Pee tape jokes aside, the right will attack anyone who exposes Donny’s corruption.

Just look how the right treated the whistleblower last summer. They did everything they could to demonize him and out his identity and he did everything in the proper manner and broke no laws.

So no, I’m not going to criticize someone for leaking to the Washington Post. The crazy righties will go after anyone who exposes bad behavior from this corrupt administration. And a “leaker” probably has more anonymity and protection than a whistleblower who follows the proper procedures.

Got it. You are against illegal activity except when it does not fit your narrative.

“Nothing in the ICWPA expressly protects the anonymity of a complainant, or provides sanctions for someone who discloses it,” Stephen I. Vladeck, a professor at the University of Texas School of Law and an expert on national security law, previously told The Fact Checker. “I think the harder question is whether disclosing a whistleblower’s identity could run afoul of other statutes, such as the federal criminal laws barring efforts to intimidate witnesses.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/20/schiffs-claim-that-whistleblower-has-statutory-right-anonymity/
May 15th, 2020 at 10:44:20 AM permalink
ams288
Got it. You are against illegal activity except when it does not fit your narrative.

“Nothing in the ICWPA expressly protects the anonymity of a complainant, or provides sanctions for someone who discloses it,” Stephen I. Vladeck, a professor at the University of Texas School of Law and an expert on national security law, previously told The Fact Checker. “I think the harder question is whether disclosing a whistleblower’s identity could run afoul of other statutes, such as the federal criminal laws barring efforts to intimidate witnesses.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/20/schiffs-claim-that-whistleblower-has-statutory-right-anonymity/

You’re making my point for me. Why follow the proper procedure when the righties will argue that they have a right to out you and smear you for doing the right thing?

Might as well just leak to a legitimate news outlet. They’ll go to extreme lengths protect your identity.
May 15th, 2020 at 10:54:51 AM permalink
RonC
You’re making my point for me. Why follow the proper procedure when the righties will argue that they have a right to out you and smear you for doing the right thing?

Might as well just leak to a legitimate news outlet. They’ll go to extreme lengths protect your identity.

I'd say you've made my point for me--it is only a crime if a Republican does it.
May 15th, 2020 at 11:02:55 AM permalink
ams288
I'd say you've made my point for me--it is only a crime if a Republican does it.

I never said that.
May 15th, 2020 at 11:10:04 AM permalink
RonC
I never said that.

I gave you the opportunity to say it; you didn't bother to do so. You simply said it is okay to do something illegal if doing it legally may mean that your identity becomes known.

I was trying to get you to agree that illegal is illegal; you don't.

No point in further discussion of this point; you'll just take us all around in circles of word salad to try and justify your position.
May 15th, 2020 at 11:12:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I support ALL whistle blowers regardless of politics
Its very important to protect ALL whistle blowers to insure integrity
I would never ever out a whistleblower, that action really really disgusts me

Nobody on the left here has posted the name of a whistleblower
A member here on the right outed a whistleblower here on this website forum and the right wing here did not bat an eye
Pretty obvious the conservatives on this board approve of outing whistleblowers. Pretty disgusting if you ask me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 15th, 2020 at 11:15:25 AM permalink
ams288
I gave you the opportunity to say it; you didn't bother to do so. You simply said it is okay to do something illegal if doing it legally may mean that your identity becomes known.

I was trying to get you to agree that illegal is illegal; you don't.

No point in further discussion of this point; you'll just take us all around in circles of word salad to try and justify your position.

If you want to argue with me, argue with what I’ve said. Not some fictional version of me living in your head.
May 15th, 2020 at 11:20:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
And what job was that you were doing? What answer does he come up with? I am NOT seriously upset about this. I think this is something that probably happens WAY more frequently than we think. That politics and the national interest sometimes are too intertwined to easily sort things out. I think I already posted this thought, but this is just like the Trump impeachment. You know it is generally wrong, but not provable, and not reason to remove a sitting President, nor disqualify a candidate for the Presidency.
And, yes, with 8 days left in your term you should NOT be doing certain things that might have been appropriate with a year left.

Wanna make a bet? Let's say Trump loses the election. I'll bet you our esteemed anti-Trumpers here find a plethora of things they bitch about him doing in his last 8 days; more so than any other 8 days of his term?

Anything remotely relating to possible TRANSITION security issues should be looked at, up to the last hour. You shouldn't assume everyone yet knew everything there was to know today about all of it. It's not even close to hindsight is 20/20.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?