Pot Legalized

October 8th, 2014 at 5:42:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: zippyboy
Yowza! That's hella lot! That'd be 12 pills per day, lot more than I'm taking (which is only about 2-3). But I've been a drinker longer than you've been alive (if I remember correctly), so there's that.

Yeah, that was before I figured out "clean weeks". They just stopped working due to tolerance, and I was a lot more abusive to my bits and pieces back then. Since then, and for many years now, I plop clean weeks into my usage to make sure the 5's always work. Sometimes I can barely make the week, but often times it lasts for a few. Other than the two for the shoulder, I've gone months now.

A good decision about what exactly? Continuing? lol I know what I'm doing isn't good for me. I know the bill will come due at some point. My eyes are wide open. And I'm okay with it.

That's up to you. I just think that info is never a bad thing. Personally, I know that if I found my liver was on the verge of blowing out, I'd search harder for a solution to try to save it as much as I could. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily find one, but I'd least have a chance to try, as opposed to ignorantly frying my liver for no other reason that I never bothered to check it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 8th, 2014 at 5:46:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
At the pharmacist people with outdated scripts like antibiotics, or hormone pills etc. who choose not to flush them into the water table can turn them in to the pharmacy where they incinerate them at high temp.

The pharmacist will not accept partial scrips of narcotics. Say people who have a family member or whatever may have end of life drugs around the house that just don't want to flush them and the pharmacist won't accept them, the police now has a collection program. They are supposed to dispose of them properly. Also here it has been posted that the deposit box, open 24 hours with a slot like a mail box has a camera working all the time, just in case.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 8th, 2014 at 5:57:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
At the pharmacist people with outdated scripts like antibiotics, or hormone pills etc. who choose not to flush them into the water table can turn them in to the pharmacy where they incinerate them at high temp.

The pharmacist will not accept partial scrips of narcotics. Say people who have a family member or whatever may have end of life drugs around the house that just don't want to flush them and the pharmacist won't accept them, the police now has a collection program. They are supposed to dispose of them properly. Also here it has been posted that the deposit box, open 24 hours with a slot like a mail box has a camera working all the time, just in case.

I understand all that. What I do not understand is how I can bring in USED pills.
The President is a fink.
October 8th, 2014 at 7:02:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
@ AZ,

On another note, I saw a sign about drug turn-ins the cops were doing. Sign said, "
Quote:
bring your expired or used meds to turn in, no questions will be asked."

So just how on earth do you turn in USED meds?

Meds of course is short for medications. When you are asked to list your "medications" you arn't being asked the specific name of the medication that may be in the bottle. Ex. alprazolam is xanax.

Percocets are the same thing as oxy, by another name.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 8th, 2014 at 7:10:16 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Face
That's up to you. I just think that info is never a bad thing. Personally, I know that if I found my liver was on the verge of blowing out, I'd search harder for a solution to try to save it as much as I could. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily find one, but I'd least have a chance to try, as opposed to ignorantly frying my liver for no other reason that I never bothered to check it.

Good points. I know my doc outside the office though. He's been my tennis partner, and I've encountered him by chance 15 miles into the mountains once when I was backpacking 9 years ago. My little habit is my secret, aside from my supplier, and now you guys here at DT. Telling my doc on Friday when he explains my high numbers seems like it would discolor his view of me. I'm sure it's safe with confidentiality and all, but he is ultra-healthy. I've never met any of you people, so confessing seems harmless and self-cleansing somehow. What's he gonna say? You should switch to Xanax? This is a small town of 8000. I see him riding his bike to the office all the time. I guess I'd be embarrassed.

I see him for gout medicine. Gout...no doubt brought on by my lifestyle. Doc prolly has an idea what I'm up to when he sees my numbers, but,... I'd have to think about telling this big a secret. I can't imagine what purpose it'd serve.

Clean weeks though.....I should try that. Might lead to clean months and clean seasons. Who knows?
October 8th, 2014 at 7:14:16 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2

Oxycodone though. Not Oxycontin, which is waaaaay better.

