No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 4th, 2020 at 10:55:42 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The Epoch Times has been brought up before. They put this documentary together on the origin of Corona virus.

I won't usually watch a lengthy video but after seeing Judy Mikovits at about 6 minutes, it intrigued me to continue seeing what this was about.

Interesting report: https://www.theepochtimes.com/coronavirusfilm?__sta=vhg.hhksexTTTblahudsesq%7CJQI&__stm_medium=email&__stm_source=smartech
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 4th, 2020 at 11:04:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
A very small group may think it is a hoax, but a much larger group is worried about how they will pay the mortgage or rent, buy their food, and other day to day concerns that many average Americans have all the time but are amplified immensely when there is a huge increase in unemployment. They are pushing back against the continued closures and the decisions that their jobs are not "essential" and others--like those of workers at such essential places as the garden center at Lowe's--are. Governors are making decisions on what is essential and, in many cases, their decisions are silly.

So very true. What is also true is many more people than we know probably had it with very minor symptoms. It is looking more and more that the total shutdown was a huge mistake. As was pointed out elsewhere, it was destined not to work in hard hit places like NYC. In less dense places it was not needed.

In the end you should be allowed to make your own decision. We destroyed a great economy and put ourselves on the road to depression for a very exaggerated threat. This might get worse in the future unless the Americans learn they have to accept risk as part of life.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2020 at 11:04:52 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
--leak of document confirmed
--not a WH or CDC document (Johns Hopkins)
--not in line with Dr. Birx projections
--does not take into account continued mitigation efforts

as reported by Fox
May 4th, 2020 at 11:21:42 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Trump has power over these people but instead eggs them on endangering lives.

No, Governors have the power in this case.

I don't know of the power to close down things, other than perhaps in case of an actual war, being ceded to the Federal government:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

--10th Amendment

"The Constitution largely gives states the authority to regulate their own affairs."

https://apnews.com/b6196841a11fcfdb0b8fe7de68453c39

"Fact check: Trump repeats false claim he has power over state coronavirus restrictions, threatens to shut down Congress"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/fact-check-coronavirus-briefing-april-15/index.html

The emergency order interring folks in WW2 was repudiated by the Supreme Court, so there is a bar to the President's power so any order he tried to make ignoring the 10th Amendment would likely have a chance of being struck down:

"...The forcible relocation of Japanese-American citizens to concentration camps was "objectively unlawful""

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/26/623592765/in-travel-ban-ruling-high-court-repudiates-notorious-japanese-internment-case

People in Democrat states are violating the rules, too...big birthday parties, packed beaches, and block parties in California.

Trump's power lies almost exclusively in the bully pulpit. People have been resisting the lock down from the start. The resistance to it grows in both Democrat and Republican areas. He has pushed back against some openings and encouraged others. Amazingly, some of those who oppose him have not been listening to him from the start.

A true "lock down" would have let us get food in grocery stores, have police and fire protection, have medical access, and not much else. we had a selective lock down that favored some businesses over others in the same field.

Who didn't expect people to want out after 45 days, even knowing that there is some risk?
May 4th, 2020 at 11:24:03 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
What does your not liking Trump have to do with this pic?

Or has mentioning Trump replaced crying racism when you have nothing to say or add?

Just reminding the cult members whose watch this is all happening on. You asked for him, you got him.

Maybe take a pass on the conman reality tv show host for president next time, mmkay?

#thanksMAGAts
May 4th, 2020 at 11:25:41 AM permalink
Tripdufan
No, Governors have the power in this case.

Wait wait wait, you mean, the power of the POTUS is not...."absolute"?

I knew I couldn't believe a damn thing that man says. That's kind of an issue during a global pandemic, doncha think?
May 4th, 2020 at 11:26:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

In the end you should be allowed to make your own decision. We destroyed a great economy and put ourselves on the road to depression for a very exaggerated threat. This might get worse in the future unless the Americans learn they have to accept risk as part of life.

And this is worth discussing. Your use of the word 'exaggerated'. Calling the 'scare' a hoax is just plain wrong. Calling it exaggerated may or may not be true. I am in a high risk group, but I am generally agreeing with you now. We are past the point of not having enough ventilators, PPE, so the healthcare system can now handle the extra hospitalizations the opening up of the economy will cause.

10 people will die from drowning in the USA today. You individually will choose to swim or not to swim today.
90 people will die from being in a car accident today. You individually will choose to be in a car or not today.
1000 people will die from smoking related illness today. You individually will choose to smoke or not smoke.
200 people will die today from a drug overdose. You individually will choose to use drugs not prescribed by a doctor. (Or not as prescribed)

We all have been taught 'social distancing' very well by now. Opening up the economy does not mean I do not have to practice social distancing. I do not have to go to the Sabres Stanley Cup finals game. I do not have to go to the packed Trump rally. I do not have to be sweating all over my buddies on the basketball court. Individually, I want the option to choose to do so.
And I am totally comfortable with someone walking around with an N-95 mask, staying home watching the Sabres, just sending Trump a check and not attending his rally, and just shooting baskets alone.

And give me Remdesivir when I get sick!
May 4th, 2020 at 11:33:08 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Tripdufan

I knew I couldn't believe a damn thing that man says. That's kind of an issue during a global pandemic, doncha think?

I said that he overstated his power back then.

It may have been a planned event--claiming powers that aren't there--in order to focus reporters and others who seem to think the power is all his on those who really have the power...or it could have been a dumb statement. Everyone will pick their side on that....
May 4th, 2020 at 11:53:08 AM permalink
Tanko
--leak of document confirmed

Worse case scenario based upon states reopening their economies.

Whatever happened to that predicted massive spread that was supposed to occur when tens of thousands of college students returned from spring break?

Looking at the individual graphs of nations and US States, it peaks at about 40 days before it begins to decline. Even in nations late with social distancing.

Worldwide daily deaths have been declining since mid April.

If the current trend continues, daily deaths here, and in Europe, will fall considerably by mid-June.
May 4th, 2020 at 12:01:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan

And you had better believe we are glad to have him!

What would the alternative be? Hillary? The woman who had her chance at a crisis then blamed a YouTube video and went back to bed?

Have you noticed deaths are 1/10 or less of what was projected?

Trump is doing an AWESOME job in this crisis.

Learn what success looks like.
The President is a fink.