Pot Legalized

October 9th, 2014 at 4:44:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AcesAndEights
What was the name of this study? Where was it publisher? Where did you read it? Can you send a link?

It was in England, was on Drudge a few days
ago. Search his recent headlines.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2014 at 5:33:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: zippyboy
I see him for gout medicine. Gout...no doubt brought on by my lifestyle.

I assume you are located in North America.
If so, your first incident of gout took place at night, during March or April, involved one of your great toes, probably the left one, with the pain in the first metatarsophalangeal joint.

In what way do you think "your lifestyle" caused that particular onset? In what way did "your lifestyle" select night as opposed to day or Springtime as opposed to Fall? (and if you happen to be Australian, in what way did your lifestyle select Fall instead of Spring)?

Do you have a history of childhood animal bites?

Do you really think your gout pains are to crystals in the synovial fluid?

Have you ever been tested for P. multocida and particularly L-bodies for P. multocida?

In what way would ingestion of certain fungal metabolites affect the production of an inorganic crystal in the synovial fluid?
October 9th, 2014 at 5:48:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Big 20 year study out today that says not only is pot as bad awe thought, it's far far worse.
It's as addictive as drugs and alcohol, causes mental illness and a string of mental problems, on and on and on.
YES.
It also causes dandruff, bad breath, burned toast, traffic jams and Sunday drivers.

Such studies are the old Tobacco Studies in reverse.

Here is how it works, between Tobacco Lawyer and Executive.

TL: One of the characteristics determining if a substance is addictive is a physiological response to its withdrawal.

TL: I am now going to show you a brief film clip of a patient in a Lexington hospital having violent muscle spams that are strong enough at times to break the bones in his leg; this is where the term "kicking the habit" comes from.

TL: That patient is withdrawing from heroin, an addictive substance.

TL: Have you ever seen a person who recently gave up tobacco use have such a physiological reaction?

Exec: No, I have not.

TL: Have you now formed an opinion as to whether tobacco is addictive.

Exec: Yes I now have an opinion as to whether tobacco is addictive.

TL: What is your opinion?

Exec: Tobacco is not addictive.
October 9th, 2014 at 6:06:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
YES.
Quote:
It also causes dandruff, bad breath, burned toast, traffic jams and Sunday drivers.
But, it cures common colds, musty holes, and makes childbirth a pleasure.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 9th, 2014 at 11:34:22 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AcesAndEights
What was the name of this study? Where was it publisher? Where did you read it? Can you send a link?

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(14)70307-4/abstract - possibly.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 10th, 2014 at 12:09:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Fleastiff
I assume you are located in North America.
If so, your first incident of gout took place at night, during March or April, involved one of your great toes, probably the left one,

First gout attack 27 years ago. In answer to
your assertions, nope, nope and nope. In
Aug, in the afternoon, right toe. Have had
it completely under control with Allipurinol
for the last 15 years. They say gout is more
painful than childbirth, I know I thought I
was going to die in the first attack. I was
on crutches for a week. Even with the meds,
mushrooms or wine can bring it back.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 10th, 2014 at 12:26:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
You got me looking up the world's worst conditions (pain wise)

Trigenanal Neuralgia

Quote:
If you've heard of this nervous system disorder (and that's a big if), you've probably heard it described as the world's worst pain.

This condition affects a nerve that sends sensory information from your face to your brain, resulting in stabbing pain to the face. Patients always remember where they were and what they were doing the first time they’re afflicted with the excruciating pain, Basbaum said.

If patients aren't correctly diagnosed, they sometimes get their teeth pulled out, believing the pain is coming from their mouth.

Imagine getting your teeth pulled out, but the pain still doesn't go away. oops.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 10th, 2014 at 9:03:01 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
You got me looking up the world's worst conditions (pain wise)

I can't imagine anything worse than a migraine.

Just had one last night. Thanks all the gods it was minor. But some of the bad ones I've had are beyond the ability of imagination. I can vividly remember the worst. Side of the road, I-77, after blowing a tranny outside of Rock Hill, SC. No human language contains the words to describe it. Literally blind with pain, unable to have any cognitive thought. I would have traded my mortal soul for death, but had I had a gun, I would not have even had the wherewithal to operate it.

If some twisted angel gave me the choice of having that type of migraine, or giving myself a vasectomy with only a dull pair of toe nail clippers, my only desire would be for some lorazapam to give me a steady hand. It's not even a question.

If I had to endure every major injury I've ever had, all at the same time - every tear, every break, every dislocation, every puncture - combined they'd rate less than a "2" on the pain scale that includes migraine pain. Even electrocution to the point of unconsciousness feels like a nap in the July sun after a wholesome meal compared to a bad migraine.

And you're telling me there's something worse than that?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 10th, 2014 at 2:39:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Worst pain I ever had was when I was 17.
Winter, my first day working at a car wash,
on my feet for 12 hours. When I got home,
got a cramp in my thigh muscle as I got out
of the car that had
me on the ground unable to get up. The
pain was unreal. They say the worst part
in being crucified, which the Romans did
to over 100,000, is the leg cramps that
come from trying to hold yourself up.
October 10th, 2014 at 3:36:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Yeah the leg cramps up and without the use of your legs to hold you up you actually asphyxiate on the cross.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (