Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 25th, 2019 at 4:27:49 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Gandler
No politician on any side likes to limit their influence.

Step the First: Remember that this is not their choice.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 25th, 2019 at 5:31:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I added like everyone. Acquaintance owned a nursing home. He told me he would contribute $5k to both candidates for whatever office was important in nursing home legislation. It got him lunch with the candidate. And so whoever won he'd have an in to discuss issues important to him. It's dirty, but it IS.

We had a part time lobbyist in Albany. He told me "we do not give to Democrats in the Senate because we will get their vote, we do not give to Republicans in the Assembly because we will always get their vote."

Meanwhile the goo-goos think their sending $100 to their candidate matters.
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2019 at 6:33:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Face
What are We going to do about it?

I'm coming after you Face....

You post frequently about a few issues that seem EXTREMELY important to you.... Gun rights, racing cars, fishing to name 3 that come to mind easily.

How many times have you made an appointment to see your elected State Assemblyman or State Senator to let him now your feelings on these topics? Or even just sent an email delineating your thoughts? Instead of taking the time to post here on DT, why not contact those who can make a difference?

(Matthews suspension? What do you think?)
September 26th, 2019 at 7:18:14 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
September 26th, 2019 at 1:24:59 PM permalink
Face
Quote: SOOPOO
How many times have you made an appointment to see your elected State Assemblyman or State Senator to let him now your feelings on these topics? Or even just sent an email delineating your thoughts? Instead of taking the time to post here on DT, why not contact those who can make a difference?

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

I wish I weren't so hyperbolic all the time, but seriously. I just erased a huge rant, lemme try to parse it down.

What could I possibly say to these people? Terp is one thing, I'd talk to him all day long because he's admittedly uninformed about firearms. There's something I could do, ya know? With leaders, I guess (perhaps ignorantly) I assume there's not, as they are supposed to be the experts. I guess I assume folks take in facts, process them, and come to a conclusion. But whether they actually do this, or are instead just taking lobbyist talking points (and funds), or are just falling in the pearl clutchism of "something MUST be done"... what am I gonna say to change their mind? I've got nothing but what they've got, the same access to facts and figures. The same S.C.O.P.E. propaganda, the same anti-SAFEAct stuff I read, is the same information being sent to them as that finds me. Yet they still persist in madness. Is the same info but from my mouth going to change things? Me, the most adamantly refuse-to-vote a$$hole you and I know? What do I have to offer them, other than to free them of my oh-so-successful campaigns against them?

That last is why. I have a critical weakness borne of my upbringing, my brain damage, and my experience with violence. I can debate all day long, I rather enjoy it. And debates about the subjective I can handle just fine, as evidenced by my presence in the religion threads. But debates about the objective can and do have winners and losers, and losers MUST abdicate. We know, objectively, that black and white are equal. Some did not abdicate. So what happened? We burned some s#$% down. We know, objectively, that slavery is wrong. Some did not abdicate. We burned some s#$% down. If we have a gun debate on the topics that vex me, I will win. Based on the last ten years of state history, they will not abdicate. So what does that leave me for recourse?

There's just certain places I don't go because I can't. This isn't a bitch about a 0.17% increase on taxes to fund something you don't like, this is the difference between my free life and my murder at the hands of the state, full f#$%ing stop. However they dress it up it amounts to the same, they openly state they're coming to kill me. Robert Francis has threatened me with death, full f#$%ing stop. Andrew Cuomo has stripped me of liberty; BY LAW my neighbor or any one of the tens of thousands of other town, county, and NYS police have carte blanche to end my life.

Where exactly would you suggest that conversation go? I have the capacity to hail my EMPLOYEES and ASK them to stop threatening my very life. Easy as pie in that regard. It's when they don't. When they have no facts, no figures, and in fact a plethora of material proving them wrong ('94 AWB anyone?), and they still persist in legislation that with allow my murder, then what? What would YOU do if someone had the means, motive and ability to end your life, and repeatedly tell you they're going to?

