Pot Legalized

September 21st, 2014 at 4:47:38 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
Yes, some pictures would be cool. As for B mocking you for doing so, just block him, that's what I do. He will mock. I would bet on it:-)
Some of the strains I have been enjoying lately
Blue Dream
Oregon Medical
Blue Kush
Bubba Gum Bubba Kush

What are the prices?
1/4 oz for above strains 100 black market FL

Okay, I'm going to withstand the taunts of the haters and post some more pics for the two or three of you who might be interested.

I go camping every weekend, and hit this little store on my way out of town. It's the only one open on the Olympic Peninsula, but we're due to get another within a month, according to online news reports. It opens at 10am on Saturdays and closes when it runs out of product. I get there an hour early and am usually about 10th in line. It's been always the same faces around me, so it's like social hour for retired hippies, most of whom seem to want to relive their pasts, but don't know where else to go to get the stuff. I have friends who grow, but I keep going back because I get a kick out of the packaging and like to know the THC level and pesticides used, if any. The store sends out an email announcement letting us know what will be available. Sign up, and stay in the loop!

Anyway, sometimes they might have only 1 strain available, but sometimes, it's as many as nine. Prices have gone up from $45/eighth ounce that first opening weekend to $60 for the same stuff. I don't mind paying; if that's what they have to do to stay in business, I'm fine with it. It's only open for a few hours one day a week anyway. The staff is well-informed and always cheerful.

This is Grape Ape, 100% indica, good for sleeping and pain management. THC 8.7%

Ace of Spades is THC level 8.6%

These next two I bought yesterday. The Northern Lights came from a different farm and measures 18% THC and is covered in little red hairs and smells wonderful, like a musky pine forest. My camera doesn't do a good job showing the hairs, and I wish I could attach some scratch-n-sniff to this post. I'll rebuy this anytime it becomes available. Next harvest I guess.

Now this next stuff is a star. It was brought to the store from the farm as I was standing in line, and only 12 were available, so I grabbed one. Although called Ice Wax, it's not wax at all, but resembles black tea leaves. Only sold by the gram for $100 (!), it measures an astonishing 55% THC. I was afraid to try it by itself, but I put a few little hairs of it in my vaporizer along with some Northern Lights, and it gave buzz muy bueno. Hey, I'm out camping in the woods. Getting high and trippin' out on the critters around me. When I cleaned out the vaporizer this morning, that Ice Wax had left some gummy residue.

Bob, no need to restate your opinion on weed. It's for kids...dumb kids. We know.
September 21st, 2014 at 5:43:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
Bob, no need to restate your opinion on weed. It's for kids...dumb kids. We know.

It's a way of 'weeding' out the gene pool,
literally.

"The drug (cannibas) can cause cancer, lung disease and abnormalities associated with serious mental illness.
Users are up to six times more likely to develop schizophrenia."

These kind of people tend to have small
families or no kids at all, so they don't
pass on the irresponsible gene that is
the cause of their behavior.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2014 at 5:44:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow, very nice. Appreciate the pictures.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2014 at 5:49:25 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
How does one acquire a "farm"? Seems odd to have a demand so strong the store is only open a few hours for one day due to lack of supply.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 21st, 2014 at 5:59:46 PM permalink
theodores
I love this. Thanks ZB. I really, really wish this would spread to other states. Not that I am a pothead, but I would just like the opportunity to go to a store and buy some quality ganja and enjoy it as one would any other smoke. (I have a humidor with $100+ worth of cigars at the moment).

My former neighbors were from Port Angeles and spoke of it as if it were the best place in the world.
September 21st, 2014 at 6:16:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: theodores
I love this. Thanks ZB. I really, really wish this would spread to other states. Not that I am a pothead, but I would just like the opportunity to go to a store and buy some quality ganja and enjoy it as one would any other smoke. (I have a humidor with $100+ worth of cigars at the moment).

