No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 13th, 2021 at 4:15:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Frankly, I think Biden has been more than gracious to the guy who still keeps telling his supporters Biden stole the election from him.

Trump can buy a trophy and shove it up his own ass in the meantime.

You mean like how the left demanded a prosecutor because they insisted Trump stole the election from them?
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2021 at 5:52:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Older son, 31, in Florida, just drove to Jacksonville from Gainesville, walked into a vaccination center and got J and J shot. He qualified by working for the University of Florida. He had a choice of J and J and Pfizer. Took the single shot rather than having to make the long drive a second time.
Younger son , 27, will get Pfizer on Monday here in Buffalo. Wife and 1 stepdaughter get second Pfizer shot in two weeks. Last stepdaughter doesn't qualify yet, generally is disinterested in the shot as a result of silly conspiracy theories. We believe she will accept J and J shot once she becomes eligible. I'm fully vaccinated with Moderna.

Biden has purchased enough vaccine to vaccinate all 700 million Americans..... because there are no repercussions for such largesse.... If you can't see the writing on the wall that some untold hundreds of millions of shots will be donated to what Trump called 'shithole' countries, then you don't see the wall.....

Probably good policy, because since illegal immigration from these countries will soar under Biden, might as well have them vaccinated before they get here....
March 13th, 2021 at 6:14:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
O

Biden has purchased enough vaccine to vaccinate all 700 million Americans..... because there are no repercussions for such largesse.... If you can't see the writing on the wall that some untold hundreds of millions of shots will be donated to what Trump called 'shithole' countries, then you don't see the wall.....

The complex must be fed.

Meanwhile BTC tapping on $60K right in time for the next so-called stimulus. A person who put their first check to BTC would have like $20000 now.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2021 at 7:20:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Older son, 31, in Florida, just drove to Jacksonville from Gainesville, walked into a vaccination center and got J and J shot. He qualified by working for the University of Florida. He had a choice of J and J and Pfizer. Took the single shot rather than having to make the long drive a second time.
Younger son , 27, will get Pfizer on Monday here in Buffalo. Wife and 1 stepdaughter get second Pfizer shot in two weeks. Last stepdaughter doesn't qualify yet, generally is disinterested in the shot as a result of silly conspiracy theories. We believe she will accept J and J shot once she becomes eligible. I'm fully vaccinated with Moderna.

Nevada just opened it up for all hospitality workers which includes Gaming employees. I am scheduled for my first shot on Tuesday. It is a little further away than I would like, but I am willing to travel 20 minutes to get it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 13th, 2021 at 8:01:24 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tanko
Great opening!.

"Good evening my fellow Americans. To light, I'd like to talk to you about where we are,...."

2:30. Claimed more Covid deaths than WW1, WW2 Vietnam and 9-11 combined. Not true.

8:30 "Two months ago, this country didn’t have enough vaccines to vaccinate all of the American public. Soon we will. We’ve been working with manufacturers to purchase hundreds of millions of doses of these three vaccines."

That was all Trump. On December 18, Trump announced the purchase of 100 million more vaccines from Moderna, and on December 23rd, he announced the purchase of 100 million more from Pfizer.

Prior to that, Trump contracted with drug makers for one billion vaccines, while they were still in clinical trial.

Pfizer-BioNTech: 100 million doses
Moderna: 100 million doses
Johnson & Johnson: 100 million doses
AstraZeneca: 300 million doses
Novavax: 100 million doses
Sanofi-GlaxoSmithKline: 100 million doses

“That was the whole approach of Operation Warp Speed,” said Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. “Not knowing which one would cross the finish line, the Trump administration took a portfolio approach and invested in multiple vaccines.”

9:45 “Now, because of all the work we’ve done, we’ll have enough vaccines for everyone in America by the end of May."

He’s taking credit for Trump’s work. Those are the vaccines ordered by Trump in December.

That's as far as I got. Like watching paint dry.

Fact Checks:

Politifact

Politifact

Politifact

Let's go Brandon
March 13th, 2021 at 8:25:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
We already know about BDS
Biden is President. Its now the Biden plan. Thats how it works
Curious
What side are conservatives here on

Republican voters support 1.9 tril package
Republican congress against
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 13th, 2021 at 8:26:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
We already know about BDS
Biden is President. Its now the Biden plan. Thats how it works
Curious
What side are conservatives here on

Republican voters support 1.9 tril package
Republican congress against

Libertarian, generally against. I'd probably be fine with some components of it were I to read the whole thing.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 13th, 2021 at 10:54:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Mission146
Libertarian, generally against. I'd probably be fine with some components of it were I to read the whole thing.

Actually, I'm about a quarter of the way through reading the bill (a little at a time) and I'm beginning to think there is a good case to be made for Universal Basic Income.

That is, of course, if you eliminate virtually every other Federal program related to education, welfare, social programs, healthcare, the arts and humanities...etc, etc, etc.

Just the administrative expense allocations for these various things would be well more than enough to support innumerable Americans financially.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 13th, 2021 at 10:58:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman

That is, of course, if you eliminate virtually every other Federal program related to education, welfare, social programs, healthcare, the arts and humanities...etc, etc, etc.

Won't happen. Because they will say how women with kids need more or some group needs more. They will just push to put it on top of everything else.

And again, it cannot work.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2021 at 11:04:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Actually, I'm about a quarter of the way through reading the bill (a little at a time) and I'm beginning to think there is a good case to be made for Universal Basic Income.

Just the administrative expense allocations for these various things would be well more than enough to support innumerable Americans financially.

How much more in taxes are you personally willing to pay to bring in UBI Mission?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin