Israeli conflict

November 5th, 2023 at 6:52:13 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: odiousgambit
I agree, the decision to leave under pressure in 2005 has been shown to be a mistake.

I agree, the best option is to take it back into Israel, allow Palestinians who wish to stay (and have a clean record) to become Israeli citizens, those who wish to leave give a fair stipend to move to Egypt or the West Bank or a nation of their choosing. But, allowing Gaza to operate as a Hamas breeding ground for so many decades at this point just seems insane. Yes, this will be bad optics, but I really do not think it matters, they are getting lambasted for a very controlled and light response, so just lean into it and rip the Band-Aid off so to speak, and once people see the degrees of peace this causes they will get over it (well sane people will, there will always be the groups who think that Jews do not deserve to be there at all, but there is no helping/changing them anyway.)
November 5th, 2023 at 9:07:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
I agree, the best option is to take it back into Israel, allow Palestinians who wish to stay (and have a clean record) to become Israeli citizens, those who wish to leave give a fair stipend to move to Egypt or the West Bank or a nation of their choosing. But, allowing Gaza to operate as a Hamas breeding ground for so many decades at this point just seems insane. Yes, this will be bad optics, but I really do not think it matters, they are getting lambasted for a very controlled and light response, so just lean into it and rip the Band-Aid off so to speak, and once people see the degrees of peace this causes they will get over it (well sane people will, there will always be the groups who think that Jews do not deserve to be there at all, but there is no helping/changing them anyway.)

Israel should take it back into Israel and indiscriminately execute every Palestinian in their entire area. The Palestinians, obviously, should attempt to prevent that and execute every Israeli. This shizz over there has gone on for Millennia, so they really just need to have it out until one side or the other has been completely eradicated from the face of the Earth.

Anything less and it's just more kicking of cans down roads.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 5th, 2023 at 11:10:28 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The Israeli's, or at least one of 'em in the gov't, is considering nuking Gaza.

When he raised the idea it was quickly shut down ... for now.
November 5th, 2023 at 12:26:45 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee

Source?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 5th, 2023 at 12:31:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: missedhervee

There is no way they can nuke Gaza. It is (way) smaller than many U.S. Counties. This would be essentially nuking themselves.... It would not surprise me if some political idiot (like a Matt Gaetz equivalent for them) floated the idea in a random rant, but there is no way it was being seriously considered.

Plus it would be dumb for several other reasons including hostage search, and if they wanted full destruction they can just bomb it traditionally with way less risk and controversy.
November 5th, 2023 at 12:39:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
There is no way they can nuke Gaza. It is (way) smaller than many U.S. Counties. This would be essentially nuking themselves.... It would not surprise me if some political idiot (like a Matt Gaetz equivalent for them) floated the idea in a random rant, but there is no way it was being seriously considered.

Plus it would be dumb for several other reasons including hostage search, and if they wanted full destruction they can just bomb it traditionally with way less risk and controversy.

It is just fake news for the young with immature brains.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 5th, 2023 at 1:50:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
It is just fake news for the young with immature brains.

Possibly, it was quite possible also that it was just some crazy political guy ranting, this would be like saying, "The U.S. Government wants to attack the Jewish laser base on the moon," because of some crazy statements by a congresswoman.

But, this is a good comparison/overlay showing Gaza compared to Philadelphia:

It is both tiny and very narrow (with dense borders, it is not like the borders are in the middle of nowhere in Israel, there is somewhat of a buffer, but it is a small area.)

Nuking Gaza would be crazy for a number of reasons.

Though there are a ton of bomb shelters in subdivisions near Gaza for obvious reasons (scroll through Google maps if you don't believe me.) I am not sure if they are nuclear resistant.
November 5th, 2023 at 2:37:12 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
How come there were no mass protests when the Russians started slaughtering Ukrainians.

About 100,000 Ukrainians have been killed and about another 110,000 have been wounded.

The numbers are way, way higher than the numbers for the Palestinians.

Is it because they believed protesting against Russia would be fruitless_______?

Or is it because they care less about the lives of the Ukrainians_______?

That would be my guess - that they could care less about the Ukrainians.

The Ukrainians don't register on their sympathy meters.

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
November 5th, 2023 at 3:02:52 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
November 5th, 2023 at 3:48:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: PotPie
Is it because they believed protesting against Russia would be fruitless_______?

I believe it is this one. I don't think Putin cares about public opinion unless it amounts to some actual physical force against him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?