It will over time though I suspect the Wild West atmosphere will have to die down first in the form of zoning only so many stores, re-writing DU/AI laws, etc. I am at the point I say let it. I'd love to be able to make some extra cash without fear of going to the can.
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2014 at 6:37:42 PM permalink
zippyboy
Quote: Face
How does one acquire a "farm"? Seems odd to have a demand so strong the store is only open a few hours for one day due to lack of supply.

There are growers all over this area. I had been getting it from some very knowledgeable folks who love gardening, but with a focus on cannabis. Every crop gets better and better. I know one guy who has a spare bedroom divided into three areas for cuttings from past successful harvests, then the ones that do best get put into another area for growth, then he sends them to bud in another area. Each area gets its own lighting spectrum, intensity and numbers of hours the lights are on. He has high-quality air purifiers. He had a spidermite problem a few months ago and bought 1500 ladybugs online for $10 to put an end to it without pesticides. His grow-op is pretty amazing, and I'd love to take pics for you all, but you know....it's uncool to ask.

Getting a farm requires permits from the state, similar to gaming permits in Nevada. Not everyone can get those permits. There are three permits by the way (growing, packaging/transporting, and retail sales as I recall) and no one person can get two permits. There are tests that have to be done on each harvest from the WA State Liquor Control Board. There have been problems with the permits of late, which is why only one store is open in my area. There's only one open in Seattle too. Permits allow only cultivation of so many plants, which take x-amount of days to harvest, then curing/drying/packaging and so on. Supply can't keep up with demand yet.

Quote: Evenbob
It's a way of 'weeding' out the gene pool, literally.

"The drug (cannibas) can cause cancer, lung disease and abnormalities associated with serious mental illness.
Users are up to six times more likely to develop schizophrenia."

These kind of people tend to have small
families or no kids at all, so they don't
pass on the irresponsible gene that is
the cause of their behavior.

I have no kids. I don't like kids any more than my own father did. I would be a terrible dad, and I know that. My girlfriend had a hysterectomy in 1999, so I hold on to her like a prize.
September 21st, 2014 at 6:51:58 PM permalink
zippyboy
Quote: theodores
My former neighbors were from Port Angeles and spoke of it as if it were the best place in the world.

Port Angeles (known as PA 'round here) is an oceanside town, and is the jumping off point for the Olympic National Park, and ferries take vacationers to Victoria, British Columbia, a pretty damn big city at the southern end of Vancouver Island. I spent Labor Day weekend 2005 there and was surprised at the skyscrapers in what I thought would be a lazy tourist town. It wasn't. I remember it well because Katrina was all over the news that trip, even in Canada. When I go camping past PA, my Sprint service stops and I get a text msg warning me that now I'm on BC-Tel service and roaming charges apply, like $2 per text message! Still on American soil, but I'm closer to Vancouver cell towers than American ones.

If you're into Twilight, Forks is another hour west of PA.
September 21st, 2014 at 10:30:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
@ Zippyboy, thanks for sharing.

I think that is pretty cool about the lady bugs. We bought some for our fruit trees but never thought about the mites. I'll pass that along.

I too wish I could grow, but even if I had permission I can't even grow cactus very well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 22nd, 2014 at 2:09:41 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Maybe Mickey Mantle might still have his liver and life if he alcohol wasn't the only option. The psychiatric problems are bad from pot, but often only temporary, and not necessarily lethal. Pills and alcohol can't beat the side effect argument against pot. Getting high isn't even what people may even want, but should be a legal option. As far as driving high, I never liked it or thought it was safe for me, but many others swore it wasn't dangerous. Drugs affect everyone different so there probably isn't a just way to deal with it fairly without going back to criminality. Civil matters through courts for damages would probably be the fairest way if intoxication can be proven to be negligent. Saying stupid things like buzzed driving is drunk driving and applying it to the law never made sense to me if it can't be objectively proven the individual was incapable of safely driving while not causing any damage.