Democratic debates

October 4th, 2019 at 12:58:47 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
They haven't even started impeachment proceedings yet, and Mitch McConnell has made up his mind.

"All of you know your Constitution, the way that impeachment stops is a Senate majority with me as majority leader."

Maybe he should recuse himself if it goes to the senate for a trial.

Partisan sham coming out of the house or not, he should still at least pretend to evaluate the evidence, even though a senate trial is also going to be a partisan sham too.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 4th, 2019 at 1:14:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
They haven't even started impeachment proceedings yet, and Mitch McConnell has made up his mind.

"All of you know your Constitution, the way that impeachment stops is a Senate majority with me as majority leader."

Maybe he should recuse himself if it goes to the senate for a trial.

Partisan sham coming out of the house or not, he should still at least pretend to evaluate the evidence, even though a senate trial is also going to be a partisan sham too.

Were you this upset when the Democrats had an impeachment pep rally for Bill Clinton and promised never to vote to convict?
The President is a fink.
October 4th, 2019 at 1:42:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Dalex64
Try this one.

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-troll-russia-disinformation-campaign-trump-2017-10?fbclid=IwAR1ltbI6AwxP4bNnGCAziI9Wk408nFP1F3kSpadPb4KA6hxd2vAXJQL5qv0

"Our task was to set Americans against their own government: to provoke unrest and discontent, and to lower Obama’s support ratings."

<<It’s not just writing ‘Obama is a monkey’ and ‘Putin is great.’ They’ll even fine you for that kind of [primitive] stuff," he told Dozhd. In fact, those who worked for the foreign desk were restricted from spreading pro-Russia propaganda. Rather, Max said, their job was more qualitative and was geared toward understanding the "nuances" of American politics to "rock the boat" on divisive issues like gun control and LGBT rights.>> Bolding is mine, so they had an opinion, bfd.

"The secretive firm is bankrolled by Yevgeny Prigozhin, CNN reported, a Russian oligarch who is a close ally of President Vladimir Putin."

At the level these guys work at, there are different sets of information. But this Prigozhin oligarch [owner of the influence ring] is also, at least part owner in the Wagner mercenary group that is operating in Libya. The Russian version of our Blackwater group.

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/28241/the-tangled-mercenary-network-of-putin-s-chef-is-starting-to-unravel

From link: "Wagner Group seems to be struggling in its push to help Haftar capture Tripoli " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalifa_Haftar

Prigozhin is supporting Haftar, who is our guy that has lived within 10 miles of DC for the last ten or so years and trained at Langley.

What I get out of it, is we are sometimes on the same sides and sometimes not. I don't think we should make Russia our enemy, when they would be a natural ally. Whatever influence they may have afflicted on the last election [and I don't think was state level sanctioned] didn't change the course of the outcome.

The Petrodollar is in trouble, and we need to sway either China or Russia over to our side. China is the challenger for world domination and will not come to our side, but Russia might. But not if we continue treating them as the enemy. We are forcing Russia into China's open arms, and we will lose using that approach. We need to pick our enemy's closely.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 4th, 2019 at 2:03:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: rxwine
Quote: fleaswatter
Yes but to be clear, the Mueller Report indicated that only the private firm CrowdStrike determined who the DNC servers were hacked by. The DNC did not allow the FBI or any other government agency inspect the "hacked" server. I wonder why the DNC did not allow the government inspect their servers?

The DNC cooperated with the FBI requests, and the FBI used a private security firm to inspect the server.

You can blame James Comey for that decision, but I’ve seen no evidence the DNC denied any request about it.

Not quite right

DNC server

I quote parts:
Quote:
FBI Director James Comey testified last year that the FBI did not get access to the server, but the DNC hired a private cybersecurity firm that shared its forensic analysis of the DNC server with the FBI.

“[W]e got the forensics from the pros that they hired which — again, best practice is always to get access to the machines themselves, but this — my folks tell me was an appropriate substitute,” Comey said in a March 20, 2017, exchange with Rep. Will Hurd of Texas about the DNC server.

You can watch Comey testifying in the following link:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425087-1/fbi-director-investigating-links-trump-campaign-russia&start=18335
Let's go Brandon
October 4th, 2019 at 6:03:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
It's almost as if Ukraine has some high paying jobs set aside for all the heads of DNC's kids? https://nationalfile.com/breaking-nancy-pelosis-son-was-exec-at-gas-company-that-did-business-in-ukraine/

"Paul Pelosi Jr. co-founded the company Natural Blue Resources, which the SEC charged with securities fraud in 2014.

Nancy Pelosi led a congressional delegation to Ukraine in 2015 to discuss issues including “energy security.”
October 4th, 2019 at 6:17:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
It's almost as if Ukraine has some high paying jobs set aside for all the heads of DNC's kids? https://nationalfile.com/breaking-nancy-pelosis-son-was-exec-at-gas-company-that-did-business-in-ukraine/

"Paul Pelosi Jr. co-founded the company Natural Blue Resources, which the SEC charged with securities fraud in 2014.

Nancy Pelosi led a congressional delegation to Ukraine in 2015 to discuss issues including “energy security.”

Until your side starts complaining about all the corruption surrounding Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka’s business dealings these stories will never be taken seriously.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 4th, 2019 at 6:28:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: ams288
Until your side starts complaining about all the corruption surrounding Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka’s business dealings these stories will never be taken seriously.

Feel free to identify "all the corruption surrounding Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka’s business dealings".

I will not hold my breath.
Let's go Brandon
October 4th, 2019 at 6:29:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
And don't put me on a side.

Unless you are referring to the American side.
October 4th, 2019 at 6:34:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Feel free to identify "all the corruption surrounding Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka’s business dealings".

I will not hold my breath.

Google is your friend.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 4th, 2019 at 6:43:10 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: ams288
Google is your friend.

I didn't think you knew this since you would have used it to identify a crime as EB requested in another thread.
Let's go Brandon