Pot Legalized

September 24th, 2014 at 5:23:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Every pothead I've known will tell you
it has no effect on their career or home
life.

When your career is working low-level food service and family life is living in your parent's basement it is actually kind of hard to mess that up.
The President is a fink.
September 24th, 2014 at 5:52:10 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
You're living in a fantasy world if you
think these guys spend part of every
day taking hits off the bong.

Your living in a fantasy world if you think that's what I think. I merely pointed out there's CEOs out there who do take the occasional/regular hit from the bong. There several others who suggest MJ should be legalized, but haven't said whether they like to toke or not. It's not just a drug taken by low income, basement dwelling losers with no hopes. Sorry if that spoils the narrative you are trying to write.

I actually agree, for most people, there's a time to move on. But not everyone is the same, thank goodness.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 27th, 2014 at 11:14:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
More of the reporter who quit.

She doesn't lack in the broadcast ability, and she is a firebrand on this issue (no pun intended)

I saw comments that she is wasting her advocacy on an issue like pot. Whatever, I don't think you could guess she was advocating for pot if you didn't know-- as she's about as far from the pothead stereotype of a spaced out user.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 28th, 2014 at 1:01:39 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
When your career is working low-level food service and family life is living in your parent's basement it is actually kind of hard to mess that up.

Wow, lots of hating on weed in this thread.

I smoke probably 2 or 3 times a month, usually on weekends but occasionally on a weeknight if I'm stressed out or just need a little extra relaxation. It definitely lowers the bar on what TV shows I find amusing.

I have a successful, professional career. No debt. My father-in-law is a huge stoner; he just retired in his early 50s from a successful career as an electrical engineer/project manager. Married with 2 kids, by all accounts has led a successful life.

As with all things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, it can ruin your ambition, and I know some very dedicated, wake-and-bake style smokers. Hard to imagine they are reaching their full potential. But as a purely recreational, once in a while thing, I have no issues with it.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
September 28th, 2014 at 5:24:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: AcesAndEights
Wow, lots of hating on weed in this thread.

I have a successful, professional career. No debt. My father-in-law is a huge stoner; he just retired in his early 50s from a successful career as an electrical engineer/project manager. Married with 2 kids, by all accounts has led a successful life.

As with all things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, it can ruin your ambition, and I know some very dedicated, wake-and-bake style smokers. Hard to imagine they are reaching their full potential. But as a purely recreational, once in a while thing, I have no issues with it.

My comment was more towards the person or two I know. I am conflicted on the issue. I know there are many who smoke it once in a while and control themselves. And then there are the stoners. I am tired of the cops wasting time on it but do not want the government getting into yet another business of taxing vices yet pretending to discourage their use--we have already made the government the biggest tobacco profit center in the chain of distribution. I don't want stores all over the place nor do I want Amsterdam-style "coffeehouses."

I believe in libertarianism but at the same time see a 20% or so underclass in the USA who are already hooked on crack or meth or whatever and need not an easier way to get high.

Simply put, legalization would let responsible users use more responsibly but at the same time will give us more, not fewer, stoners. Increasing drug use is a sign of a society in decline to collapse. Ask China how people on opium in the 1800s worked out for them. OTOH the collapse may be there before.

It is a tough call.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2014 at 1:44:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit
Your living in a fantasy world if you think that's what I think.

And if you think what I think about what
you think... Hmmm. What was a thinking,
I don't remember.

Never mind.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 29th, 2014 at 8:03:57 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
And if you think what I think about what
you think... Hmmm. What was a thinking,
I don't remember.

Never mind.

One too many joints back in the day, Bob? Getting a little confused and dopey?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 5th, 2014 at 7:57:09 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Hey guys, I wonder if these "munchie-meal" Jack in the Box ads are showing outside of Washington. Seems they're obv directed at the stoner crowd. Have you seen them before?

October 5th, 2014 at 8:44:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
One of things I don't ever want to change is my sense of humor, that is some funny stuff. Thanks
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 6th, 2014 at 4:12:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: zippyboy
Hey guys, I wonder if these "munchie-meal" Jack in the Box ads are showing outside of Washington. Seems they're obv directed at the stoner crowd. Have you seen them before?

Possible, although speaking for myself there are times I will order a few things off the cheapo menu instead of one bigger sandwich for variety and I don't touch any kind of dope.
The President is a fink.