No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 6th, 2020 at 6:24:11 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
WOW, you REALLY are begging for your freedoms to be taken away!

Yep, sad isn't it? He reminds me of those Germans you were talking about in a previous post.

It's funny because just a few short months ago, any libbie would have said "No way would the government ever shut the country down."
Then it happened!!

Now we have a libbie saying "The lockdown is no big deal....the state knows what's best."
Jesus H. Christ......this libbie will never learn. 🙄
May 6th, 2020 at 6:25:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: RonC
...and he was wrong, just as anyone who wishes for further economic collapse or wishes diseases on people they disagree with is wrong.

Why is it "wrong" to wish bad things on people that you don'tlike or don't agree with?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 6th, 2020 at 6:26:48 AM permalink
Shrek
...and he was wrong, just as anyone who wishes for further economic collapse or wishes diseases on people they disagree with is wrong.

lol don't listen to him 😂

None of the good guys on this board ever talked about "wiping out" anyone, anything, or any city. He's just making stuff up like most libbies do. Libbies do that crap all the time. 🙄

He's the same guy who wished for the death of another human being which is despicable. Soopoo saw it too.
That's why I had to block his ass.......... 👍👍 🤣
May 6th, 2020 at 6:29:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
Why is it "wrong" to wish bad things on people that you don'tlike or don't agree with?

Yikes.

Would you say the Holocaust was a good or a bad thing?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 6th, 2020 at 6:42:52 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Yikes.

It's a sad day that the right is rallying around somebody who was suspended for making comments in support of bio-terrorism of a city that he finds politically unappealing.

Sad, but not alarming based on behavior. And, sadly mods don't seem to aggressively enforce rules on this board...
May 6th, 2020 at 6:57:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Gandler
It's a sad day that the right is rallying around somebody who was suspended for making comments in support of bio-terrorism of a city that he finds politically unappealing.

Sad, but not alarming based on behavior. And, sadly mods don't seem to aggressively enforce rules on this board...

Who is rallying around him? The whole right? That must be some rally...
May 6th, 2020 at 7:08:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Who is rallying around him? The whole right/ That must be some rally...

I was referring to this board and the members here.
May 6th, 2020 at 7:09:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Yikes.

Of ourse I think it was a tragedy. There is a big difference between wishing bad things on people and actually doing bad things to people.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 6th, 2020 at 7:10:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: DRich

"Bad things" is stretching what was said way too far.

For example, I wish a bad thing happens to Joe Biden this fall. The bad thing isn't a disease, a loss of his wealth or health, or worse...I simply don't want him to be President.

I wish bad things on the Democrats in the election...that they lose.

The remedy for getting rid of people we dislike politically is the elections we have every couple of years.

Wishing someone actual harm is just not something that I think is right. So, wishing disease, death, a economic collapse harming millions to get rid of one guy, etc. are wrong as far as I am concerned.

There are certain exceptions. There a certain evil people that need to have the ability to be continue being evil taken away from them.
May 6th, 2020 at 7:16:41 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Quote: SOOPOO
To get 1% interest safely you would need to have a term of at least 5 years now.

Not true, plenty of online savings banks still paying in the 1.5% range. E.g. Barclays:
https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/online-savings.html
Cap One 360 and others are similar. These are FDIC-insured so very safe. However, they do adjust the rates periodically and there is some lag to the Fed adjustments. So they will be going down, the only question is how fast...

My Vanguard money market fund where I generally keep our emergency fund cash has dropped to 0.63%....tempting to open up one of these online savings accounts (I've had them in the past). However, the convenience of having the cash in the same place as my stock investments will probably win out over the couple hundred bucks in interest I might gain over a full year.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob