No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 5th, 2020 at 3:18:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
900 Missouri residents who ‘snitched’ on lockdown rule-breakers fear retaliation after details leaked online

Snitches get stitches......

You can bet these are the same people who call the HOA on any little silly thing.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2020 at 4:26:02 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Last night Laura Ingraham had a long expose on
the use of the malaria drug on the virus. She had
doctor after doctor after doctor, who all together
have treated thousands of patients with fantastic
success using the malaria drug. None of them can
figure out where the media is getting these doctors
that're saying they're getting results killing
patients. All these doctors are seeing the opposite.
It's almost like there's a plot out there do trash
talk the usage of this drug to keep the pandemic
going for as long as possible.

I trust my vegas doc who from the beginning said Remdesivir was the drug he was prescribing. He gets no financial benefit from prescribing one drug over the other.

But he, just like any doc on the front lines, does not see enough patients to be sure what is working or not. If a single doc has taken care of 500 COVID-19 patients, remember, likely 450 of them would have gotten better with my grandma's chicken soup. So when 1 of those 450 made a 'miraculous' recovery after taking a drug, the doctor might want to feel good about his choice of treatment. The 1 that got better with no drug treatment is well, just lucky.....

As far as killing patients, I'll agree with you. The QT segment prolongation that is the bad side effect is common among many drugs used in anesthesia today. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I do think it is overblown as far as the risk of harm from it.

I think if I get sick I would ask for both Remdesivir and chloroquin. DEFINITELY Remdesivir, and I would allow the doctor taking care of me to convince me not to take chloroquin if he felt strongly....
May 5th, 2020 at 4:46:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
I trust my vegas doc who from the beginning said Remdesivir was the drug he was prescribing. He gets no financial benefit from prescribing one drug over the other.

But he, just like any doc on the front lines, does not see enough patients to be sure what is working or not. If a single doc has taken care of 500 COVID-19 patients, remember, likely 450 of them would have gotten better with my grandma's chicken soup. So when 1 of those 450 made a 'miraculous' recovery after taking a drug, the doctor might want to feel good about his choice of treatment. The 1 that got better with no drug treatment is well, just lucky.....

As far as killing patients, I'll agree with you. The QT segment prolongation that is the bad side effect is common among many drugs used in anesthesia today. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I do think it is overblown as far as the risk of harm from it.

I think if I get sick I would ask for both Remdesivir and chloroquin. DEFINITELY Remdesivir, and I would allow the doctor taking care of me to convince me not to take chloroquin if he felt strongly....

We'd obviously like to find a drug that knocks the disease down in a huge way if you got it and the vaccine to prevent it, but right now we are more in the mode of using what we have to keep people from getting too deep into the disease. The mortality rate is high for those who end up on ventilators. Real doctors are trying everything in their power to keep people from dying including keeping people who might have been put on ventilators a month or so ago off of them. It is great to have academic studies and professional articles written, but right now doctors are trying everything they can to save patients.

Sometimes the thing that keeps someone from dying may be drug(s) that help just a little bit...because they don't allow the patient to get to where there is no other way but the ventilator.

The doctors need to keep working the way the are to do the best for the patients; the scientists and researchers need to take the outcomes we are getting, do their studies, and help us down the road to "later"...which will hopefully be better.
May 5th, 2020 at 7:49:44 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"Canadian seniors are suffering the most from COVID-19, with 79 per cent of all deaths in the country now connected to long-term care and seniors’ homes."

The above quote is from the Globe and Mail a major Canadian newspaper reporting the stat from Health Canada. It is dated May 4/20. It is time to accept the reality that most people are not at huge risk. Canada has had about 800 deaths outside of care facilities.

This opens up a very politically incorrect debate on the whether we are putting society at risk by keeping people alive past the time that nature would have them die. Before you all shout at me remember I am a senior myself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 5th, 2020 at 10:58:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The stock market is amazingly trying to get back to where it was
I'm amazed
Good thing I don't know jack about investing and simply left my IRA alone
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2020 at 11:01:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
The stock market is amazingly trying to get back to where it was
I'm amazed
Good thing I don't know jack about investing and simply left my IRA alone

30 million unemployed and the Dow soars.

Shows what a horrible indicator of the economy the stock market is and why certain politicians are stupid to base their decisions on it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2020 at 11:41:56 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
900 Missouri residents who ‘snitched’ on lockdown rule-breakers fear retaliation after details leaked online

You can bet these are the same people who call the HOA on any little silly thing.

It amazes me how many Americans are practically begging the government to take away their rights & freedom and their neighbors right & freedom. It's downright scary man.

I remember reading in the history books that some people opposed the Founding Fathers and the American revolution back in the day. More recently, lots of Germans did nothing to stop the Nazis. I remember thinking to myself, "how could that happen?!?!"

Well, I'm seeing the same type of mentality right before my very eyes

Hell, I was driving down the highway today and saw a woman in her car by herself and she was wearing a mask!! LOL!!!

Just goes to show you what kind of sheep we're dealing with....... 🙄
May 5th, 2020 at 12:00:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
30 million unemployed and the Dow soars.

Why wouldn't it. Nothing in the
economy is 'broken', everything
is still there. What always breaks
economies are bank failures,
like in the Depression and 2008.
Bank's are the backbone, and they
just got billions of dollars deposited
in customer stimulus money with
more on the way. No mortgage
defaults in the crisis, why wouldn't
the market soar. I'm getting credit
card offers up the butt lately, another
sign of nothing failing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2020 at 12:15:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
NYT is reporting that Donny is winding down the coronavirus task force by the end of May.

No word yet if they’ll be getting that big Mission Accomplished banner out of storage.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2020 at 12:18:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Shrek
Quote: AZDuffman

It amazes me how many Americans are practically begging the government to take away their rights & freedom and their neighbors right & freedom. It's downright scary man.

I remember reading in the history books that some people opposed the Founding Fathers and the American revolution back in the day. More recently, lots of Germans did nothing to stop the Nazis. I remember thinking to myself, "how could that happen?!?!"

I had a German History prof who met people who lived back then and he asked the same thing. They told him it was a very slow process. You went along with this then with that. Eventually you were living in a fascist police state.

Note how this went. First days it was restaurants had to super sanitize and travel restricted. Then stay at home. Then masks required. People defending the restrictions every step of the way. To protest alone you have no chance. Now at least we have a critical mass protesting.

Bans on "gatherings" are one of the signposts to a police state. Prohibit people from meeting in groups means ideas are hard to spread and organizing is impossible. People are so scared they cheer that freedom taken away.

Limbaugh reported some article today saying how Democrats are more worried about the china virus than Republicans. Not a surprise, Democrats are always more worried about whatever scare the media is pumping at the moment all my life. Republicans all seem more worried about loss of freedom and a depression. The later is far more likely to affect more of the population.
The President is a fink.