No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 26th, 2016 at 11:10:25 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
It's pretty obvious that Trump will crash and burn almost immediately. If his willful ignorance of the law doesn't get him impeached, his nepotism aims, gross conflicts of interest, or lawsuits and/or criminal prosecution against him will bring him down. There's also the very good possibility that he'll find out just how much work the job is and simply stop doing it.

Now, I don't think Pence would be any real improvement. He's a conservative fascist, and to a far greater extent than Trump is. So I'm not asking about this because I want it to happen. On the contrary! I want Trump's descent to be prolonged and painful, and for him to drag the Republican party down into the cesspool of history with him. Ideally, ten years from now, we'll view Republicanism the way we do, say, Scientology.

I would like to find out if anyone is offering odds on Trump completing his first (only) term. With the rabid faith that Trumpers here have in their tin god, I expect to be offered 500-1 or better. But we really should see if he even makes it to the inauguration. Or perhaps I should say, PAST the inauguration, given all the freedom-loving patriotic Second Amendment supporters out there.
November 26th, 2016 at 11:36:53 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
He could announce on Jan 22nd that he's invading Canada in order to force the government there to authorize a trump Tower project in Nova Scotia, and to bring home some auto plants there (what? you thought all US plants were stolen by Mexico in 1964??), and the GOP and his supporters would lap it up.

If he doesn't finish his term, it will be due to natural causes or bullets.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 26th, 2016 at 12:48:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
For all Trump's potential to ruin himself in office, you have to admit his loyal followers have simply ignored a lot already.

I think Trump will be taken down by an insider, or several insiders so disgusted with him they start leaking things like a sieve. Having people tell on him will drive him even crazier.

It's quite possible that's why he trying to keep family members in the loop. He needs a buffer between him and people who might end up eventually being more loyal to the country than Trump.

Even with his "I can say anything" persona, other people messing with his image in certain ways really ticks him off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2016 at 1:37:50 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Be careful advocating someones assassination. It might be considered hateful.
November 26th, 2016 at 1:53:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
He will win the second term with more votes than he got this time. Get your money down early while the odds are good.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 26th, 2016 at 2:45:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
It's pretty obvious that Trump will crash and burn almost immediately.

MKL is back:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2016 at 2:57:24 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
MKL is back:

I guess personal attacks are OK here. But gee, Bob, can't you be even the least bit original? Calling people "trolls" has been what pimply fourteen-year-old boys pounding away at their keyboards have done since the dawn of the internet. Surely someone with your immense life experience and wisdom can do better than a sexually frustrated adolescent.

I think you should start slow, though. Aim for 25% of the things you say being correct, and work your way up from there. I'm not suggesting you change your personality--it's far too late for that--but rather, that you establish a modest relationship with the truth. Be as right-wing as you want; tell us what a wonderful human being Trump is and how he will make your pathetic little life better; but at least TRY tell the truth 25% of the time. We'll all appreciate the effort, because we all know---

He's played you, Bob.
November 26th, 2016 at 2:58:28 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: kenarman
He will win the second term with more votes than he got this time. Get your money down early while the odds are good.

What odds are you offering on that parlay (winning, and with more votes to boot)? Or are you just bloviating?
November 26th, 2016 at 3:07:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I guess personal attacks are OK here.

But you claim you're not MKL, so he's
not here to attack.

This thread is:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2016 at 3:33:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
What odds are you offering on that parlay (winning, and with more votes to boot)? Or are you just bloviating?

How much you got?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 8111234>Last »