No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 19th, 2020 at 9:42:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
I am willing to not have the rights I want as a price I pay to live in a law based, police protected, civil society.
I hope someday you will be able to do so.
April 19th, 2020 at 11:17:27 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: SOOPOO
My rights are already taken away for the common good. There is a road in nearby Tonawanda, Delaware Avenue, that has a speed limit of 30. It is a wide road, and if you didn't see the signs you would guess the speed limit would be 45 or 50. It is well known as a speed trap, as when the Tonawanda police need to fill their quota they just can sit at any intersection there.
I feel my right to drive at a normal safe speed has been taken away. With no cars within eyesight, I am not allowed to cross the street except at an intersection. I have to wear a seat belt while driving, and there is no way that impacts others. I'm not allowed to pop a lortab if I want to.

I am willing to not have the rights I want as a price I pay to live in a law based, police protected, civil society.
Just move to Singapore it's your dream come true.
April 19th, 2020 at 11:30:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew

I saw a food video where even
people born in Singapore were
saying it's miserable to live there
most of the year because of
the heat and humidity. You know
a place is bad when even the locals
complain.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2020 at 11:41:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: pew

I'm fine with NY. I get to do 99% of what I want to. And am protected from those who would do me harm. As far as EV, living in our presently constructed society is definitely +EV. Not even close.
As I've just said the last few posts, there are certainly some things I am unhappy about, or disagree with. I either accept them and adapt, or work through our political system to get them changed. Maybe the governor saw my news interview about the golf courses and that was what tipped his attitude towards opening?
In general, I feel the USA has a great balance between civil liberties and protecting the overall public. You guys haven't even come close to presenting an argument that would have me think otherwise.
April 19th, 2020 at 11:51:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think there is a general principle here, that the more squashed up you live the more rules you have to have. And vice versa. The hermit living in the middle of nowhere doesn't bother anyone if he wants to play his drum set at 3am, except the disturbed bear who finds and eats him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2020 at 12:35:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I think there is a general principle here, that the more squashed up you live the more rules you have to have. And vice versa. The hermit living in the middle of nowhere doesn't bother anyone if he wants to play his drum set at 3am, except the disturbed bear who finds and eats him.

That is true and makes big problems for places like NY. They would make state laws for downstate problems that were not even an issue north of the Tap. Heck, when I ran the pest control company and we were being investigated for stuff that mainly happened downstate they raided and I mean raided our downstate branches, locking my boss and staff in the sales room of one. They came to see me it was totally civil. I offered them coffee and they just let me pull the files and copy them. My bosses were always amazed we had a "friendly" relationship. Not that we went to the ballgame, but they would sometimes call half off the record or deal with things with a "wink." It was a model of how you should work with regulators.

Downstate they were in near open warfare with the state. Not that they did not deserve it.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2020 at 1:35:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Looks like Actemra may also be a useful drug to treat Coronavirus along with Remdesivir.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2020 at 2:36:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Looks like Actemra may also be a useful drug to treat Coronavirus along with Remdesivir.

Don't forget jakafi. And Leronlimab. And ........
April 19th, 2020 at 7:32:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://theintercept.com/2020/04/19/smithfield-foods-wisconsin-coronavirus/ Better stock up on meat now if you like meat.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/spamalot-no-more-hormel-shutters-plant-amid-covid-19-fears

Going to have to grab some Spam if it's still available.

Smithfield meats is foreign owned,

Older article about contaminated meat: https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/17/yup-80-of-our-beef-comes-from-4-producers.aspx

"Tests showed a basic level of fecal contamination, the kind that can cause blood or urinary tract infections, in 100% (!) of the ground beef. Furthermore, 20% of the meat tested positive for a bacteria that causes a million cases of food poisoning each year. And about 1% contained salmonella,"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 19th, 2020 at 7:52:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Guess we'll have to eat dogs and cats.