That's kind of a genuine question. I have no idea what to do. My experiences and upbringing say you've reached a verbal impasse, now you move on to force. Now you fight. Now it's naught but a test of who wants it more, and your only goal is to cause as much damage and shed as much blood as quickly as possible, to plough your opponent asunder with such ferocity neither he nor his force could ever rise again. But... this ain't that. It's not a person, it's an ideology. It's not brain, it's thought. Say I'm a superhero (or supervillain). I with my powers of stealth get into the Cuomo abode and end him. Shumer, ended. F#$% it, this is fantasy and I'm a superherovillain. I go door by door, state by state, and over the next decade assassinate all sorts of members from Feinstein to the Brady Campaign board, just picking off all the heads of gun grabberdom. Using a hammer, too, so no ramping up of the debate. What would that do? A lot of families destroyed, sure. A lot of hurt going round. A lot of disruption as workplaces are out labor, merchants are out shoppers, husbands are without wives, but what positives would there be?

Not a single one that I can see. NY would not suddenly be governed by the Ghost of Charleton Heston. The SAFEAct would not disappear with Cuomo's heartbeat. The NFA would not be disbanded and Class III stamps would still be $200 per item. In short, even the most ridiculously violent opposition would not do one single f#$%ing thing.

That's why, SOOP. The talk has been done and it resulted in nothing. Next is force, and even if I pull off the Last Stand at Thermopylae, it would result in nothing. 1 dude v the whole gd county might be impressive, but it still ends with me dead and nothing changing. What is left but civil disobedience? What is left but to prepare and pray? What is left but to attack the abuse of their power, their misinformation campaign, and affect the source of their power, We the People?

I AM talking to those with the power. I'm doing it right now. I just don't have a billion dollar .org and a bunch of Oligarchs on my side to help me do it.

Quote: SOOP
(Matthews suspension? What do you think?)

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Haha, j/k. I'm a Leafs fan. Perpetual disappointment is a prerequisite =p
September 26th, 2019 at 1:48:02 PM permalink
Face
Curious, if I can tai chi this thread back on track, if there's any ecomentalists who are to this point. I wonder if you've also got your line in the sand, like all info is pointing, no one's paying attention, and you've just had it... what do you do? It's not like there's black market carbon sinks. You can't print your own rainforest. You can't make your own clean water with a CNC in your basement.

When experts say consumption is killing us, how do you look at, say, Amazon or the US Military, and not just stroke out?
September 26th, 2019 at 2:18:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
Curious, if I can tai chi this thread back on track, if there's any ecomentalists who are to this point. I wonder if you've also got your line in the sand, like all info is pointing, no one's paying attention, and you've just had it... what do you do? It's not like there's black market carbon sinks. You can't print your own rainforest. You can't make your own clean water with a CNC in your basement.

When experts say consumption is killing us, how do you look at, say, Amazon or the US Military, and not just stroke out?

I just look at the record of the experts to date and I feel better. Then look at the nations that "consume the most" and how their environment is compared to developing nations. And I sleep well knowing the gas well I helped get drilled today will do more to lower CO2 than a roomful of people driving their Prius and Teslas.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2019 at 10:18:49 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Hmmmm, looks like our future Nobel prize winner is having difficulties when she is unable to read from a script provided to her by her crazy climate change activist adult handlers:

Watch: Puppet Girl Greta is Lost Without a Script to Read From
Let's go Brandon
September 27th, 2019 at 10:39:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm, looks like our future Nobel prize winner is having difficulties when she is unable to read from a script provided to her by her crazy climate change activist adult handlers:

A child having a little difficulty speaking has absolutely nothing to do with climate change
Sad that conservatives attack a child instead of discussing the issues
I find it totally disgusting to attack children instead of the issues
What a disgusting post
She's just a child speaking to a worldwide audience. She has asperger syndrome.
If you are attacking children simply due to politics and ignoring the issues then you are a disgusting human being

Below article is about conservatives not confronting the scientific issues and instead resort to attacking and insulting children

How the Climate Kids Are Short-Circuiting Right-Wing Media
Young people like Greta Thunberg are participating in the culture wars while also managing to float above the fray.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/opinion/climate-change-greta-thunberg.html

Briebart and Fox love attacking children due to politics. Don't bring that filth over here
You said you wanted to discuss the issues as adults then you post crap attacking children and how they speak. What's wrong with you. Do you make fun of kids with autism?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2019 at 11:34:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter

She's just a stooge for her handlers.
She had no idea how to answer a
simple question without being
prepped first. Deer in the headlights
look deluxe..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.