2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 14th, 2020 at 5:53:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

But how does Biden answer this question..... You had 8 days left in your term as Vice-President

What an absurd question. Its much ado about nothing. You are seriously upset about this?
He answers - I'm doing my job
Days left is meaningless.
If Pence had 8 days left and on the virus taskforce. I expect him to keep doing his job
I had 8 days left, I continue to do my job.
What do you do with 8 days left? Nothing?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2020 at 5:55:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
What an absurd question. Its much ado about nothing. You are seriously upset about this?
If Pence had 8 days left and on the virus taskforce. I expect him to keep doing his job

+1000
A ludicrous question.
Biden’s answer:

“I wanted to know what US official was having shady ass conversations with foreign entities. As VP I certainly had a right to know.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2020 at 5:12:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
+1000
A ludicrous question.
Biden’s answer:

“I wanted to know what US official was having shady ass conversations with foreign entities. As VP I certainly had a right to know.”

Why would the Vice President personally, or his office, need that info given that plenty of other officials were asking for the info at the same time? If someone suspected something nefarious, why didn't they gather the information and report it up the chain of command?

Maybe the sheer number of people asking for "unmasking" goes to show how little respect is given to the privacy from unwarranted intrusions by the government. I am not saying that there was no reason to look at a transcript of calls but, at the very least, there were way too many people involved in the process of any review.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:23:06 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
If someone suspected something nefarious, why didn't they gather the information and report it up the chain of command?

Because then they could be accused of “leaking” that information by the crazies on the right.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:52:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

And what job was that you were doing? What answer does he come up with? I am NOT seriously upset about this. I think this is something that probably happens WAY more frequently than we think. That politics and the national interest sometimes are too intertwined to easily sort things out. I think I already posted this thought, but this is just like the Trump impeachment. You know it is generally wrong, but not provable, and not reason to remove a sitting President, nor disqualify a candidate for the Presidency.
And, yes, with 8 days left in your term you should NOT be doing certain things that might have been appropriate with a year left.

Wanna make a bet? Let's say Trump loses the election. I'll bet you our esteemed anti-Trumpers here find a plethora of things they bitch about him doing in his last 8 days; more so than any other 8 days of his term?
May 15th, 2020 at 7:43:04 AM permalink
RonC
Because then they could be accused of “leaking” that information by the crazies on the right.

Well, it was leaked to the Washington Post.

That was an illegal act.

Will you say that you are against that illegal act, even if we never know the source?
May 15th, 2020 at 7:44:04 AM permalink
ams288
Will you say that you are against that illegal act, even if we never know the source?

Nah, I don’t really care.
May 15th, 2020 at 7:47:02 AM permalink
RonC
Nah, I don’t really care.

Of course not. You are all over stuff that Trump is accused of, like that old pee tape thing, but you can't even say it was wrong for someone to illegally leak information to the Post under the sorry excuse of "I don't really care."

That's some funny crap there!
May 15th, 2020 at 7:51:45 AM permalink
ams288
Of course not. You are all over stuff that Trump is accused of, like that old pee tape thing, but you can't even say it was wrong for someone to illegally leak information to the Post under the sorry excuse of "I don't really care."

That's some funny crap there!

I can’t see what Donny’s pee tape has to do with this. It hasn’t “leaked” yet.
May 15th, 2020 at 7:54:45 AM permalink
RonC
I can’t see what Donny’s pee tape has to do with this. It hasn’t “leaked” yet.

So do you have a problem with all Senators profiting, or avoiding sharp losses, from selling stocks near the time they were briefed on the virus or just with the Republican ones? " Having a problem with it" does not mean that any are guilty of a crime yet, we're just talking about the look of it for now. Investigations will tell us more about who might have been bad actors, and those people should go...if proven.