Democratic debates

October 4th, 2019 at 6:50:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
I didn't think you knew this since you would have used it to identify a crime as EB requested in another thread.

I just thought everyone here was intelligent enough to realize that impeachment is a political process, not a criminal one. They could impeach Donny for cheating on Melanie with Stormy if they wanted to and had the votes for it. Guess I overestimated our righties.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 4th, 2019 at 7:02:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
The Foreign Emoluments Clause of the Constitution prohibits the President from accepting any benefits from foreign states unless he first obtains the consent of Congress. President Trump has never sought or received such consent.

Examples of Trump’s Unconstitutional Emoluments

Quote:
The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, which is owned by China, leases space in Manhattan’s Trump Tower. The bank’s lease is estimated to be “worth close to $2 million annually.” [Washington Post, July 5, 2018]

The governments of Afghanistan, India, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, and Thailand all pay for space in Manhattan’s Trump World Tower. During the first eight months of Trump’s presidency, more foreign governments sought permission to lease space in Trump World Tower than in the previous two years combined. [Reuters, May 2, 2019] [Mansion Global, May 4, 2018]

Foreign States Paying for Rooms and Events at Trump Hotels
The Saudi Arabian government paid approximately $270,000 for rooms and expenses at Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C., between November 2016 and February 2017. [Politico, Feb. 9, 2017] [Wall Street Journal, June 6, 2017]

The Embassy of Kuwait held its National Day Celebration at Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel in February 2017. The estimated price of the celebration was between $40,000 and $60,000. The next year, the embassy again paid for a celebration at the hotel. [Reuters, Feb. 27, 2017] [Washington Post, January 26, 2018]

The Malaysian Prime Minister and dozens of members of his diplomatic delegation stayed at President Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel in September 2017, with the Prime Minister reportedly traveling from the hotel in a motorcade straight to the White House for a meeting with the President. [Washington Post, September 12, 2017]

https://www.theusconstitution.org/litigation/trump-and-foreign-emoluments-clause/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 4th, 2019 at 7:05:00 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: petroglyph
It's almost as if Ukraine has some high paying jobs set aside for all the heads of DNC's kids? https://nationalfile.com/breaking-nancy-pelosis-son-was-exec-at-gas-company-that-did-business-in-ukraine/

"Paul Pelosi Jr. co-founded the company Natural Blue Resources, which the SEC charged with securities fraud in 2014.

Nancy Pelosi led a congressional delegation to Ukraine in 2015 to discuss issues including “energy security.”

Here is another one:

Top Romney Advisor Worked With Hunter Biden On Board of Ukrainian Energy Board
Let's go Brandon
October 4th, 2019 at 7:06:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Am just pointing out some corruption Trump needs to take care of, by resigning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 4th, 2019 at 7:06:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I just thought everyone here was intelligent enough to realize that impeachment is a political process, not a criminal one. They could impeach Donny for cheating on Melanie with Stormy if they wanted to and had the votes for it. Guess I overestimated our righties.

Yup
From Wikipedia
"The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, and refusal to obey a lawful order."

That covers just about, well, everything :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 5th, 2019 at 3:44:01 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288

Nope - committing adultery does not fall under "high crimes and misdemeanors"
October 5th, 2019 at 4:23:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades
Nope - committing adultery does not fall under "high crimes and misdemeanors"

See terapined’s post directly above yours.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 5th, 2019 at 4:32:36 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Were you this upset when the Democrats had an impeachment pep rally for Bill Clinton and promised never to vote to convict?
As expected, he has no answer. 😂😂
October 5th, 2019 at 5:42:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
Nope - committing adultery does not fall under "high crimes and misdemeanor
s"

You're a lawyer?
ROTFL
Did you read my last post in the thread?
SOOPOO, I value his medical opinion, He's a DR.
aceofspades, regardless of you being a lawyer, due to your posts, I would never consider listening to your judicial opinion.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 5th, 2019 at 6:45:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
You're a lawyer?
ROTFL
Did you read my last post in the thread?
SOOPOO, I value his medical opinion, He's a DR.
aceofspades, regardless of you being a lawyer, due to your posts, I would never consider listening to your judicial opinion.

On this issue, I agree with Ed. The House can bring article of impeachment for whatever the f... they want. They could determine that adultery demeans the office to a degree that the President should be removed. If 2/3 of the senators agree, gone....

Ed, what happened to the kind man I met? Just a rude comment directed at Ace. No need for it here.