No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 18th, 2020 at 8:50:31 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Dalex64
In the state of Michigan, you have a state of emergency issued by the Democrat Governor, which has been lawfully extended by the Republican legislature.
Oh, so when California officials refused to enforce Proposition 8 back in 2008, you opposed that too?

Why do I have such a hard time believing that a libbie like you supported the enforcement of Prop 8 (the ban on gay marriage)??
Hmm........... 🤔

Quote: Gandler
All people in positions of power need to follow guidance from up top or else they are not doing their duty.

If you want to not follow laws or orders, fine, but don't be a Sheriff.... And, be ready to do the time.
Same reply here. So when California officials refused to enforce Proposition 8 back in 2008, you opposed that too?

Why do I have such a hard time believing that a libbie like you supported the enforcement of Prop 8 (the ban on gay marriage)??
Another hmm........... 🤔
April 18th, 2020 at 9:01:49 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: kenarman
Earlier you said the sheriff must follow orders. Now you say maybe the captain is allowed to not follow orders but to follow his own conscience. You aren't being consistent. Which way is it?
+1,000

Another libbie caught in another inconsistency!! I love it!! 👍👍

Like I always say, libbies love to make up rules as they go along...........whatever suits their needs. 🙄
April 18th, 2020 at 9:16:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Earlier you said the sheriff must follow orders. Now you say maybe the captain is allowed to not follow orders but to follow his own conscience. You aren't being consistent. Which way is it?

You did not read what I wrote. I said the investigation will occur and he must accept it....

There are many pieces that are still coming out.... This is not a cut and dry matter...

But, yes, ultimately he must follow orders and accept the consequences for what he did whether the investigation comes out positive or negative.

A lot has to do with who he cc'd on the original emails, I guarantee most people have not dug deep into this...

Either way my view is consistent....

The Sherriff is clearly wrong and will be held accountable, and if the Carrier Commander is found to be wrong he will be held accountable (he is already being punished in the short term, there sherriff should be too), I think most Law Enforcment needs to be more centralized with a more military control over punishment for consistency.... But, that is another topic....
April 19th, 2020 at 4:02:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Thanks for being specific. I think the courts would disagree with you. I'm not saying it is reasonable, nor the correct way to handle the pandemic. But I think it is within the rights of the executive.
The populace has two lawful recourses. They can challenge the constitutionality in court. And if that fails, enough citizens can vote the person out next election.

Under more normal circumstances I would agree with you. But we are talking making a police state, wholesale stripping of rights. This level cannot wait. If for no other reason than you do not want the population to "get used to it." Look on this and the other board, we have people begging for their rights to be taken away "for the common good."
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2020 at 5:12:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Under more normal circumstances I would agree with you. But we are talking making a police state, wholesale stripping of rights. This level cannot wait. If for no other reason than you do not want the population to "get used to it." Look on this and the other board, we have people begging for their rights to be taken away "for the common good."

My rights are already taken away for the common good. There is a road in nearby Tonawanda, Delaware Avenue, that has a speed limit of 30. It is a wide road, and if you didn't see the signs you would guess the speed limit would be 45 or 50. It is well known as a speed trap, as when the Tonawanda police need to fill their quota they just can sit at any intersection there.
I feel my right to drive at a normal safe speed has been taken away. With no cars within eyesight, I am not allowed to cross the street except at an intersection. I have to wear a seat belt while driving, and there is no way that impacts others. I'm not allowed to pop a lortab if I want to.

I am willing to not have the rights I want as a price I pay to live in a law based, police protected, civil society.
April 19th, 2020 at 5:17:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
My rights are already taken away for the common good. There is a road in nearby Tonawanda, Delaware Avenue, that has a speed limit of 30. It is a wide road, and if you didn't see the signs you would guess the speed limit would be 45 or 50. It is well known as a speed trap, as when the Tonawanda police need to fill their quota they just can sit at any intersection there.
I feel my right to drive at a normal safe speed has been taken away. With no cars within eyesight, I am not allowed to cross the street except at an intersection. I have to wear a seat belt while driving, and there is no way that impacts others. I'm not allowed to pop a lortab if I want to.

I am willing to not have the rights I want as a price I pay to live in a law based, police protected, civil society.

Sounds like you would have liked East Germany?

FWIW "primary" seatbelt laws are just a way for cops to go on fishing expeditions. They should be banned as well.

But what is going on is not "laws" but "orders" from government. It is alarming how few people are alarmed at all of this. I swear 1/3 of the population woudl willingly get on cattle cars to be transported to a "Paradise China Virus Free Resort" if offered the choice.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2020 at 6:26:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
deBlasio has placed hundreds of cameras in NYC to catch drivers violating the 25 mph speed limit. 20 mph in school zones. This is in addition to the cameras placed to catch red light violators. A number of city busses are equipped with cameras to catch drivers using the bus only lanes.

He also created bike lanes all over the city to encourage bicycle use and save the world from global warming. More cyclists, less pollution, more deaths. Cyclist fatalities are at a record high.

Between the cameras, bus lanes and bike lanes, we're forced to crawl along single file at 20 mph, or risk becoming enemies of the state.

Yesterday, he asked New Yorkers to take photos of social distancing violators and text them to the city for enforcement.

“When you see a crowd, when you see a line that’s not distanced, when you see a supermarket that’s too crowded — anything — you can report it right away so we can get help there to fix the problem. And now, it’s as simple as taking a photo.”

Here he is last evening, addressing hospital workers in a crowded lobby without his mask.

And speaking of hospital workers:

April 19th, 2020 at 6:55:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
deBlasio has placed hundreds of cameras in NYC to catch drivers violating the 25 mph speed limit. 20 mph in school zones. This is in addition to the cameras placed to catch red light violators. A number of city busses are equipped with cameras to catch drivers using the bus only lanes.

He also created bike lanes all over the city to encourage bicycle use and save the world from global warming. More cyclists, less pollution, more deaths. Cyclist fatalities are at a record high.

Between the cameras, bus lanes and bike lanes, we're forced to crawl along single file at 20 mph, or risk becoming enemies of the state.

Yesterday, he asked New Yorkers to take photos of social distancing violators and text them to the city for enforcement.

“When you see a crowd, when you see a line that’s not distanced, when you see a supermarket that’s too crowded — anything — you can report it right away so we can get help there to fix the problem. And now, it’s as simple as taking a photo.”

Here he is last evening, addressing hospital workers in a crowded lobby without his mask.

And speaking of hospital workers:

New York has always had a good system of mobile based enforcement. They even have an app where you can video vehicles idealing too long and if you send it up with the DOT number and LP number you get a portion of the fine as a reward.

I think the reward system is an encouragement for reporting bad behavior.

I have nothing against red light cameras or speed cameras, it makes traffic enforcement more stream-lined so police don't have to spend their whole day stopping people for going a few miles over and can focus on responding to dangerous behavior.
April 19th, 2020 at 7:09:07 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
The one good thing to come out of this is the closing of the government indoctrination centers otherwise known as public schools. I say close them for good.
April 19th, 2020 at 8:36:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: pew
The one good thing to come out of this is the closing of the government indoctrination centers otherwise known as public schools. I say close them for good.

They are not closed, they are just moving to online classes for this year, which is a good way to adapt and overcome (and is long overdue in my view).