No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 18th, 2020 at 3:25:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Some here have stated, if I understand them correctly, that certain executive orders are unconstitutional. Don't we have a recourse, called the courts, to determine if a law/ruling/order is constitutional or not? Isn't the proper recourse to sue in some fashion if you believe your constitutional rights have been violated?

AZ, please give me what you consider the most egregious example of an unconstitutional order that a Governor has imposed. Thanks.

There are so many! I think MI making it illegal to go from one private house to another is the worst.

As bad are all the orders banning freedom of assembly. That is a flat out signpost to slavery.

States banning you from buying "nonessential" things. Who is to say what is "essential?" I had to buy a computer plug to do my job, in MI that would be a crime I guess.

At least the trend is towards people demonstrating and sheriffs saying "NO!" This week we for sure crossed the line where people are saying enough of this, they want their lives and liveleyhoods back. So there is hope.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2020 at 3:27:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
It's called "FREEDOM."

That's called anarchy

Quote:
I don't recall you being so upset at sanctuary cities protecting illegal aliens.

There is a legal recourse for that, too.

If you support the sherrif in his interpretation of not enforcing an unconstitutional law, you should support those so-called sanctuary cities the same way.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 18th, 2020 at 3:32:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
That's called anarchy

I will take anarchy over tyranny any day of the week.

If you support the sherrif in his interpretation of not enforcing an unconstitutional law, you should support those so-called sanctuary cities the same way.

Defending the borders is constitutional, as is deporting illegal aliens. So no. OTOH, a person has a right to travel to visit someone.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2020 at 3:34:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Gov. Greg Abbott Reopening Texas

Next week, bout time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 3:49:10 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

Defending the borders is constitutional, as is deporting illegal aliens. So no. OTOH, a person has a right to travel to visit someone.

wow, tyranny.

In the state of Michigan, you have a state of emergency issued by the Democrat Governor, which has been lawfully extended by the Republican legislature.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 18th, 2020 at 3:50:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
wow, tyranny.

In the state of Michigan, you have a state of emergency issued by the Democrat Governor, which has been lawfully extended by the Republican legislature.

And Hitler was given power by the Reichstag. Not to mention how many other times in history rights were taken "legally."

You clearly do not understand how rights are lost.

State of Emergency is not a license to shred the Constitution.

OPEN IT UP!
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2020 at 4:09:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Gun stores and hardware stores are open here. Never closed. Gov. Ducey just put up "suggestions" and some stores closed. Other than that people are social distancing down at the lake eating government cheese. Still no tissue or flour.

Several story's about crops wasting in the fields.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 18th, 2020 at 4:23:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Somewhere in a dirt hut, where famine, floods, disease, war are yearly, someone is thinking, "those western countries still have so much. They sure are a whiny lot."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 18th, 2020 at 4:38:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny gonna lose his mind (even more than he already has) when he sees this ad:

Yowza.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 18th, 2020 at 5:36:00 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Quote:

Quote:

No you wouldn't. Nobody who wants anarchy would ever survive in an anarchist society.

Ironically the people who you call militant communists would probably thrive the best with no government because we know how to form organizations that protect ourselves and expand our power (hypothetical).

I know the second comment was not directed at me, but I don't defend sanctuary cities or rogue sheriffs. All people in positions of power need to follow guidance from up top or else they are not doing their duty.

If you want to not follow laws or orders, fine, but don't be a Sheriff.... And, be ready to do the time.