1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 17th, 2021 at 12:29:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
(Quote clipped, relevance)

I don't recall him quitting.

Trump was the lamest of the lame ducks after he lost, so in a sense I think Fauci didn't have to hear anything from Trump. Trump just hid away.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2021 at 12:31:59 PM permalink
rxwine
By the time CPAC rolled around Trump wasn't President. Why would Fauci be listening to Trump, that's my point?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2021 at 12:59:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
By the time CPAC rolled around Trump wasn't President. Why would Fauci be listening to Trump, that's my point?

That's a point that we share. Personally, I have no reason to either believe or disbelieve that Fauci was aware of what Trump said.

Which returns to my original point that Fauci either lied or simply made an incorrect statement. Either way, pointing out that Trump encouraged people to take the vaccine in a speech prior to Fauci saying that Trump should encourage people to take the vaccine is valid.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 17th, 2021 at 1:14:33 PM permalink
rxwine
That's a point that we share. Personally, I have no reason to either believe or disbelieve that Fauci was aware of what Trump said.

One thing I'm unclear on was Fauci just responding to question rather than stating something he knew about Trump.

Quote:
Wallace asked Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, how much of a difference it would make if Mr. Trump led a campaign to urge Republicans to get vaccinated. Fauci replied: "It would make all the difference in the world."

"He's a very widely popular person among Republicans," Fauci continued. "If he came out and said, 'Go and get vaccinated. It's really important for your health, the health of your family and the health of the country,' it seems absolutely inevitable that the vast majority of people who are his close followers would listen to him."

His responding to a question then becomes, Fauci stated Trump wouldn't endorse the vaccine. But that's a wrong assumption if true because it's in response to a question, not a statement of fact.
March 19th, 2021 at 5:58:05 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

Restaurant in Denton, TX.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 19th, 2021 at 6:12:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Which returns to my original point that Fauci either lied or simply made an incorrect statement. Either way, pointing out that Trump encouraged people to take the vaccine in a speech prior to Fauci saying that Trump should encourage people to take the vaccine is valid.

There is no doubt Trump intentionally lies
but
Do you seriously believe Fauci has intentionally lied about this virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2021 at 7:58:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
As a third Covid wave hits Europe, where 872,000 Covid deaths have been reported so far, Paris and half of Italy are back in lockdown.

They’re in their third wave, while here in the U.S, cities and states are lifting lockdown rules as the rate of new cases has fallen 80%, and daily deaths have fallen from 4,400 to 1,200.

Making matters worse, for the Europeans, their supply of vaccines is low, and the vaccination percentage rates in every major European nation, except the UK, are in the single digits.

The U.S. is defeating the pandemic with three vaccines, and hundreds of thousands of additional U.S. deaths have been avoided, thanks to President Trump.

He was the only world leader that had the foresight to invest in multiple vaccines, and contract for one billion vaccines with six pharmaceutical companies, before any vaccine was even developed.
March 19th, 2021 at 8:08:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
The U.S. is defeating the pandemic with three vaccines, and hundreds of thousands of additional U.S. deaths have been avoided, thanks to President Trump.

No, Trump Doesn’t Deserve Credit For Planning Vaccine Distribution
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 19th, 2021 at 8:25:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

We count our deaths in the hundreds of thousands
Republic of China did not need a vaccine
10 dead, thats how you defeat a virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2021 at 8:51:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288

No Plan?

Only five weeks after the FDA issued emergency use authorization for the Pfizer vaccine, the US was already vaccinating 1.5 million people per day by the time Biden was inaugurated. Nearly two million per day, only days later.