1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 13th, 2021 at 6:08:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
This is all true. As soon as it is implemented, Bernie will ask... how can anyone live on just $12k a year? We will have to supplement the UBI for those that do not work. What.... you've bred 8 kids but don't have a job (or father in the picture) let's bump that with 'child additional UBI' or whatever they will call it. It is another bald faced lie that the proponents of UBI say that UBI will have it paid for by the elimination of other poverty type payments.

Well, to be clear, that's why I don't actually support UBI. I'm just saying that I could be convinced to support a Federal UBI if it meant that every other Federal Entitlement Program, all Federal Education spending, all Federal Medicaid spending, the entire U.S. Housing and Urban Development Department, Endowments for the Humanities and Arts, all Federal college grants, the Environmental Protection Agency, The Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Homeland Security, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NASA and USDA Rural Development are all completely eliminated.

That's just to name a few. There are also many departments that would remain and do some pretty bare bones things, but would be gutted.

I'm just talking hypothetically about UBI. I'll never support it because, as you guys point out, there aren't going to be accompanying cuts in other areas.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2021 at 4:40:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I can make it work with math. I take the budgets of a wide variety of Federal programs and subtract them by 100%, I then sum up everything that came from those subtractions and distribute that sum equally to people below a certain income.

But you only making it work with huge deficits. Lets make a simpler example.

You are in a room with 100 people. You have unlimited power to tax them. You have $0 in your possession. Nobody can exit or enter the room. You are not among the 100 people, so you need not contribute to the pool, nor may you skim off any funds for yourself.

Now, explain to me how you give everyone $1 without first taking $100 out of their collective possession.

I will wait for the math.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2021 at 5:27:27 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Watched more of the Obama puppet speech.

12:40 When I came into office, you may recall, I set a goal that many of you said was way over the top. I said I intended to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days in office.

On the day he was sworn in they were already vaccinating one million people every day. So, no, not ‘way over the top’.

Again, taking credit for Trump’s work.

5:40 “Vicious hate crimes against Asian Americans who have been harassed, attacked and scape goated....” They are forced to live in fear, just walking down the streets in America.

Must be those white suprematist Trump supporters responsible for more than 3,000 attacks against Asians in the past year. Got it.

Who are the attackers? And where are the attacks occurring? Almost exclusively Blacks, in heavily Democrat cities.

Attacks against Asians in NYC, are up 900% this past year. Probably higher, since many of the Chinese are here illegally, and are afraid to report an attack.

March 14th, 2021 at 6:02:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Must be those white suprematist Trump supporters responsible for more than 3,000 attacks against Asians in the past year. Got it.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2021 at 7:22:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
But you only making it work with huge deficits. Lets make a simpler example.

You are in a room with 100 people. You have unlimited power to tax them. You have $0 in your possession. Nobody can exit or enter the room. You are not among the 100 people, so you need not contribute to the pool, nor may you skim off any funds for yourself.

Now, explain to me how you give everyone $1 without first taking $100 out of their collective possession.

I will wait for the math.

It seems that your posts will continue to completely ignore any point that I attempt to make on this one, so I'm not going to bother other than to say we already HAVE huge deficits and I am simply talking about distributing the money that is already being taken directly to the American people who income-qualify as opposed to what those funds are presently going to.

I would concede the point were I saying I'd be in favor of it via additional taxation, but that's not what I'm saying at all.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2021 at 7:26:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Watched more of the Obama puppet speech.

12:40 When I came into office, you may recall, I set a goal that many of you said was way over the top. I said I intended to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days in office.

On the day he was sworn in they were already vaccinating one million people every day. So, no, not ‘way over the top’.

Again, taking credit for Trump’s work.

5:40 “Vicious hate crimes against Asian Americans who have been harassed, attacked and scape goated....” They are forced to live in fear, just walking down the streets in America.

Who are the attackers? And where are the attacks occurring? Almost exclusively Blacks, in heavily Democrat cities.

Attacks against Asians in NYC, are up 900% this past year. Probably higher, since many of the Chinese are here illegally, and are afraid to report an attack.

From your video:

"...blames, in part, anti-Asian rhetoric surrounding the pandemic."

Gee, I wonder where that rhetoric started. I can't quite remember.

Your posted source, not mine.
March 14th, 2021 at 8:22:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Remember all the attacks on Koreans in the 1992 LA Riots? Blacks were attacking the Koreans because the Koreans had the nerve to work 16 hour days in bodegas servicing the black neighborhoods. Not a ton has changed, just the media claiming my saying "china virus" is causing them to attack.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2021 at 9:31:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember all the attacks on Koreans in the 1992 LA Riots? Blacks were attacking the Koreans because the Koreans had the nerve to work 16 hour days in bodegas servicing the black neighborhoods. Not a ton has changed, just the media claiming my saying "china virus" is causing them to attack.

I don't think the media is suggesting that you, personally, saying, "China virus," has much of an impact on anything. The media is likely referring to that retard who you voted for twice. Hell, even China Virus you can make the argument is not overtly-divisive language, since that's where it originated...it's when you start saying things like, "Kung-Flu," that it becomes pretty undeniable.
March 14th, 2021 at 10:02:16 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
I don't think the media is suggesting that you, personally, saying, "China virus," has much of an impact on anything. The media is likely referring to that retard who you voted for twice. Hell, even China Virus you can make the argument is not overtly-divisive language, since that's where it originated...it's when you start saying things like, "Kung-Flu," that it becomes pretty undeniable.

How short are memories are. It started when Trump had the nerve to shut down travel from China very early in the pandemic and opponents called him a racist. You don't remember people marching the in streets in support of the Chinese (really marching in opposition to Trump). His vision of what might be coming if travel wasn't shut down was crystal clear then. But of course the MSM has already been able to rewrite the truth with the anti Trump message.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 14th, 2021 at 10:07:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
How short are memories are. It started when Trump had the nerve to shut down travel from China very early in the pandemic and opponents called him a racist. You don't remember people marching the in streets in support of the Chinese (really marching in opposition to Trump). His vision of what might be coming if travel wasn't shut down was crystal clear then. But of course the MSM has already been able to rewrite the truth with the anti Trump message.

Okay, so calling him a racist for shutting down travel from China was also a stupid thing to do. So what? Shutting down travel from China was at least arguably a reasonable thing to do given what we knew about the situation. Calling the virus the, "Kung-Flu," as the President of the United States, is indefensible.