Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 28th, 2019 at 5:13:41 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
I stopped being 'terrified' of doomsday
reports when none of Rachel Carson's
dire predictions in The Silent Spring
came true. Always follow the money,
who backs these people.
Millions have died because of that lunatic but I guess that's ok because the vast majority of them are "people of color"
September 28th, 2019 at 5:19:10 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm, looks like our future Nobel prize winner is having difficulties when she is unable to read from a script provided to her by her crazy climate change activist adult handlers:

Watch: Puppet Girl Greta is Lost Without a Script to Read From
Get off her back. She's very articulate and erudite for a twelve year old and well learned too. I'm sure she knows the periodic table backwards and forwards and knows exactly how many protons are in a carbon atom.
September 28th, 2019 at 10:40:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
Get off her back. She's very articulate and erudite

Yet without a script to read
from, she's clueless. Odd...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2019 at 11:43:09 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm, looks like our future Nobel prize winner is having difficulties when she is unable to read from a script provided to her by her crazy climate change activist adult handlers:

Watch: Puppet Girl Greta is Lost Without a Script to Read From
Get off her back. She's very articulate and erudite for a twelve year old and well learned too. I'm sure she knows the periodic table backwards and forwards and knows exactly how many protons are in a carbon atom.

You forgot the /s for the libbies lol
September 30th, 2019 at 5:46:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Wind turbine blades being disposed of in Casper landfill.

More clean wind energy......
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2019 at 6:15:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Millions have died because of that lunatic but I guess that's ok because the vast majority of them are "people of color"

Malaria?
This is from Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Spring

"Biographer Hamilton Lytle believes these estimates are unrealistic, even if Carson can be "blamed" for worldwide DDT policies.[80] John Quiggin and Tim Lambert wrote, "the most striking feature of the claim against Carson is the ease with which it can be refuted". DDT was never banned for anti-malarial use, and its ban for agricultural use in the United States in 1972 did not apply outside the U.S. nor to anti-malaria spraying.[81][82] The international treaty that banned most uses of DDT and other organochlorine pesticides—the 2001 Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (which became effective in 2004)—included an exemption for the use of DDT for malaria control until affordable substitutes could be found.[72] Mass outdoor spraying of DDT was abandoned in poor countries subject to malaria, such as Sri Lanka, in the 1970s and 1980s; this was not because of government prohibitions but because the DDT had lost its ability to kill the mosquitoes.[72] Because of insects' very short breeding cycle and large number of offspring, the most resistant insects survive and pass on their genetic traits to their offspring, which replace the pesticide-slain insects relatively rapidly. Agricultural spraying of pesticides produces pesticide resistance in seven to ten years.[83]
Some experts have said that restrictions placed on the agricultural use of DDT have increased its effectiveness for malaria control. According to pro-DDT advocate Amir Attaran, the result of the (activated in 2004) Stockholm Convention banning DDT's use in agriculture "is arguably better than the status quo ... For the first time, there is now an insecticide which is restricted to vector control only, meaning that the selection of resistant mosquitoes will be slower than before."[84]"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:14:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Salmon population in Canada has been declining, resulting in starving grisly bears.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2019 at 11:17:27 AM permalink
Shrek
lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have no idea what qualifies this girl to be an expert on the weather, but someone needs to knock some sense into her!

October 3rd, 2019 at 11:37:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Salmon population in Canada has been declining, resulting in starving grisly bears.

I camped out in Northern Idaho once
The berry season was late
Many people warned me about hungry bears
My friend gave me a gun to sleep with in my tent
Another scoffed at a gun, said I needed a knife. He said when the bear comes into the tent, grab that knife and slice a hole in other side and get out. lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 3rd, 2019 at 11:50:54 AM permalink
Shrek
Quote: terapined
My friend gave me a gun to sleep with in my tent
Oh this is precious! Just like a libbie.

Guns for me, but no guns for thee!!