costs $5000 for a 10 day treatment.
HDQ is $15 and has been around since
the 30's and is made by everybody.
Which do you think big pharm is
pushing.

And just like I said, Dr Foochi is a shill
for big pharm. He's just a tool, big
surprise.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 6th, 2020 at 9:53:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AcesAndEights
Not true, plenty of online savings banks still paying in the 1.5% range. E.g. Barclays:
https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/online-savings.html
Cap One 360 and others are similar. These are FDIC-insured so very safe. However, they do adjust the rates periodically and there is some lag to the Fed adjustments. So they will be going down, the only question is how fast...

My Vanguard money market fund where I generally keep our emergency fund cash has dropped to 0.63%....tempting to open up one of these online savings accounts (I've had them in the past). However, the convenience of having the cash in the same place as my stock investments will probably win out over the couple hundred bucks in interest I might gain over a full year.

I once did one of those high initial rate (LOL that I consider 1.5% high...) bank accounts, and after a few months it was back down to a pittance. Credit card/bank account AP now gets you around 2%, some offers more, some less. I'm getting 6x points now at supermarkets, 5x points at gas stations, 5% cash back on a different card on certain purchases, this after initial sign up bonuses of $250, 25,000 miles, free hotel nights, etc...

They count on you not moving your money due to convenience. It works on you. In the past it worked on me. I'm trying to get better at the game...
May 6th, 2020 at 10:43:19 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I once did one of those high initial rate (LOL that I consider 1.5% high...) bank accounts, and after a few months it was back down to a pittance. Credit card/bank account AP now gets you around 2%, some offers more, some less. I'm getting 6x points now at supermarkets, 5x points at gas stations, 5% cash back on a different card on certain purchases, this after initial sign up bonuses of $250, 25,000 miles, free hotel nights, etc...

They count on you not moving your money due to convenience. It works on you. In the past it worked on me. I'm trying to get better at the game...

The account I linked and the similar accounts aren't promotional rates that expire after a fixed time. They do adjust them based on the Fed rate, but there's no cliff after a year or some other arbitrary time period.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
May 6th, 2020 at 10:45:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
“Novel coronavirus deaths in the United States rose by 1,015 in the past 24 hours, a tally by Johns Hopkins University showed Monday — the lowest one-day figure in a month,”
https://gulfnews.com/world/americas/covid-19-us-coronavirus-deaths-rise-by-1015-in-24-hours-lowest-in-a-month-1.1588644542554

You won't see that on CNN, they
want the lockdown till after the
election.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 6th, 2020 at 10:48:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody else following the stories about
HDQ, the malaria drug, and Redesaqueer
or whatever it's called? Doc's in countries
all over the world are reporting fantastic
results with HDQ. But in the US the press
is totally ignoring it. Why? Redosaqueer
pushing.

surprise.

Big Pharm is against it because of no profit, lefties are against it because Trump said something good about it.

Foochi not worth listening to on the matter. How many decades since he has seen a patient?
The President is a fink.
May 6th, 2020 at 10:48:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Anybody else following the stories about
HDQ, the malaria drug, and Redesaqueer
or whatever it's called? Doc's in countries
all over the world are reporting fantastic
results with HDQ. But in the US the press
is totally ignoring it. Why? Redosaqueer
pushing.

surprise.

Big Pharm is against it because of no profit, lefties are against it because Trump said something good about it.

Foochi not worth listening to on the matter. How many decades since he has seen a patient?
The President is a fink.
May 6th, 2020 at 11:59:03 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC

Wishing someone actual harm is just not something that I think is right.

But yet, you are prepared to vote for somebody who suggested Hillary Clinton be assassinated.

Voting for somebody who wishes death on his political opponents is also not right. In fact, it's downright disgusting and the problem with America today, that so many people find this acceptable. All because they want to "own the libs". Completely debased themselves of any moral convictions they once had....IF they had any to begin with.

#thanksMAGAts
May 6th, 2020 at 12:17:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Bout time.

Michigan House, Senate Sue Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Over State of Emergency Extension

"Only the Legislature has the power to extend the state of emergency,” House Speaker Lee Chatfield (R-Levering) told reporters on Wednesday, adding the law is “very clear."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/06/republican-whitmer-emergency-powers/5174317002/
May 6th, 2020 at 12:32:14 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Bout time.

Michigan House, Senate Sue Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Over State of Emergency Extension

"Only the Legislature has the power to extend the state of emergency,” House Speaker Lee Chatfield (R-Levering) told reporters on Wednesday, adding the law is “very clear."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/06/republican-whitmer-emergency-powers/5174317002/

"Big Beaver" has always been one of my favorite road names...
May 6th, 2020 at 12:49:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Bout time.

Do you honestly think anything will come of this lawsuit before the state of emergency expires in a few weeks?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman