2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 13th, 2020 at 7:12:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Let me know when it becomes a huge story.

I don't have the foggiest idea what EBB is talking about lol
Sounds like the local car dealer on TV I see "Come down and see us, our deals are HHHHUUUUGGGGEEEE"
"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2020 at 5:11:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Is that really why righties are frothing at the mouth over this today? They just want to find out who leaked to the Washington Post?

Really?

I find it interesting that people that a few months ago wanted to get to the bottom of everything now don't want to get to the bottom of anything.

The leak isn't "everything" they are looking for; we'll see what is found.

Democrats have been investigating and making allegations for years. Now it isn't okay for someone else to want investigations and make allegations of other things that may have happened.

Trump did not have the power to use a position in government to act against a political opponent. People then inside the government may have used that power against him. What if Trump is suspected of using his power against Biden? The left would rightly be concerned.

Don't worry about it being a big story. CNN and MSNBC are spending all their time on the virus. They don't have time to look into this in any realistic way.
May 14th, 2020 at 5:17:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
What if Trump is suspected of using his power against Biden? The left would rightly be concerned.

Uhhhhh.....

He already did that.

He got impeached over it.

The left was “rightly concerned,” but the right wasn’t (except Romney).

lolololol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 14th, 2020 at 5:27:52 AM permalink
terapined
I find it interesting that people that a few months ago wanted to get to the bottom of everything now don't want to get to the bottom of anything.

I want to get to the bottom of everything
Did the FBI break the law? If they did, put the people on trial and if determined guilty, lock them up
I don't trust the FBI. They must prove every case they make. I don't trust Flynn. He's a LIAR
The FBI did not break the law going after Flynn.
Flynn lied to the FBI. The height of stupidity. I testify to the FBI, I'm telling the truth, its a no brainer
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2020 at 5:31:37 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Uhhhhh.....

He already did that.

He got impeached over it.

The left was “rightly concerned,” but the right wasn’t (except Romney).

lolololol

The impeachment was a political farce, much like the Clinton impeachment. It was kind of like a pro wrestling match--the outcome was known in advance.

That idiot Schiff told us for years that he had proof of Russia-Trump collusion but has failed to produce it to this day. They concentrated on a phone call that even the person that was called said was not improper.

The House acts like a grand jury and sends the case to a jury trial in the Senate. Yes, the word "impeached" will always apply to him, but the upper body had .5 of a person actually who was not in line with his party vote to convict. That is the equivalent of a "Not Guilty" verdict in court.

The whole thing was political, not like a real court.
May 14th, 2020 at 5:38:25 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
I want to get to the bottom of everything
Did the FBI break the law? If they did, put the people on trial and if determined guilty, lock them up
I don't trust the FBI. They must prove every case they make. I don't trust Flynn. He's a LIAR
The FBI did not break the law going after Flynn.
Flynn lied to the FBI. The height of stupidity. I testify to the FBI, I'm telling the truth, its a no brainer

I have never said that we should trust Flynn at this point.. He should not ever be in government again. The FBI did violate their own policies in the Flynn investigation. Those policies are in place to protect the FBI and to afford the subject of an investigation the opportunity to have a fair investigation. The FBI has a policy of notifying the White House when they are investigating someone that works there.

I am not saying Flynn did not "lie" to the FBI. Lying the FBI may be wrong, but it isn't always a crime.

Anyway, you are the one person on the left here that really wants fair investigations of anything untoward.
May 14th, 2020 at 5:47:56 AM permalink
terapined
The FBI did violate their own policies in the Flynn investigation.

Policy is meaningless to me.
You find an FBI agent that broke the law and I am more then interested. I want an investigation and if that investigation determines the FBI agent broke the law, I want a trial.
I have never ever trusted any authority regardless if its the FBI, Trump or China.
May 14th, 2020 at 5:59:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The impeachment was a political farce, much like the Clinton impeachment. It was kind of like a pro wrestling match--the outcome was known in advance.

That idiot Schiff told us for years that he had proof of Russia-Trump collusion but has failed to produce it to this day. They concentrated on a phone call that even the person that was called said was not improper.

The House acts like a grand jury and sends the case to a jury trial in the Senate. Yes, the word "impeached" will always apply to him, but the upper body had .5 of a person actually who was not in line with his party vote to convict. That is the equivalent of a "Not Guilty" verdict in court.

The attempted abuse of power by Trump was pretty obvious on his attempt to get a foreign power to investigate. He couldn't even let his 3 main witnesses back up him up under oath. John Bolton later said the aid was tied to Ukraine, and didn't say the President wasn't guilty of abuse of power, just that the Democrats made the impeachment too partisan for enough Republicans to support it.

So, if you want to compare it to a mistrial fine. But Not-guilty, in your dreams only. Unfortunately that's where the process has to end because it can't continue on like a real court might.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2020 at 6:22:39 AM permalink
terapined

No kidding
Republicans gave Trump a pass
I would not have given any President a pass for what Trump did, tie aid to a foreign govt as long as they smear his political opponent
If Obama did the same thing, I would be demanding impeachment
May 14th, 2020 at 7:10:31 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
No kidding
Republicans gave Trump a pass
I would not have given any President a pass for what Trump did, tie aid to a foreign govt as long as they smear his political opponent
If Obama did the same thing, I would be demanding impeachment

Even some Democrats were not in agreement with the impeachment.

Let it go....it was a mistrial at worst, a not guilty verdict at best.

I'm glad, though, that you want everything investigated...you are unlike others here in that regard.