PercoCETS mean contain acetaminophen, PeroDAN mean contains aspirin. I think. People already take too much acetaminophen which is poison to the liver. Oxycontin has no filler like acetaminophen or aspirin. It's just pure pleasure. That's why some folks snort it.
October 8th, 2014 at 7:30:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman

Prohibition I don't see what it has to do with people wanting one or another kind of dope to escape life. My problem with legalization of pot is that use will only go up. And as I said, ask China the effects of a stoned out nation

Prohibition exposed the intensity of the desire to drink. Think of all the knowingly-ingested rot gut substances, neurological disorders in the thousands. Prohibition also created great wealth in the real trickle down economy of distillation. One Mid West religious society audited an entire mill town in the North East itemizing all the cars that were newly purchased. House after house on street after street. Children were eating better, savings accounts were swelling, entire families were in the alcohol trade.

Stoned nation? Probably not more than already. Lots of medical patients ... but they don't count because they are already stoned on harsher but less effective drugs.
October 9th, 2014 at 3:45:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
@ AZ,

On another note, I saw a sign about drug turn-ins the cops were doing. Sign said, "

Meds of course is short for medications. When you are asked to list your "medications" you arn't being asked the specific name of the medication that may be in the bottle. Ex. alprazolam is xanax.

Nobody is getting this. Let me be more direct.

I can use a gun, then see a turn-in with the cope and bring it in. (I never would, but I could.)

HOWEVER..................

If I USE a vicodin tablet, how do I bring it in?
The President is a fink.
October 9th, 2014 at 10:59:19 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Good points. I know my doc outside the office though. He's been my tennis partner, and I've encountered him by chance 15 miles into the mountains once when I was backpacking 9 years ago. My little habit is my secret, aside from my supplier, and now you guys here at DT. Telling my doc on Friday when he explains my high numbers seems like it would discolor his view of me. I'm sure it's safe with confidentiality and all, but he is ultra-healthy. I've never met any of you people, so confessing seems harmless and self-cleansing somehow. What's he gonna say? You should switch to Xanax? This is a small town of 8000. I see him riding his bike to the office all the time. I guess I'd be embarrassed.

I see him for gout medicine. Gout...no doubt brought on by my lifestyle. Doc prolly has an idea what I'm up to when he sees my numbers, but,... I'd have to think about telling this big a secret. I can't imagine what purpose it'd serve.

Clean weeks though.....I should try that. Might lead to clean months and clean seasons. Who knows?

I recall a title to a country song, "Find Out Who Your Friends Are".

I'm open about everything. Here, real life, whatever. Perhaps, by being so candid, I've lost friends or missed opportunities. That is unknown. What I do know is how it's opened up the world for me. Often times confidence brings it out of other people, and they share their stories when you share yours. Almost always, you find that person who you thought was A-#1 has their own demons that you never would've guessed. 100% of the time, Mr. Perfect has had problems with drugs, with drink, with fidelity, with finances... everyone has that one area that brings them shame. Don't let the possibility of judgement hold you prisoner.

And really, this is you. If you tell a friend, a real life friend (not merely "an acquaintance") who you are, and they don't like it, is it worth keeping a facade to hold onto that friend? I've never thought it so. And really, it's mostly an unrealized fear. Because, as I said, everyone has demons. It's usually only a grade-A twat who'd judge you, and you don't really want to keep that type of friend anyways.

I say tell him. Of course, if you just can't for whatever reason, I'd hear you if getting it out helps in any way. Been there before, and in many ways, am still there. Talking is good.

And give the clean outs a try. I have zero idea as to how effective it is from a "save the liver" standpoint, I can only assume that any break must be good. It also has the wonderful side effect of making the pills work better, as it tamps that pesky tolerance down a notch and lets them take hold better. Good luck.

@AZD, I didn't misunderstand your pose, I've just been trying to find an example. And I've got it. Nicotine / nitro glycerine / motion sickness patches. Used medication =D
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 9th, 2014 at 4:37:15 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Big 20 year study out today that says not
only is pot as bad awe thought, it's far
far worse. It's as addictive as drugs and
alcohol, causes mental illness and a string
of mental problems, on and on and on.

But nobody who smokes it cares, they're
under the influence of the drug. Duh.
Oh, and kicking it is harder than kicking
heroin for a lot of people. Isn't that nice.

Saw an interview thing with people in CO.
Seriously, if most of these people weren't
high all the time, what would they be doing.
They aren't exactly doctor and lawyer material.
At least staying high keeps them from the reality
that they're just a waste of space on the planet.

What was the name of this study? Where was it publisher? Where did you read it? Can you send a link?
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob