Pot Legalized

October 6th, 2014 at 8:08:25 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Possible, although speaking for myself there are times I will order a few things off the cheapo menu instead of one bigger sandwich for variety and I don't touch any kind of dope.

Okay, but....have you seen the ads? That was my question. Has anyone outside of Washington seen these ads before? Or did Jack in the Box make them exclusively for the Washington market? They started airing in July, when weed went legal. So I'm curious.
October 6th, 2014 at 8:54:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: zippyboy
Okay, but....have you seen the ads? That was my question. Has anyone outside of Washington seen these ads before? Or did Jack in the Box make them exclusively for the Washington market? They started airing in July, when weed went legal. So I'm curious.

I'm in Arizona and haven't seen anything like this. We do however record [on dvd] well over 90% of our viewing and ff the commercials.

I noticed on the box there was a logo for munchies.

Did you see the governor of Col. said it was a mistake, but so far they expect the state to collect way more than expected in sales tax's at 100 mil for 2014?

He also has been a beer manufacturer apparently and makes his money that way. Probably no conflict of interest there. [sarc]
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 6th, 2014 at 9:02:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Big 20 year study out today that says not
only is pot as bad awe thought, it's far
far worse. It's as addictive as drugs and
alcohol, causes mental illness and a string
of mental problems, on and on and on.

But nobody who smokes it cares, they're
under the influence of the drug. Duh.
Oh, and kicking it is harder than kicking
heroin for a lot of people. Isn't that nice.

Saw an interview thing with people in CO.
Seriously, if most of these people weren't
high all the time, what would they be doing.
They aren't exactly doctor and lawyer material.
At least staying high keeps them from the reality
that they're just a waste of space on the planet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 6th, 2014 at 9:43:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Big 20 year study out today that says not
only is pot as bad awe thought, it's far
far worse. It's as addictive as drugs and
alcohol, causes mental illness and a string
of mental problems, on and on and on.

But nobody who smokes it cares, they're
under the influence of the drug. Duh.
Oh, and kicking it is harder than kicking
heroin for a lot of people. Isn't that nice.

At least staying high keeps them from the reality
that they're just a waste of space on the planet.

That is a riot. How many years have we heard that there just wasn't enough data, enough studies, enough facts and all of a sudden there is the results of a twenty year study. haha

If you really believe kicking weed is as hard as kicking heroin, you haven't tried to kick heroin. just sayin
October 6th, 2014 at 9:51:28 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2

An interview thing? Are you stoned?

lol Not everyone IS doctor material. You're not doctor material. So what. World need ditch-diggers too. And if you are a ditch-digger, or lettuce-picker, or whatever, you probably need some leisure-time way to placate yourself against the demands of society telling you to do better. Society need ditch-diggers to stay ditch-diggers. Alcohol does that, pot does that, heroin does that, doesn't matter sometimes if you're a doctor or ditch-digger. We all do it.
October 7th, 2014 at 12:15:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
World need ditch-diggers too. .

All the career ditch diggers are flocking to
CO, homeless shelters have doubled their
nightly populations since pot was legalized
this year.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 7th, 2014 at 3:43:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

lol Not everyone IS doctor material. You're not doctor material. So what. World need ditch-diggers too. And if you are a ditch-digger, or lettuce-picker, or whatever, you probably need some leisure-time way to placate yourself against the demands of society telling you to do better. Society need ditch-diggers to stay ditch-diggers. Alcohol does that, pot does that, heroin does that, doesn't matter sometimes if you're a doctor or ditch-digger. We all do it.

An interesting way of putting it, meant as sarcasm but in reality it is true. There seems to be a number of lower-level jobs that users tend to flock to because they can do them, the hours better meet a users sleep schedule, and the employers don't heavily drug test. Food service and hospitality come to mind. Swing and night shift work. So potheads and other users keep those ranks filled but clear the way for those of us with more ambition to get better gigs.

My take is a minority of users get hooked because of physical pain, but most get hooked because they simply cannot deal with reality. Reality is that life is usually hard and boring. On TV it looks different. On Facebook it looks different. But life is mostly a work/eat/sleep/repeat routine. Junkies need an escape.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2014 at 10:27:55 PM permalink
petroglyph

An interesting way of putting it, meant as sarcasm but in reality it is true. There seems to be a number of lower-level jobs that users tend to flock to because they can do them, the hours better meet a users sleep schedule, and the employers don't heavily drug test. Food service and hospitality come to mind. Swing and night shift work. So potheads and other users keep those ranks filled but clear the way for those of us with more ambition to get better gigs.

