No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 16th, 2020 at 1:46:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's a really nice composition.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2020 at 2:43:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
How many people can die in your city per month before the government steps in and enforces some restrictions to save lives?
Az. has the lowest amount of testing in the country. When our Governor enacted closures after many states already had, it just looked like he was going through the motions to appease? They closed restaurants, bars, theater's and salons. Other than that, it seemed pretty voluntary. The necessary's remain open, grocery, hardware etc.

Calif. shut down, and the traffic here heavily increased with Californians escaping. Comments in the local blab had locals all up and bothered about party houses and crowding at the boat ramps, hoarding of tp and masks. Really a pretty sad response, but come Monday, I don't know of anything closed?

We have social distancing at the grocery with one way aisle's and about half wearing masks. Still the vast majority of deaths here were in one to two old folks homes. This city has a population consisting of 1/3 of the people over the age of 64. That alone made me think we would have more casualty's. We will see if the numbers start going up. This part of America will be one of the last vestiges of business first at any cost. The good ole boy network is alive and in control here.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 16th, 2020 at 3:00:49 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
Nevada's numbers of testing are pretty lame as well. And more importantly, all states are doing the wrong testing. They should be testing for antibodies. That reveals who has HAD the virus and recovered. I mean it might be 20-25% of the population has had the damn virus and was either symptomatic, minor symptoms, or recovered.

If that is the case then the death rates and real danger areas are much lower. Higher than the seasonal flu, but not the crisis where everything has to shut down. You could get back to some sense of normalcy, and try to protect the most vulnerable. Huge gatherings like sporting events would still be a problem.

Of course the problem is those antibody tests that they have now and were approved too quickly aren't worth squat. There is a 15-20% false reading or error rate.
May 16th, 2020 at 3:27:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kewlj
Nevada's numbers of testing are pretty lame as well. And more importantly, all states are doing the wrong testing. They should be testing for antibodies. That reveals who has HAD the virus and recovered. I mean it might be 20-25% of the population has had the damn virus and was either symptomatic, minor symptoms, or recovered.

If that is the case then the death rates and real danger areas are much lower. Higher than the seasonal flu, but not the crisis where everything has to shut down. You could get back to some sense of normalcy, and try to protect the most vulnerable. Huge gatherings like sporting events would still be a problem.

Of course the problem is those antibody tests that they have now and were approved too quickly aren't worth squat. There is a 15-20% false reading or error rate.

I'm really waiting to see how the numbers here in Florida look after the next 3 weeks. There really has been an overall change in behavior recently. If infections stay down it could be one of three things. A lot more people already had it, or people are still practicing the right things, or a combination of both.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2020 at 4:45:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I'm really waiting to see how the numbers here in Florida look after the next 3 weeks. There really has been an overall change in behavior recently. If infections stay down it could be one of three things. A lot more people already had it, or people are still practicing the right things, or a combination of both.

Add weather as well. These viruses do not survive well in the heat. Might be enough of a help to mitigate the damage
May 16th, 2020 at 5:39:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
"Thirteen sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive again for Covid-19 after recovering from the disease and returning to the ship"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 16th, 2020 at 7:16:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
Add weather as well. These viruses do not survive well in the heat. Might be enough of a help to mitigate the damage
How high of heat?

https://www.eldoradoweather.com/climate/world-extremes2/world-temp-rainfall-extremes.php

There is plenty of Covid19 in North Africa?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 16th, 2020 at 11:58:52 PM permalink
rxwine
This 46 year old doctor was sick for almost 3 months. Was on a ventilator for 34 days. Still was dying, so they got him on ECMO machine (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation)

Even if that procedure would save more lives, odds are one won't be available.

Quote:
The entire team needs special training and coordination to provide this kind of care on an around-the-clock basis for an average of 5 to 7 days and occasionally up to 3 weeks per patient. ECMO costs $5,000 to $10,000 per day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-46-year-old-doctor-who-was-critically-ill-made-startling-recovery/ar-BB14bySm?ocid=spartanntp
May 17th, 2020 at 4:45:17 PM permalink
kewlj
Quote: Dalex64
"Thirteen sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive again for Covid-19 after recovering from the disease and returning to the ship"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

I have been following this story for a few day and find it very disturbing.

Of course I have had the virus, gotten moderately, but not severely sick, and now fully recovered, so I was hoping at least I get the benefit of some period of immunity going forward. But each and every day that seems less certain.

There was an earlier similar story out of South Korea, a country that did a good job of getting a hold of the virus early on and limiting spread. But there was a report of a number of people that had contracted the virus and recovered and then contracted the virus a second time. This South Korean story was early on, like March or beginning of April and some of the medical /scientific people sort of dismissed it saying maybe the people hadn't entirely recovered and it just flared back up as this virus is known to do. But this story of the sailors on the USS Theodore Roosevelt really raises questions.
May 17th, 2020 at 4:45:40 PM permalink
kewlj
duplicate

(so here is why I am having so much problems with duplicate posts on this forum. The edit and reply buttons are backwards from the forum I last participated at. So after I post, I like to go back, read my post and make any correction like grammar and spelling as best I can. So I keep hitting what I think is the edit button based on where it was on my last forum, but it turns out to be the reply button. So I make my changes and save and it turns out I have replied to my original post.

So next, I go back and try to delete the "corrected post" but this forum won't allow me to delete, so I am stuck with a duplicate post).

My apologizes for my continued stupidity. I'll get the hang of it. lol