Democratic debates

Page 70 of 70« First<67686970
December 20th, 2019 at 5:37:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13286
Quote: Evenbob
LOL! I was reading that Trump
has gotten more done in his
first 3 years than any president
in history. And that's with a
totally uncooperative Congress
and media.


Congress is uncooperative because he wants to get things done. The idea in Washington and politics is sit around and talk about things while you get paid. Have fancy lunches. Go to the Capitol Health Club. Have important people beg you for things.

How long did NAFTA take vs. how long did Trump take to get a better deal? Now what would be funny would be if Trump in his second term got a new round of GATT talks and it was called the "Trump Round." Could you imaging that?
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
December 28th, 2019 at 10:15:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 138
Posts: 21956
"During an interview with the Des Moines Register on Friday, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden stated that if he was subpoenaed to testify at the Senateís impeachment trial, he would not comply."

He must have seen the quid pro quo
video of when he was VP and getting
that Ukraine prosecutor fired. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 9th, 2020 at 5:18:26 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 227
Posts: 5729
Quote: terapined
No kidding
Got to be a moron if you cant figure out who I am referring too
One moron cant figure out who the other moron is
lol
That's why I have members blocked. No interest in responding to morons


Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 9th, 2020 at 5:19:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 227
Posts: 5729
Quote: DRich
I think the old adage "If you can't spot the sucker at the table, you are probably the sucker." would apply here.


Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 9th, 2020 at 10:47:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 138
Posts: 21956
After Feb Iowa caucus, there will be
4 left, all the rest will be gone. Bernie,
Biden. ButtCrack, and Warren last.
They are all within 3 % points of
each other on RCP. Unless Hillary
gets in, the candidate will be an
old white man. A loon and a Commie.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2020 at 3:36:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13286
Quote: Evenbob
After Feb Iowa caucus, there will be
4 left, all the rest will be gone. Bernie,
Biden. ButtCrack, and Warren last.
They are all within 3 % points of
each other on RCP. Unless Hillary
gets in, the candidate will be an
old white man. A loon and a Commie.


That is fairly normal. No sane person expected 18 or however many to make it even to Super Tuesday. Though I suspect a few will hold out to NH, maybe SC.

Remember the CA recall when you had everyone running, even some porn star? They kind of made it that. Easy way to get attention. Get some suckers to donate and get noticed. It may be the new norm in politics what with it easier than ever to reach small donors and lots of people willing to send a check.

I cannot see ever donating to a campaign. Waste of money.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 10th, 2020 at 6:17:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 15
Posts: 2268
Quote: AZDuffman
That is fairly normal. No sane person expected 18 or however many to make it even to Super Tuesday. Though I suspect a few will hold out to NH, maybe SC.

Remember the CA recall when you had everyone running, even some porn star? They kind of made it that. Easy way to get attention. Get some suckers to donate and get noticed. It may be the new norm in politics what with it easier than ever to reach small donors and lots of people willing to send a check.

I cannot see ever donating to a campaign. Waste of money.


LOL! You don't understand politics then. I guess you are right that YOU should never donate to a campaign, but time for the dirty little secret ( which of course is not a secret). You own a brick making company. The elected officials want standards for bricks to be doubled, so that it costs you $2 a brick instead of $1 a brick to make them. You sell your bricks for $1.50. But the alternative, wood, only costs $1.55. So you sell a lot of bricks at $1.50. But if you have to try and sell them for more than $2, you can't. So poof, you are out of business. You don't think its worth the $5,000 donation to the politicians to try and convince them to not enact that law?
What I haven't told you is the wood seller made the donation last year asking for stronger brick regulations......

What you really get for your donation is access, and rarely is there ever a quid pro quo. Of course that would be illegal. But this is the real world. I had a friend who owned nursing homes. He told me it was $5k a year to go to some breakfast with the governor. The cost of doing business.....
January 10th, 2020 at 8:39:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 13286
Quote: SOOPOO
LOL! You don't understand politics then. I guess you are right that YOU should never donate to a campaign, but time for the dirty little secret ( which of course is not a secret). You own a brick making company. The elected officials want standards for bricks to be doubled, so that it costs you $2 a brick instead of $1 a brick to make them. You sell your bricks for $1.50. But the alternative, wood, only costs $1.55. So you sell a lot of bricks at $1.50. But if you have to try and sell them for more than $2, you can't. So poof, you are out of business. You don't think its worth the $5,000 donation to the politicians to try and convince them to not enact that law?
What I haven't told you is the wood seller made the donation last year asking for stronger brick regulations......

What you really get for your donation is access, and rarely is there ever a quid pro quo. Of course that would be illegal. But this is the real world. I had a friend who owned nursing homes. He told me it was $5k a year to go to some breakfast with the governor. The cost of doing business.....


Oh I get that part. Iíve played golf with a state assemblyman. Itís why MSFT got shaken down in the late 90s. They werenít playing the game so Gates found a black hand on his door. They started doing some lobbying.

But for someone to send Kamala Harris $20? Why?
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 12th, 2020 at 12:52:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 24
Posts: 5232
Quote: Wizard
Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
Are suspensions up yet?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 12th, 2020 at 1:54:40 PM permalink
Shrek
Member since: Aug 13, 2019
Threads: 5
Posts: 1269
But it's great. Why do you need to ruin it like that?? lol.....
Page 70 of 70« First<67686970