My take is a minority of users get hooked because of physical pain, but most get hooked because they simply cannot deal with reality. Reality is that life is usually hard and boring. On TV it looks different. On Facebook it looks different. But life is mostly a work/eat/sleep/repeat routine. Junkies need an escape.

So true on not everyone is doctor material. Its ironic that the average lifespan for a doctor is around 56-58 years.

Addiction to me, now that is a different animal. I think it isn't the substance so much [weed] as it is the character of the person. No matter what anyone comes up with here it is in a different category than opiates or meth. I have read that there are people that are addicted to moth balls. They actually consume them, I don't know if they get high or their bodies are craving something in them? People get addicted to all kinds of things as we all know, food, gaming, etc.

As far as pain management goes, I originally thought advocates mostly wanted a legal way to get high. I have since come to the belief that there are medical benefits of mmj. It works as well as ambien, I don't know how long term any side effects will compare. Taking some form of opiate for pain control just knocks me down and is depressing. If I eat a brownie, I end up laughing. To me, that is better medicine. If using mmj for pain, making the oil or butter and then putting in food is much more effective then smoking it, for me anyway. If I eat a brownie, I still know I hurt but I don't care as much. It makes pain easier to ignore and get something done. That's how it seems for me anyway. It can be a tool. Its great for something as mundane and repetitive as snowplowing or cutting firewood.

On that note, I think part of the reason I drank as much as I did for years was that I was trying to kill pain with it. Alcohol is one of the most effective products I have used for pain control, including narcotic pain medications. Imo, narcotics only kill the brain and stop the pain signals from reaching it. That is how it seems to be for me. Also a tolerance soon builds requiring an ever increasing dose, addiction, and hell. Alcohol actually for me, makes the limbs numb. I don't want to do that, there be side effects to no sobriety either. I like anti- inflammatories , but can't seem to find one that I don't have an allergic reaction too. I've tried plenty of them and still do, but after a few days my skin falls off. Not fun.
October 8th, 2014 at 12:24:52 AM permalink
Evenbob

but most get hooked because they simply cannot deal with reality. Reality is that life is usually hard and boring.

Bingo. Many people are ill equipped in the
brain dept to deal with reality, so drugs are
the alternative that makes sense. If you
actually get stuck trying to interact with
those that do pot on a regular basis, you
soon find something is missing from their
lives. Drive, ambition, a desire to succeed.

They instead choose to do what they are
qualified from birth to do, float along
aimlessly until it's all over. Life is essentially
meaningless anyway, so what's the difference.
Who was it who said 'in a hundred years who
is going to give a shit what we said or did.'
Exactly.

A zen master looks at drug addicts like, who
cares. People wake up eventually, what's the
difference when. Life goes on in one form or
another, all we have is infinite time.
October 8th, 2014 at 3:21:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

As far as pain management goes, I originally thought advocates mostly wanted a legal way to get high. I have since come to the belief that there are medical benefits of mmj. It works as well as ambien, I don't know how long term any side effects will compare. Taking some form of opiate for pain control just knocks me down and is depressing. If I eat a brownie, I end up laughing. To me, that is better medicine. If using mmj for pain, making the oil or butter and then putting in food is much more effective then smoking it, for me anyway. If I eat a brownie, I still know I hurt but I don't care as much. It makes pain easier to ignore and get something done. That's how it seems for me anyway. It can be a tool. Its great for something as mundane and repetitive as snowplowing or cutting firewood.

That is the thing on its use for pain management. It does not really dull the pain, it puts the mind in a cloud so you do not notice or care as much. Like when you are sick with the flu and a home remedy is honey and booze. Honey helps the cough, booze lets you sleep so the body can do its job and get better.

I noticed this when I have tooth or kidney pain and am lucky enough that the doc writes me a scrip for Vicodin. The pain does go away, but the relief is the cloud you are in for a few hours to make you forget it. You finally relax after days or weeks of pain.

Where the problem comes in is when people decide if they feel that much better taking it when in pain, imagine how wild it will feel if you take it when you feel fine. This is why Hong Kong fell to the Brits, and at the rate the USA is going we will have some kind of big, negative consequence.
The President is a fink.