Pot Legalized

October 21st, 2014 at 1:27:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

I'm not sure I get it.

I didn't see anything "dangerous" in that link. Just seems they want to differentiate pot vs wholesome so kids don't get into it.

As far as OD'ing, I think we have a good thousand years+ of use without one reported case. Given a choice of one mystery pill or a whole tray of pot brownies, I know which one I'd not freak over my kid eating.

The "edibles" are dangerous in that people can and do OD on them from what I have read. If you smoke the stuff you would get sick before you could OD. However, if you concentrate it and eat it then it seems possible you could eat a does enough to cause issues before you got ill.
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2014 at 1:45:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Forbes says its easier to die from drinking to much water than smoking to much pot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/04/24/its-easier-to-die-from-drinking-too-much-water-than-smoking-too-much-pot/

So be careful going underneath the tap!

From personal experience, absolutely do not eat more mj edibles than recommended by a professional. It takes upwards of 45 minutes to a couple hours for the full effects to be realized. If you find yourself higher than you want to be, don't panic, you will start coming down with the affects mostly warn off after 4-5 hours. Know that to some degree the distributors do know what they are talking about.

If using it medically the indica's are supposed to "couch lock" you or help you sleep. Where as a good sativa will possibly help you get some stupid chore done, maybe two or three times but more interesting for sure.

Inquire first. My med professional said only eat one half rice crispy treat. I have it dialed in now to about 3/4 treat. Dosing can be a bit tricky, but usually the side effects of over dosing is lots of laughter. That is so much better medicine than narcotics it is just silly.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 21st, 2014 at 3:29:10 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Face
Quote: AZDuffman
First fracture in legal pot as Colorado thinks about banning edibles.

Now, we were told how safe the stuff is and that it was "impossible" to OD. Might not be the case. I am still of the "decriminalize, not legalize" camp where we just lower the charge for most possessions to a a summary-offense traffic ticket that doesn't go on your record. But to want to legalize on the basis of "harmless" or "alcohol is more dangerous" is ringing more and more hollow.

I'm not sure I get it.

I didn't see anything "dangerous" in that link. Just seems they want to differentiate pot vs wholesome so kids don't get into it.

As far as OD'ing, I think we have a good thousand years+ of use without one reported case. Given a choice of one mystery pill or a whole tray of pot brownies, I know which one I'd not freak over my kid eating.

I'm yet to see a case of ODing on pot in the papers. Acting like a daft idiot and doing something dangerous, yes. Feeling very ill after taking too much BC bud, yes. Being hospitalized due to being stoned unexpectedly, yes. The cure for the last two is time and rest. The first... well, if we are banning people for being a little reckless we'd never get anything done. Or any more stories from Face.

The case against pot, if any, will be long term affects to mental health.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 21st, 2014 at 4:37:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
As a long time user of Pot.
I smoke it.
I inhale vapor. Very tasty.
Eat, never. Stuff is disgusting to eat.
That's why brownies are used, it can overcome the crappy taste of pot to some people. I gag on pot brownies.

I've actually tried some interesting recipes concerning what's left over after running through a vaporizer because there is still some THC in the leftovers.
You are simply heating pot without burning to release the vapors and have unburned leftovers.
I've mixed leftovers with cooking oil, simmered the batch so the oils absorbs the THC and then run it trough a filter.
The dark oil I have used in making a batch of brownies.
Uggh, still got that disgusting pot taste, I threw out the whole batch of brownies.

Vapor is the way to go.
Smoking is ok.
Eating, disgusting. Its right up there with cilantro which I also cant stand the taste.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2014 at 2:09:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
As a long time user of Pot.
I smoke it.

That explains volumes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 22nd, 2014 at 5:03:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Helps me get by in life:-)
Therefore I can work hard on my job, pay my taxes and afford several trips to Vegas every year :-)
I am very steeped in reality, its just a stress reliever for after work :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2014 at 6:40:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Its not that there isn't things wrong with weed. There are, but put it in context. Opium poppy production went up 50% between 2012 &2013 with US marines defending the crops. Opium is the destroyer of worlds.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-22/76-billion-reasons-why-us-war-drugs-afghanistan-failed-1-chart#comments

Take at least a peek at the photo's. Our military defending heroin growing and I can't even grow a friggin plant. Along the same stupid governmental way of looking at things, we are dropping plane loads of arms to "terrorists" and .gov wants to take away my bullets? You know what I'm saying is true, how can my vote matter? As of this election if I can't just do it online than effit. Apologies me amigo's. You are going have to get the next one without me.

It will take civil disobedience to right this ship. I laughed hard when Hugo Chavez and Bush were having their tete- a- tete, the time when Chavez and Bush were at the UN and Hugo said he followed Bush and he claimed a "stench of sulfur" was in the air. Someone spilled the beans that the diebold machines that helped George get elected had been manufactured in Venezuela. You just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=203x31265
October 22nd, 2014 at 7:30:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote:
Terapined
Quote:
I inhale vapor. Very tasty.
That's what your brownies are suppose to taste like. I have to stop myself from eating more they are so good, I could probably eat 2 or 3, but I'm not trying to get stoned out of my gourd, playing mouth harp with my index finger and my lips. I need to figure out how to make them from scratch and use "Stevia" and not sugar.

Quote:
I've actually tried some interesting recipes concerning what's left over after running through a vaporizer because there is still some THC in the leftovers.
Thats like cooking cow turds and expecting it to taste like burger.

Clean product, organic olive oil, never let it boil, simmer a couple hours around 210 degrees, strain. Follow brownie recipe, it should barely have a hint of skunk like your first toke of bud. In an old fashioned percolater coffee pot it makes a very nice tea.
October 26th, 2014 at 3:39:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Is this just the revenue arm of justice keeping the price up?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/03/west-hollywood-medical-marijuana-raid.html

Were we not instructed that the feds weren't going to be raiding mmj state sanctioned facilities? These were said to be the best of the best in the business in the area. Paying plenty of taxes, following all the rules. Gotta keep the money flowing to the cartels, there is an election to be run, and we need to keep all the beds full in the "for profit prisons". Weed was cheaper when it wasn't legal, but another bureaucracy needed funding. Its a jobs program for the inept.

I'm kind of expecting them to say "those are the kings dear", they already own the water and air. We don't need no "stinking rights".
October 27th, 2014 at 7:21:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I get by with a little help from my friends.....and you can choose your friends.

What I wonder is why did marijuana use increase so much in the late fifties: Everyone is talkin' 'bout a new way of walkin'.