1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 5th, 2020 at 1:55:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek
900 Missouri residents who ‘snitched’ on lockdown rule-breakers fear retaliation after details leaked online

Snitches get stitches......

You can bet these are the same people who call the HOA on any little silly thing.

It amazes me how many Americans are practically begging the government to take away their rights & freedom and their neighbors right & freedom. It's downright scary man.

I remember reading in the history books that some people opposed the Founding Fathers and the American revolution back in the day. More recently, lots of Germans did nothing to stop the Nazis. I remember thinking to myself, "how could that happen?!?!"

I had a German History prof who met people who lived back then and he asked the same thing. They told him it was a very slow process. You went along with this then with that. Eventually you were living in a fascist police state.

Note how this went. First days it was restaurants had to super sanitize and travel restricted. Then stay at home. Then masks required. People defending the restrictions every step of the way. To protest alone you have no chance. Now at least we have a critical mass protesting.

Bans on "gatherings" are one of the signposts to a police state. Prohibit people from meeting in groups means ideas are hard to spread and organizing is impossible. People are so scared they cheer that freedom taken away.

Limbaugh reported some article today saying how Democrats are more worried about the china virus than Republicans. Not a surprise, Democrats are always more worried about whatever scare the media is pumping at the moment all my life. Republicans all seem more worried about loss of freedom and a depression. The later is far more likely to affect more of the population.

Yes encouraging restaurants to clean properly (you would be surprised how dirty some are) and social distancing and mask wearing is surely a sign of America becoming Nazi Germany.....

I find it ironic how outraged people are for being encouraged to do what you should be doing everyday anyway.

"I have to sanitize my hands before entering the super market how long before the trains start sending people to camps!!!'

As for being forced to wear a mask.... Only seven states legally require masks....
And, if state rights are your big thing, that should be their right for their state to enact if they want it?

I have not yet been in a state that mandates one (and I have actually traveled quite a bit, not by choice since this started) so I can't say from experience, in GA everything is pretty normal.... Though most people wear masks and social distance because it is wise....

As for "banning gatherings" the limit of 10 people was actually Trump's idea..... Though most states have not adopted it..... In fact most of the guidance that you don't like was put out by Trump ( "Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and public food courts" ......)
May 5th, 2020 at 2:42:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Due to some plant closures, Wendy's in the North East was reporting a beef shortage.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2020 at 3:07:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, a very big
deal in Calif. Lots of outdoor crowd
activities.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2020 at 3:10:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Yes encouraging restaurants to clean properly (you would be surprised how dirty some are) and social distancing and mask wearing is surely a sign of America becoming Nazi Germany.....

It sure is not a sign we are becoming more free. Wake up!

Quote:
As for being forced to wear a mask.... Only seven states legally require masks....
And, if state rights are your big thing, that should be their right for their state to enact if they want it?

No, because I am also a citizens rights person. Meaning we should not be forced to wear useless masks.

Quote:
As for "banning gatherings" the limit of 10 people was actually Trump's idea..... Though most states have not adopted it..... In fact most of the guidance that you don't like was put out by Trump ( "Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and public food courts" ......)

As usual, you miss the point that I do not care where the idea came from, it is a bad sign. And it is my and other Democrat governors doing it, not someone on Trump's team. See like libs say Obamacare came from Romneycare, it does not matter. Banning gatherings should be very, very disturbing to people who are not sheep.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2020 at 3:40:23 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, a very big
deal in Calif. Lots of outdoor crowd
activities.
Did they move that to the sixth?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 5th, 2020 at 4:31:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph

Oops.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2020 at 4:45:28 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Gandler

Isn't he like 25 years old? That would explain his inane posts. He's like a first year law student who acts like he's on the supreme court. 🙄
May 5th, 2020 at 4:57:07 PM permalink
Gandler

No, because I am also a citizens rights person. Meaning we should not be forced to wear useless masks.

As usual, you miss the point that I do not care where the idea came from, it is a bad sign. And it is my and other Democrat governors doing it, not someone on Trump's team. See like libs say Obamacare came from Romneycare, it does not matter. Banning gatherings should be very, very disturbing to people who are not sheep.

1. Masks are not useless.

2. Very few states are forcing masks, and those that do have good reasons to.

3. The guidance issuance does matter, because you constantly say that the idea was a "libbie" idea. When pointed out that it is Trump's your response is always it does not matter who it came from "libbies are making worse"....

Romney care was great and revolutionary for its time, and I bet you supported it when the MA Rs rallied on it....
But, once Obama wanted to scale a Federal version, it suddenly became awful (even though it was from a conservative think tank)....
I am sure your response will be "well state rights" it makes more sense on a state level than a federal level..... (which you will miss the irony).

I am not missing the point, I am pointing out the hypocrosy.
Nobody is banning gatherings (look at the endless waves of conservative mobbing with guns and no masks because they can't go to the playground for a few weeks....)
May 5th, 2020 at 4:58:07 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph

He lost the ability to use the forum date feature.
May 5th, 2020 at 5:06:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
30 million unemployed and the Dow soars.

Shows what a horrible indicator of the economy the stock market is and why certain politicians are stupid to base their decisions on it.

Generally agree. The unemployed is overridden by the trillions that the government has given to companies to prop up the companies, and the market as well. Interest rates are so low that investors, if they even want a chance at any return, have the stock market as the only viable choice. To get 1% interest safely you would need to have a term of at least 5 years now.

By 'certain' politicians I assume you are including virtually all politicians?