No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 14th, 2021 at 10:16:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Okay, so calling him a racist for shutting down travel from China was also a stupid thing to do. So what? Shutting down travel from China was at least arguably a reasonable thing to do given what we knew about the situation. Calling the virus the, "Kung-Flu," as the President of the United States, is indefensible.

I thought calling it Kung-Flu was a master stroke. The left was more worried about calling it china virus than the were about actually doing anything about it. For the most part they still are.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2021 at 10:20:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I thought calling it Kung-Flu was a master stroke. The left was more worried about calling it china virus than the were about actually doing anything about it. For the most part they still are.

Yeah, calling it the Kung-Flu sure showed the virus who's boss.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2021 at 10:28:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Yeah, calling it the Kung-Flu sure showed the virus who's boss.

It showed that we should care about what is important. Worrying that the Chinese would not like "china virus" is not important.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2021 at 10:56:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
It showed that we should care about what is important. Worrying that the Chinese would not like "china virus" is not important.

I doubt if Trump used China virus or kung flu when he was talking to President Xi. Most bigots are big mouths when they aren't surrounded by the people they offend and say it doesn't matter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2021 at 10:57:33 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Gee, I wonder where that rhetoric started. I can't quite remember.

It started because the virus originated in China, and was possibly created in Chinese bio-weapons lab, and China did next to nothing to prevent it from spreading throughout the world.

Calling it ‘the China virus’ is anti-China, not anti-Asian.

I’ve mentioned in previous posts that Trump referring to it as ‘the China virus’ caused fear and increased assaults in the Asian community.

But, he also said last March,

"It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world," Trump tweeted on Monday. "They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form.”

"They are working closely with us to get rid of it.” "WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!”

Or course, that was largely ignored by the MSM, and the attacks escalated.

Useless piles genetic waste material will use any excuse to attack Asians. Like accidentally brushing against them as they pass you.

This one attacked Andrew Yang’s, Asian photographer recently, for no reason.

This dirt bag in Phili, where the laws aren't enforced, pulled a gun on an Asian driver, after beating the crap out of him, for tapping the rear of his dirt bike.

If Biden is so concerned about Asians being attacked and forced to live in fear, let him tell his Democrat Mayors and Governors to do something about their constituents who are attacking them.
March 14th, 2021 at 11:10:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
China did next to nothing to prevent it from spreading throughout the world.

Republic of China
10 deaths
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2021 at 3:59:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Tanko,

In my opinion:

"China Virus"-Improper, but defensible. Improper because that's not what the medical community named it.

"Kung Flu"-Improper and indefensible.

Anyway, you're just pointing out an example of mixed messaging. Call it the, "Kung Flu," in a briefing, say something else on Twitter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2021 at 4:16:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I doubt if Trump used China virus or kung flu when he was talking to President Xi. Most bigots are big mouths when they aren't surrounded by the people they offend and say it doesn't matter.

Xi is indeed probably a bigot but he likely gave Trump the respect he was due.
The President is a fink.
March 15th, 2021 at 9:52:07 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://youtu.be/yOcbFWuaMe8

Another example of insane anti-maskers (and racism), after being told they cannot enter the Uber without a mask, the three people enter, rip the mask off of the driver, pepper spray him, hit him, and take his phone. It's a sad world that we live in when people cannot only not follow simple rules, but resort to violence and then play the victim on social media.....

Honestly the driver handled himself pretty professionally (maybe too much so I felt scared for him just watching), I have not driven for Uber in some years, but if I had three passengers pepper spray me and then physically attack me and take my phone to prevent me from calling 911, I probably would be fearing for my saftey and react accordingly. (Also, a good example of why drivers should always have dash cams because initially they were claiming he attempted to kidnap them.....)

I am honestly not sure if this is a mask issue or more of an entilment issue because groups of Uber riders behave this way frequently (there are endless videos on YouTube from Uber dashcams) when told that they cannot enter for other rule violations generally being way too intoxicated and/or having too many passengers.... But , this is pretty terrible, even by Uber standards, I have never heard of chemical weapons attack, physical assault, theft, and refusal to leave all within a couple of minutes.....

It does seem that at least two of the passengers have used this incident to hawk their social media accounts (I think ironically the two that are being arrested and charged), I guess anything to get likes or followers or whatever.....
March 15th, 2021 at 10:44:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

I am honestly not sure if this is a mask issue or more of an entilment issue because groups of Uber riders behave this way frequently (there are endless videos on YouTube from Uber dashcams) when told that they cannot enter for other rule violations generally being way too intoxicated and/or having too many passengers.... But , this is pretty terrible, even by Uber standards, I have never heard of chemical weapons attack, physical assault, theft, and refusal to leave all within a couple of minutes.....

I do not think it is a mask thing, I think it is a crazy drunk chick thing. One was wearing a mask so that alone shows it is not a mask thing.

See, anti-maskers really do not care if you wear a mask. They will not bother you for wearing one. Not to the level that maskers harass people without masks in any case.
The President is a fink.